“Restaurant is closed.”

Nolen's Place
Ranked #9 of 21 Restaurants in Nolensville
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Chapel Hill, Tennessee
“Restaurant is closed.”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Found a sign on the door saying the restaurant is closed. Had my mouth set for some Uncle Bud's Catfish too! :=(

Visited November 2013

Colorado Springs, Colorado
“A nice change from the chains”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We've only eaten here once but it was quite good. We were visiting family who live in town. We are from CO and had to take their recommendation. When they asked if we wanted catfish, we went for it since we don't get that in CO. The food was good but not spectacular and the prices were very fair. The restaurant and restrooms were clean and the people were friendly. We would definitely go back.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank PatrickMead
Boston, Massachusetts
“Decent Meal In Decent Digs”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I had been to another Uncle Bud's and was unimpressed and not interested in going to this one. But, my wife and son were with me and wanted to give it a try.

Why not, although it was rather tough for me to walk inside and look across the way at Martin's, the ever-popular BBQ joint that always enjoys box-office crowds.

But on this sunny Sunday, football was in the air, and yes, "on the air" at Uncle Bud's.

You order at the front counter when you arrive and the cashier gives you a number, and a few minutes later, a waitress brings out the meals. Both ladies were friendly and efficient at this fishing shanty-wannabe.

Make no mistake, we talkin' catfish here, not BBQ, and it was good. So, too, was the shrimp. Served with a tangy cocktail sauce. And my two sides were a dish of green beans, with bits of ham tossed in for good measure, and everyone's favorite, Mac 'N Cheese, although this particular version was a tad too salty for my taste, along with two very decent hush-puppies. Oh, and a Coors Light Tall Boy. No other restaurant that I'm aware of sells Tall Boys.

My wife ordered something NOT on the menu and they willingly served it up--grilled shrimp on a regular salad. She remarked that it came with "lots of spices" and was "great, right up my alley!" Our son had a huge bowl of gumbo and declared that it was good.

Looks like we'll be back!

• Visited September 2013