“Great for the money”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Newport
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We stayed here for one night driving through Tennessee. Clean, comfortable room. Outdated rooms, but better than I expected for the $59.00 price tag. Staff was friendly. Located near several restaurants.

• Stayed: August 2013

Reviewed August 25, 2013

I stayed at this place just needing a place to use the internet and get some work done. Well I checked in and got internet from another motel. I moved around to about 5 rooms and never got it. The owner came and said his connected his homepage loaded but he could browse any other places when i brought that up to him he wouldnt talk to me anymore. Only saying it worked and of course there was a language barrier as with any patel motel. The girl at the front desk was great she did all she could do and I appreciate that. The owners could learn from her. I would avoid this place the rooms stunk and the owner and his wife are rude. The front desk girl had a European sounding name she was a local girl super nice. Also they have no laundry

Room Tip: Go to another motel
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Family stayed here on our way to the Smokey Mountains. Knew we would roll in late and leave early so we just needed a place to crash. Great rate for a crash pad but it definitely aint the Ritz. Back in the day I think this place was pretty swanky, but that must have been a long time ago.
After checking in we drove around back to find our room. A couple groups of people on the balcony drinking kind of reminded me of Mardi Gras.
Indoor pool and the rooms opened to the inside like the old Holidome. Thought I would be up all night listening to people at the pool but at 10:00 PM the lights went out and the pool closed.
i know my wife wasn't at all comfortable here so i wouldn't recommend this as a stop for everyone.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We stayed in room 110. This was an interior room near the pool. The pool was nice, even has a small "kiddie" pool section, however the whirlpool was out of order and green. The pool deck is VERY slick, even walking in this area was treacherous. There are three gates to area but all but one are locked at all times. Strange. The website states there is a "fitness facility". This is supposed to be one of the rooms near the pool, room 148. I tried to enter the room with my key card, but it would not open. I returned to the pool area and suddenly three Indian employees/owners (?) came out and started messing with the door and pointing at me and kept watching me the rest of the time I was in the pool area. For the rest of my stay, I was watched by at least one of these people every time I left my room. Creepy. And there is no "coin laundry" for guests. Room was clean and beds were firm but comfortable. The restaurant and bar/lounge are both closed down and off limits. Cameras everywhere.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We booked this hotel because of the pictures online. WOW! What a mistake! My parents were in the room next to us. My mom was looking for an outlet and found a pair of scanty panties behind the bed! Our room wasnt terrible, but not that great either. We looked for ice, and found the machine out. I went back to the room to call the front office. When I called the front office, nobody answered. Nobody answered the second time I called either. So, I walked up front to ask if they had another ice machine. She said no. I told her it was out of ice. The smart alec answer I got was, "Well, people are using it. If you want some, you will have to wait or go to BP and get some." Im shocked that this hotel only has 1 ice maker for the whole place!
Don't get me started on the "WI-FI". What a joke! Our room (100) couldnt get it unless we were standing by the door. If you are lucky enough to get online, be prepared to spend all night waiting for things to load. Super frustrating! We will NEVER stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I went to sleep and woke up to bug bites on my arms and got up and started looking on the bed and the covers and sheets and found bugs crawling on the sheets and cover. How can someone rent a hotel room out knowing the have bugs in the bed and in the room. Thats just sick if i would have known that i would have never got this bug infested room or stayed at this nasty hotel. I want be back and i will spread the word to others that this hotel has bugs in the rooms.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Pros: Great rate for the quality of the room. We were very comfortable during our stay. Front desk clerk was very polite @check-in and check-out. Close to some good places to eat. The inn was very clean except for the thousand cigarette butts in the back parking lot.

Cons: Cameras everywhere, I'm sure it was for security but still creepy. The inter ring of rooms around the pool area was enclosed which made the noise level high. Kids and adults at the pool from open till close (might have been because of spring break). I booked the room because the inn had a hot tub and enclosed pool but I didn't get to use the hot tub because it was always packed with kids and their parents. Also the water looked green and not blue like the pool. I think if I could have gotten time in the hot tub not sure if I would have gotten in or not, water looked dirty. Had trouble with wi-fi connect so I just used my phone as a hot spot. Also the breakfast room was very cold(it was a cold morning). Coffee service needs an upgrade.

All in all we were very comfortable and the staff were very nice. Great room for the price.

Room Tip: Rooms on the outside ring are quieter during the day.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newport
3 mi away
Motel 6 Newport
Motel 6 Newport
#7 of 10 in Newport
Best Western Newport Inn

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!