“A bed”
Review of Motel 6 Newport

Motel 6 Newport
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Newport
Reviewed September 8, 2013

What more can you say the room is small (I'll say the second smallest ive stayed in ever smallest was in hong kong at the Collins international house) bed almost touches both walls but it was quite clean only good for business traveler on budget.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank surfgermany
TammyR89, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Newport, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay at the Motel 6 Newport. I hope that you had a comfortable and enjoyable stay. Please stop & see us the next time you visit Newport.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

A bed,shower,television, a couple of dressers and a pool. That`s about it, the room was clean, the bed was a little hard, a nice shower, but the sinks water pressure was terrible. It`s got a great location with restaurants really close, one within walking distance and a movie theater next door. It`s good for a quick one or two nights that you don`t intend on being in the room because it`s really small and it`s really cheap. My wife and I now understand the phrase (We`ll leave the light on for you).

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
TammyR89, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Newport, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to let everyone know about your stay at the Motel 6 Newport. I am very glad that had an enjoyable visit. We hope you will have the opportunity to visit us again soon.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Room was clean, shower could use more water pressure, check in was efficient, stayed for $57 with 2 adults. Would stay again. Mattress nothing to write home about, but if you need somewhere to stay on short notice, this is it.

Room Tip: third floor has no pets and no smoking
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank N R
TammyR89, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Newport, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2013

I would like to thank you for choosing Motel 6 Newport and for taking the time to let everyone know about your stay with us. I hope that you will have the opportunity to stay with us again soon.

Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is a nicer motel 6. The sheets and towels were clean. The sink water pressure was horrible. My toilet ran constantly but closing the door kept it muffled. I was there to sleep, the guest above was there to walk loudly till 3am. I recommend requesting the top floor.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank hoptontj
TammyR89, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Newport, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

I would like to thank you for taking the time to let us know about your visit with us. I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay. I can assure you that the problems you experienced will be addressed. It is the goal of Motel 6 Newport to provide superior service to all of our guests. Thank you for choosing Motel 6 Newport. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed June 26, 2013

This is our go to motel, half way to Hilton Head, S.C. We have stayed here several times, and we will continue to do so, if it stays the same. The front desk person, is always very friendly. We get a room on the third floor since this floor does not allow animals. This is very important because of my allergies and asthma. they are always very accomodating. This is a no frills motel, meaning, there is complimentary soap, but no shampoo, conditioner, or blow dryer, which I didn;t need anyway, as I always have my own, so you get what you pay for. The rooms are always very clean.

Room Tip: If you are allergic to animals, then choose the third floor, where they are not allowed.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Maryann B
TammyR89, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Newport, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2013

It was so nice to have you stay with us again. I would like to thank you for taking the time to let everyone know about us. Your kind comments are very encouraging to our staff. It is always an honor to have wonderful guests such as yourself. I hope you will have the opportunity to visit Motel 6 Newport again soon.

Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

This may sound like a hotel snob but I never thought I would stay at a Motel 6 but after 15 hours of driving we ran out of energy and needed a place to stay. The building looked very clean and the parking lot was well lit so we went in to see if they had a room. We ended up staying for just a little over $50.00 w/taxes. We were pleasantly surprised when we opened the door. The room was very simple and very clean. The bed was extremely comfortable.
The employees we talked to were very personable. We will 100% stay again if need be.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Nightwhisk
TammyR89, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Newport, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay with us. We certainly do appreciate the positive comments made. It was our pleasure to serve you and I hope that if you're ever by this way again that you will give us the opportunity to serve you. Thank you for choosing Motel 6 Newport!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stayed May 22, 2013. Grounds clean, covered entry but doors need to be large electric sliding as difficult to open heavy doors with luggage in tow. Booked online quickly and check in was smooth and clerk helpful and polite. Called our room after we settled in to check on us and if he could assist us with any questions or benefits. Bath room was neat and clean, no mold, non-slip floor, shower flow great. No comode lid. Towels fluffy-soft. Lighting good,wifi internet service. A/C comfortable easy to operate digitally. Did not use TV. Bed was clean, no bed bugs as we check with special light. Pillow not too soft not too hard. A yapper dog kept yapping and owners were non-caring about other guests. Next visit we'll go to No Pets Allowed! or they kennel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank travelersjimbeth
M6mgmt, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Newport, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2013

I am very glad that you enjoyed your visit with us. Your comments are an encouragement to the staff and management. Thank you for taking the time to let everyone know how wonderful your stay was. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us. Thank you for choosing Motel 6 Newport. We hope you will visit with us again soon.