“Best in east tn”

Monterrey Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 65 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

I live in Newport and I encourage tourism to this area. With that in mind I tend to eat out and I've decided to start rating the resturants in the area. The staff is friendly, the food is very flaverfull, the beer and margeritas are cheap. I definitely recommend to anyone I search of authentic Mexican food.

Reviewed December 18, 2013 via mobile

I've tried other Monterreys and I think they were better than this one. The worst thing was the waiter and his attitude. He was very unfriendly, almost to the point of downright rude.
Although chips and salsa are ffee with a meal, the salsa was way too spicy/hot.
The chicken taco salad was good. This place is very inexpensive for decent food. I just wish the service was nicer.

Reviewed December 13, 2013

Good Mexican food served here is a nice atmosphere. Located in a strip mall near Walmart but other than that I have no dislikes. Reasonable prices and good service.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

I have been dining at Monterrey for several years now and have always received excellant service and outstanding food. I decided to write this review because I have recently dined at other mexican restaurants in surrounding cities and realized that these others don't hold a candle to Monterrey. The food at these other restaurants is nowhere near as good and the service is minimal compared to what you get at Monterrey. The employees are always so friendly and go out of their way to serve you. And as I said before, the food quality is just amazing! I have never been disappointed.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

The people at this restaurant are always friendly and make you feel right at home. The laugh and joke and make your visit pleasant. The restaurant appears to be clean and the food is wonderful. It is hidden away in a shopping center right off of I-40, but is always busy to the locals.