“Good Location”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Newport
Family Inns of America Newport East
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Newport
South of Atlanta
“Good Location”
Reviewed March 19, 2009

They say you get what you pay for. Come on folks, what do you expect for this price. Where have you been. The place is a little run-down, but has clean beds, hot water,remote T.V., even an oven. The only negative thing is that the room could use new carpet. To me, the staff was very friendly and made my stay worthwhile.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank SecondBaseman

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Emporium, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 4, 2009

My husband and I stayed at this inn recently with our 3 month old son, 2 year old daughter and 3-and-a-half year old son on our way through the area. If you are looking for a honeymoon or romantic getaway, get your sweetheart a resort or spa reservation. But if you are looking for a no-frills motel for a quick overnight stay off the freeway on a family trip, this is the place to stay. Cheap, clean, and it felt safe (not ghetto or anything) but not fancy. I looked for cockroaches (I hate them!) stains, all the other junk other reviewers supposedly found, but didn't find them in our first-floor room. It was roomy, the hot water was nice and hot. The heater worked well and there was no odd smell or anything (I am sensitive to these kinds of things). There are plenty of places to eat and pick up whatever you need and it is SO convenient to the highway.

We accidentally left a teddybear in the room, and the GM mailed it to us on her dime, and just asked us to reimburse her the postage as soon as we could after it got back to us. Very kind of them.

I take some reviewer's reviews with a grain of salt b/c they expect to get something they don't pay for. For example, there is no breakfast, but that's okay when you can get something on your way on the road. And I'll take that any day when I'm only paying $40 for a room that costs double or triple that right across the street.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank adina77
Dover, Tennessee
Reviewed August 19, 2008

This review is long, but please read it all its informative.

This hotel is a rip off, and according to the reviews on this site about the entire line of family inns in the pigeon forge area they all are.

August 18th my husband and I were on our way to Pigeon Forge to take a few days off, we stopped here to spend the night because it was convenient, and signs on the highway boasted truck parking. We checked in paying only about 40 dollars. There was a sign on the wall saying no refunds.
We got there about 9:15 pm and the restaurant closed at 10pm so we immediately went to the restaurant and ate, then at 9:50 or so we went to our room. Within ten minutes I saw a cockroach crawling on the wall. Then a second one. I freaked out, and my husband killed the one near the bed. We got our stuff and headed for the front desk.
The lady at the desk (she said she was the General Manager) said there was no way we could get our money back to go to another hotel. She said the most that would happen is we could get a coupon for a free night at this or another location that would be mailed to my home address. She offered me another room, directly behind the one we were in. I went to inspect it and my husband saw another roach crawling across the floor. I went back to the desk and was informed yet again there was NO WAY i was getting a refund. The head of security gave me a telephone number to call in the morning. and the "Genera Manager" gave us a room in the front building (the one with the restaurant inside it) and we stayed.
I personally didn't sleep, my husband caught a few hours but my being awake all night disturbed him. So neither of us actually got any rest.
In the morning I called the number I was given, which was not to the head office as I was told but to another hotel. The lady there transferred me around, then finally I hung up and called back. I finally reached someone in customer service who asked me to call back in an hour and speak to the CEO of the company. He also stated that I should have received a refund last night and not been forced to stay in the hotel.
I called back at 9:30 am as instructed and asked for the CEO (I was actually given his name) but was informed that he still wasn't in, he had a manager meeting on Tuesday mornings that must have gone over.
After calling again, I finally spoke to the CEO who said he would call the extermination (pest control) company that was used and would complain, then said have a nice day.

They offer rooms that are dirty, and in disrepair, and full of cockroaches, and REFUSE to refund your money. The staff is unhelpful and unwilling to do anything to accommodate you.

