“Good food”

Ranked #9 of 64 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner
Description: Great Newport fixture for over 30 years. Known for our slow roasted prime rib and Black Angus Rib Eyes. Love seafood checkout the lobster tails!!!
Reviewed April 16, 2014

I have been here many times. The ribeye is great. Even the hamburger steak is good. The only thing i can say stay away from that I know of is there spaghetti it's not good. Over all good place to eat.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

Prime rib was melt in mouth good. Very we'll seasoned and perfectly cooked. Also had the black and blue salad which was great. Steak topper was cooked perfectly and it had more than enough blue cheese. Great atmosphere and prices were very reasonable. Will definitely be back.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

Last fall I wrote a review about a less than positive experience at Fox and Hounds and was pleasantly surprised to see that Tim, the owner had responded. Last week, my husband and I made a return trip and found an entirely new atmosphere. We felt welcomed, met some others who were apparently 'regulars' and enjoyed speaking to them. It was a totally fun evening out. We'll definitely keep Fox and Hounds on our short list of places to return to often!

1  Thank Marcey R
Reviewed February 14, 2014

Food had poor taste and was not properly cooked. Salmon was still swimming and the cow was still grazing. Meals were to come with deserts but we were not told they were out until we asked. They said we could order a brownie but they would have to charge us for it. Waitress kept flat drinks filled but hardly spoke to us as she serviced the table.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

If you value all your customers, perhaps you could at least say hello to everyone instead of stopping to talk to a select few. A few nights ago, I was there with friends for a special occasion. You came out from your office, made a point to speak to two couples at the bar while not even speaking to anyone else. It made me and the group I was with feel as though our business wasn't appreciated. Maybe you only speak to regular customers, but having the manager stop and ask if everything is good and even a thank you for stopping in could turn a casual customer into a regular also. Going out to eat in this economy is a treat for me, so I'm going to spend my money where I feel like my business is appreciated not taken for granted. I didn't get that feeling from you on my visit earlier this week. Just a thought....

2  Thank Marcey R
Tim M, Owner at Fox & Hound Bar and Grill, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

We appreciate all our customers & I usually make a point to greet everyone I can. Your reminder that having your mind elsewhere maybe taken as a lack of interest, when it's not the case. I will make a more concerted effort to include everyone, I love meeting all the varied people that pass thru our doors, many go out of their way just to visit us. So thanks for reminding me I maybe missing out on an opportunity.