“If that was the renovated room, I'd hate to see the "before"”

Days Inn Oak Ridge Knoxville
Days Inn Oak Ridge Knoxville
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Oak Ridge
Reviewed October 9, 2007

The hotel was completely booked yet there was no extra staff to get us through check in. Although they were polite and vaguely apologetic, it took almost 30 min to get a key. It took others even longer since my key actually worked the first time.
Friends also got other rooms called "no smoking" and it apparently meant no one had smoked in there in the last 20 minutes. Some had to go to other hotels to the smell. My room was also non-smoking but still came with ashtrays, burn marks on the furniture and an odor I could not define, but it was tolerable.
I was told on the phone when booking that the place had just been renovated but in my room wallpaper was peeling, tiles were missing in the bathroom, celiing tiles had assorted curious stains and I worried the showerhead was going to come off the wall at any moment.
The breakfast never contained the promised fresh fruit and half the time the OJ machine was broken. Plenty of carbs and sugar though.
To top it off, when I got home and unpacked, I found I was missing a new, still in the bag, ring and bracelet. Calls to the front desk to check my room to see if I'd left them on the vanity went unreturned. I suppose I could chalk it up to misplacing the jewerly but I later found out that a friend who stayed in another room unpacked and discovered she was missing 2 brand new shirts. Same no reply from front desk. Hmmmmm. We are both well traveled and know how to do a room check before we check out....kinda makes you wonder

• Stayed: August 2007