“Amazing”

Ranked #1 of 1 Newport B&B and Inns
Chicago, Illinois
“Amazing”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

This resort was amazing and will for sure be a place I go back to. My boyfriend and I went there for our anniversary. We got a mountain view room. The room was beautiful, and clean, but the view was breathtaking! There's a balcony with rocking chairs to sit on and soak it all up. We got a bottle of wine upon our arrival. There's also a lot to do on the resort, pool table, tennis, hiking, swimming pool, gym, and movies to bring to the room. Some rooms have a hot tub as well. I plan on making this place my special get away, I just loved it so much!

Room Tip: all rooms seem amazing, some have hot tubs if that's what you prefer
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Suffolk, Virginia
Reviewed June 27, 2013

We stayed for 4 nights and hated to leave. The room was beautiful, the views unmatched, the food fantastic, service superb! We'll definitely be back. Oh and the facility was beautiful yet felt so at home.

Room Tip: The Mountain Sunrise is on the upper corner with views of the mountains to the front and garden to t...
1 Thank Joy20000
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed June 20, 2013

There are lots of places that call themselves a resort and charge resort level prices. Christopher Place Resort is a gem that is not to be missed if you are looking for a full service place to visit in the Smoky Mountain area. Our room was beautiful, our breakfasts were gourmet, and the beauty of the buildings and the area cannot be matched. We hope to return someday soon.

Room Tip: We loved the Sir Charles room.
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We stayed here for a weekend. This was my birthday gift from my boyfriend. Our stay was the first time that we stayed at a B & B. We arrived a very close to 10 because of the time difference. Rachel and the night staff waited on us to arrive and showed us around. I was pleased and excited about the extended service. The rooms were beautiful. We awoke each morning with a view of the mountains. I wanted to get away and relax. This resort provided exactly that. The staff was very nice and accommodating. I felt as if they were old friends of mine. The other guest were friendly, but also provided the privacy expected from a resort. I love this place.

• Stayed May 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We just returned from our anniversary get away and we were incredibly impressed. From the breath-taking views to the incredible service - they certainly lived up to their tagline of never overlooking ANYTHING! The picnic lunch they packed for us to take with us on a recommended hike was better than anything we imagined, formal dinner was exquisite and the room we stayed in "Tournament of Roses" was warm, comfortable and above reproach. We will definitely return! I have already recommended it to many of our friends!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SharonandBeth
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Had a wonderful 2 night stay in the Tournament of Roses Suite. It was beautifully appointed and very comfortable. This room is separated from the main building by an arched portico. The mountain view from the main building veranda is spectacular and the rocking chairs are comfortable. We've stayed at a lot of B & B's. This is probably the best.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Roselle, Illinois
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Married in Downtown Chicago then whisked away to the fresh-air, breathtaking views, and the most hospitable place on earth - Christopher Place Resort (especially Mr. Price). Thank you-thank you, thank you and God bless you sir as I tip my hat off; for making my honeymoon stay extra special. Everything exceeded expectations, the place is amazing, and the landscape, people, food and a touch of class that made us feel like family. My wife and I experienced such an unbelievable sense of peace and tranquility. I could only describe this place as a small piece of heaven on earth. We look forward to seeing everyone on our one year anniversary.
God bless,
JoseOmar and Josie Gomez

Room Tip: The Roman Holiday (worth every penny)
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newport
Comfort Inn Newport
Quality Inn
#6 of 10 in Newport
Best Western Newport Inn
Blue Mountain Mist Country Inn and Cottages

Been to Christopher Place Resort? Share your experiences!