“Wonderful place to rent SUP board.”

Norris Paddling Adventures
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Norris
More attraction details
Owner description: We provide self-guided rentals and discovery class in top of the line watercraft; single, fishing & tandem kayaks, hydrobikes (water bikes), canoes and Stand-Up Paddle Boards, for a 1-2 hour paddle, a 4 hr. 'half day' tour for time to picnic, swim and explore or a full day lake adventure. We welcome individuals of all ages and skill levels, including young children and pets. Our experienced staff can also provide guided excursions.
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Wonderful place to rent SUP board.”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

My best SUP board paddling experience to date. Equipment was great and instruction was excellent. Will return.

Visited September 2013

“You will get addicted!”
Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

The owner John is very knowledgable and helpful. He's taught me to paddle board and kayak. I've went several times and it's fun by yourself or with a group. You won't be disappointed. The water is beautiful and clear. I can't recommend this experience enough! It's definitely addictive :)

Visited September 2013
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Totally worth the drive!”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

My husband & I have been wanting to try stand-up paddleboarding for a while now. He found out about Norris Paddling Adventures at a meet-up site for Outdoor Knoxville. It was great! The group was small, only 6 people + the instructor. We started out in a cove protected from boat traffic to get instructions & basics. Then we worked our way out to the open water & learned how to handle the boat wake on the boards. After paddling around for a while, we were encouraged to explore a bit on our own, & bring the boards back to the marina in about 30 minutes. All in all a great adventure, & we will probably be back in the fall to take a kayak tour of the foliage!

Kingwood, New Jersey, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Place to Paddle Board on Norris Lake!”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

The owner John is one of the nicest guys you'll meet out on Norris Lake, He has a bunch of Paddle Boards and kayaks so if you have a big group no one will be left behind. Paddle Adventures is in the perfect location, just head on down to the Norris Dam Marina and you're there. In the morning its super calm and easy to paddle out to any one of the nearest coves! John also provides lessons and guided tours around the lake. Theres also word that Yoga on the 'SUP's (stand up paddle boards) may be starting in the near future! Definitely worth the time to check out and its really affordable too!!!

1 Thank Cody S
Knoxville, Tennessee
“2 Kayak Trips with with Norris Paddling Adventures”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I've rented kayaks from Norris Paddling Adventures twice now. Once with a friend and once with my husband. In both cases, the owner John, gave us quick and helpful kayaking lessons and sent us out to enjoy the lake. In both cases we used sit-on-top kayaks because we wanted to swim once on the lake, but he also has the sit-in-kayaks, stand-up-paddle boards, tandem kayaks and probably more. John also gave my friend and me a quick intro to stand-up-paddling when we came back early with our rental. He's very friendly and knowledgeable! Going up to Norris Lake and renting from Norris Paddling Adventures is my new favorite thing to do when I have a free day.

The first trip, my friend and I rented for 1 hour, which allowed us to kayak up to the 2nd cove and back. We didn't have time for lounging and swimming. The second trip, my husband and I rented for 4 hours (the half-day package, which is more economical if you want more than 1 hour kayaking), which allowed for much more kayaking and plenty of swimming.