DO NOT STAY HERE.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — COCKROACHES
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank peopaka

Travelers are raving about these Newport hotels

Tennessee
Reviewed August 5, 2008

Me and my husband needed a get-away trip for just a night and this place was fairly close but not too close so we went there and stayed in the jacuzzi suite upstairs above the office. The price was insanely cheap so we thought that the room would be a flop. We had to walk up a lot of stairs and down a long walkway so I had time to think about the room that was awaiting us at the end. Well we opened the door and to our surprise, it was great! The room was huge and very open! The bed was even bigger than a normal king(at least it felt that way) and it had a gorgeous fireplace but the best thing was the jacuzzi itself which was very large. I am a very large woman and I found the tub to be just great for me and my hubby! There was a kitchenette so we went to the Wal-Mart super center that was almost next door and picked up some food for the room. This place was right off of Interstate 40 and was on a road that had every possible restaurant that we could imagine. We had a great time. I am sorry that the normal rooms must not be in great shape but the suite was definitely sweet!

• Liked — The huge room, the kitchenette, closeness of resturants, interstate, jacuzzi, fireplace, huge bed, close to theater
  • Disliked — stairs that seems weak!
  • Stayed February 2006, traveled as a couple
3 Thank jerickoandbecky
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed October 17, 2007

Ok, picture this. I'm 24, driving my mom, and one of my friends who is 28, on a weekend trip from Nashville to Charlotte, NC for a NASCAR weekend. My mom got tired a litle early and we wanted to pull over. We stopped here. Everywhere else was pricey because of nearby Gatlinburg. We picked here, you walk into the lobby, it was either an old grocery store or a movie theater once, it has entry door that are supposed open when you step on the big black mat in front of them, yeah, those. Outdated. Okay, I go in. The lady was new, she knew nothing. I said I just want 1 room for 3 adults, she told me it would be $46.66 incl tax and fees, I said sure. She gave me a room key and I went on. The room key was a real key, not a key card, Ok, anyways. I wanted a non-smoking room, my friend and I got out of the car, these guys came up to us out of no where and asked us for a light, totally startled us, geez, we just went into the room anyways. We walked into our non-smoking room and found burn holes throughout it. The room had a funny odor about it. I went into the restroom to us it and srcrewed right into the bottom of the sink, right at toilet level was a beer bottle opener. How tacky? We stayed there because the Inn boasted a no-refund policy. I didn't even take a shower in the morning -- I just got up and left. It wasn't much of a motel, so we got out of there as quick as possible. Never again.

• Liked — right off the interstate
  • Disliked — everything, the cleanliness, the staff, everything!
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Jennifer N
murrells inlet sc
Reviewed September 12, 2004

After a 10 hour drive on 10 Sep, and noticing various signs posted by family inns of america, we decided to try it for lodging. The signs read $29.95 (limited availability), and felt that even with this price probably not available it should be reasonable.

The inn was at 1825 cosby rd, newport, tn, 37821.
I asked the clerk (0002) in the lobby the price for my wife and I, and if there was any discount for AARP or military retiree. He didn't answer the question about discount availability, but answered $44 (+change) including tax. I figured this was about right for the rather run-down condition for the lobby, so I agreed. (Incidentally, no breakfast donuts, etc., as almost all motels now provide.)

The paper transaction was completed then he ran my card and he gave me the bill to sign. The bill ran $52.04! I asked why the difference, and he said that the tax had not been included in the original quote, and then he provided me with the information that there was a blue grass festival locally which increased the price.

#l...an $8 dollar tax on $42 is about 19%!

#2...the fact about the blue grass festival increase amounts to "gouging".

#3...my hearing could have been faulty, but I doubt it with #1 and #2 occuring.

If he had just been up-front with the price, then me and my wife's time would have not been wasted and we wouldn't have felt violated.

This will be the last time we will visit another motel by this name.

8 Thank kblinds
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newport
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Newport South
Hampton Inn Dandridge
#1 of 8 in Dandridge
#2 of 8 in Dandridge
Hampton Inn & Suites Sevierville @ Stadium Drive

Been to Family Inns of America Newport East? Share your experiences!