“Loved the Redneck Taco”

Ranked #2 of 21 Restaurants in Nolensville
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner
Description: Folks here's the deal, this is TRUE Southern BBQ! We're talking abut the way the good Lord meant it to be. We cook it very low and slow every single night. To us that ain't just the right way, it is the only way.
Reviewed April 7, 2014

On the way down from Lou to Destin, and we stopped here for lunch. My daughter found it while searching the web, and it was on the way. We loved the Redneck Tacos with brisket. Great combination of tastes and textures. Did not try any of the othe BBQ, but for what we had, we really enjoyed it, and would recommend it.

1  Thank bob k
There are newer reviews for Martin's Bar-B-Que Joint

Reviewed April 5, 2014

Stopped there for a late Lunch on our way back from Lynchburg to Nashville. Place was packed at 14:00. Tried their Brisket, St. Louis Ribs, Pulled Pork, Sausage, Slaw, BBQ Beans, and Fries. Everything was very good. The Beans were exceptional.

We ordered the Ribs "dry" (no sauce) and unfortunately they were also dry and overcooked, although they had good flavor and I would try them again! The pulled pork was tender and moist, I felt that it was undersmoked as I just did not see or taste the sweet hickory smoke and smoke ring. My wife thought is was the best brisket she ever had.

They were just pulling out a whole hog from the inside pit as we were leaving and we saw something about a whole hog on Saturdays. You may want to see if they do some special "pig pickin" on Saturdays.

Bottom line, check the place out when you are close, it was worth the stop.

1  Thank Sawdogs
Reviewed April 2, 2014

I visited the new Belmont store today and was really impressed by my pork sandwich with slaw. I am surprised by some of the negative comments. I had fries with my sandwich and they were really good. I thought the prices were fair and there were lots of workers walking around checking on folks. The food came out in a timely manner. The tables were clean and organized.They appear to have a ton of different beers on tap. I can't wait to go back and try other items on the menu. I think this is some of the best bar-b-que in Nashville.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

I'm actually reviewing the new location on Belmont boulevard in Nashville. It recently opened and my daughter suggested we try it. You have to stand in line to order, pick up your drinks, then pick a table and the food will be delivered to you. We choose a table near the front door to cut down on the noise and the smoke that was permeating the restaurant. Beer is the only alcohol served and we selected two different drafts. I asked for a light tasting choice, and the one that was suggested ended up being reddish and hoppy. My daughter choice was better and we switched. I opted to order dry rubbed ribs on the rack and she got wet baby back. Again, hers were better - meaty and tender. Mine were dry, chewy, and peppery. We both had barbeque beans as a side and found them too full of strings of meat. My potato salad was very good, and her hoe cake - like a cornbread pancake - was okay. When we returned home, my husband commented about how we reeked of barbeque smell. The smell remained on our clothing the next day forcing an unplanned load of laundry. This is probably best approached as a take-out place unless you don't mind inhaling smoke that remains with you for hours afterward.

1  Thank ASC19512013
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Great BBQ place! Had the best Pulled Pork sandwich ever. The brisket taco was good not not as good as the sandwich to me.

Very nice and friendly staff too and they give you free Moon Pie which is nice!

Definitely work the drive from Nashville!