“Do NOT stay here. Fleas.”

Best Western Newport Inn
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Newport
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We are a Best Western loyal family. We usually have a great experiences, so when my husband and I decided to book our one night (halfway stop between our vacation destination and home) at this hotel we didn't expect anything different.

Boy were we wrong!!! From check in to check out it was a terrible experience. Front desk was rude to my husband. I think he interrupted her tv show!!! My daughter and I waited in the car while he checked in. While waiting a van pulled in in front of our car. This woman was on her cell phone and stared at us. She left her van sit idling while she went inside. It wasn't a guest. It was housekeeping. We had to back up and go around her.

The hallway leading to our room was dirty and filled with dried mud. Yes, it was an outside hall so I thought, "ok, I will let that slide". The room was dirty, the tub was stained, the towels were damp. I told my husband that we were not staying here. I was scared of bed bugs!!!!

He was too tired to continue driving and since we were not familiar with the area we stayed. I only brought in what luggage we needed and after cleaning with wet wipes, I placed what luggage we brought in off the floor. I put it on desks, chairs, and luggage racks.

We stopped by the front desk to ask for more towels (clean and dry towels). Interrupted the front desk again. She said, "hmm, ah, we have a problem with the towels, don't know if I have any". Seriously??? You are a hotel!!!!

Thank heavens I had clean beach towels with us. That is what we used. When we left the next morning I did NOT leave a tip as I usually do. We expressed our displeasure at check out. Nothing. Not even an I am sorry. We used our points for our stay, then found out the room was only $30.00 per night. So we said, "oh, lets save our points and pay the $30.". This person said, "no, we already have your points". That was about strike #10!!!

We drove home. As I was unpacking to start laundry something jumped on me. Wasn't sure what it was. Then something jumped on our whites. It was fleas!!! I was so worried about bed bugs that I didn't even think about fleas. We brought fleas home with us!!!!!

Please, please, please do not stay here.

Room Tip: Do not choose a room. Sleep in your car. Sleep at a rest stop. Just do not stay.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Tammy M
ECoggins, Public Relations Manager at Best Western Newport Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Our entire team staff here at the Best Western Newport Inn would initially like to send you our most sincere apologies for your unfortunate visit with us. Our trained staff strives to achieve Superior Customer Care for All our guests and anything less than a five star review is unacceptable.
We would be most grateful if you would give us another chance to exceed your expectations on your next trip to Newport tn. Our appreciation again for your initial decision to stay with us and consideration for a second. As always, we hope to serve you above and beyond your expectations. Thank you for your review and business.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Newport Inn

Reviewed September 2, 2013

The staff at this hotel is more than helpful. The rooms are clean and the sleep quality is good. I have eaten at the restaurant and found the food good. I stay at this motel often and would like to eat at some other places but find the methods of transportation slim. I drive a semi so I cannot just run down the street.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Ronald S

We would first like to send you our appreciation with the upmost gratitude for your recent stay and review of our Newly Renovated property! We greatly appreciate your continued loyalty to stay at the Best Western Newport Inn. Regarding your dinner selections, we would be more than happy to refer you to a method of a transportation service. Our location does have a few transportation services and please check with our Guest Service Team and we will gladly help.
Again our many thanks and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed August 31, 2013

I have driven past here many times and never stayed, but that will change! It's an older Best Western with outside entry but the rooms have been updated and the beds are comfortable. The staff was very friendly and helpful, including the maint. guys! Lots of parking and they have a pizzeria restaurant on site as well as a lounge, so it's all there. Or, there is a Ruby Tuesday next door and a Waffle House across the street. A good stay and the price is reasonable. Oh, and American owned I might add! Thanks for the comfortable stay!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Creekguy
ECoggins, Public Relations Manager at Best Western Newport Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2013

Great! Our complete team staff here at the Best Western Newport Inn is very appreciative for your decision to stay with us at our newly renovated property! Our trained experienced staff works diligently to improve an upmost positive experience for All our guests! The accommodations and amenities our property and area offers is superior to our competitors. With a restaurant on site, Brooklyn Pizzeria, a great rate, and Superior Customer Care, we are confident that our guests will have a pleasant experience at our property!
We send you our thanks and we hope to serve you in the near future Above and Beyond your expectations!

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Really enjoyed our stay here. We checked in late, so restaurants were closed in the area. Small town, everything closed by 10pm. Fast food restaurants were closing at the time. But the motel, that was excellent. We did not go to the lounge, and the onsite restaurant was closed.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Our staff here at the Best Western Newport Inn is very appreciative for your recent stay and review at our newly remodeled property. We enjoy hearing from our guests experiences at our property so we can better serve and accommodate future guests!
Again our thanks and we look forward to serving you above and beyond your expectations! Thanks!

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Very good staff that was very friendly, the room was pretty and well decorated. We were coming off of I 40 and it was the middle of the night, I think around 1:00 am and it was a dark road and we saw 2 billboards for Best Western but I had already looked it up in TX of what Best Westerns were in the area but didn't make my mind up on which one to go to so I just said , 'I will do it along the way and decide later.' Well I'm glad I didn't book at another one because as soon as we walked up to the desk , Michelle was there and after about 2 sentences , what should of taken us about 10 minutes to check in, took about 1 hr because we got to talking about things in common and just enjoyed each other's company. That made the whole stay worthwhile. The room was beautiful and the amenities were great, I have no complaints ... everything went great.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

How wonderful! Our staff initially sends you our gratitude for your decision to stay at our newly renovated property! We pride ourselves on creating a "positive lasting impression" on each guest that stays at our property. Creating relationships and providing Superior Care is our foundation!
Again, our staff extends our appreciation for your business and we hope to serve you again soon Above and Beyond your expectations! Thanks again and looking forward to your future business!

Reviewed August 16, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. I didn't expect much since I didn't put out much money for my stay but I was very happy! The rooms have recently been redone so the furniture and decor is very modern and new. The complimentary breakfast in the morning was delicious, the television was very nice (and had HBO), the room included a refrigerator, and the staff was extremely friendly and helpful! There are many restaurants and gas stations within minutes of the hotel. Next time I want to go to Gatlinburg I won't even question it- I'm staying here!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Great! Our team staff here at the Best Western Newport Inn is very appreciative for your recent stay and also taking the time to share your pleasant visit with fellow travelers! Our newly renovated rooms are very accommodating with a modern decor while having a very attractive rate! We strive to exceed expectations in all areas of our hospitality industry.
Again, our many thanks and we hope to serve you Above and Beyond your expectations on your next visit with us at the Best Western Newport Inn!

Reviewed August 8, 2013

My family travels through this area quite often, I have been looking for a good stopping point on our 14 hour trip. I would stay here again, as a matter of fact I plan on it. The room was clean and comfortable, the staff was very accommodating , and the price was reasonable.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

We are very appreciative that yourself and your family have chosen to stay with us on your 14 hour trip by our property, the Best Western Newport Inn. Our accommodations are quite attractive with our newly renovated rooms and restaurant on site!
We look forward to serving you and the family again on your next trip! Thank You!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Newport
Comfort Inn Newport
#1 of 8 in Dandridge
Jefferson Inn
Jefferson Inn
#3 of 8 in Dandridge

Been to Best Western Newport Inn? Share your experiences!