“Just what we needed!”
Review of Motel 6 Newport

Motel 6 Newport
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Newport
Reviewed November 18, 2012

We stayed here on a quick overnight trip to visit my niece. The room was extremely clean. We stayed on the 3rd floor and it was very quiet. I have to give a "shout out" to the GM Tim Grooms. He runs a top notch operation!!! Every clerk that I had contact with was extremely nice. If you are expecting a 5 star hotel experience, you will be disappointed. However, if you just need a clean, safe, inexpensive place to stay for a couple of nights you have found the right place!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank mlm68
M6mgmt, General Manager at Motel 6 Newport, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Thank you so much for your positive comments concerning your recent stay with us. Its always a pleasure to receive such positive and encouraging feedback. At Motel 6 we strive for complete satisfaction with every guest. Thank you for taking the time to comment on our property and we hope to serve you again in the future!

There are newer reviews for Motel 6 Newport

Reviewed October 23, 2012

I chose this place to stop over on en route to Knoxville and felt it was a safe bet given the ratings on this website. Among this category of motels, this one was slightly better than average and sufficed as a play to stay for the night. The bed was comfortable enough, although the pillows could have been better and the room is a bit on the small side. Overall, the room and bath were clean and checking in & out was quick and efficient. I wish they had a small breakfast bar, even if not overly fancy. However as it is right next to the interstate, there are plenty of fast-food choices in the immediate vicinity. It definitely is more a budget motel in terms of amenities and compares favourably to others.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank mlin32
M6mgmt, General Manager at Motel 6 Newport, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay with us. We certainly do appreciate the positive comments made. It was our pleasure to serve you and I hope that if you're ever by this way again that you will give us the opportunity to serve you. We will leave the light on for you!

Reviewed October 23, 2012

All motels, hotels that were available during fall foliage season were so inflated we were so fortunate to find this unusually great motel 6 that also excepts pets. Still in view of the mtns. We paid less that $65.00 for 2 people and our pet. Very different than the motel 6,s I remembered in the 70,s.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Oklan95

Thank you for your recent review of our property and for the positive comments made. It was our pleasure to serve you. Your comments are a great encouragement to me and my staff. Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to respond about your stay with us, we greatly appreciate it! I hope we get the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

This is the nicest Motel 6 I have ever stayed at....and trust me I have stayed in many hotels the last 2 yrs with my husbands job.After arriving at Pigeon Forge Saturday night and checking rates from there to Gatlingburg ended up in Family In Pigeon Forge 102.00 with tax!!!! and what a dump its old it stinks there were dead water bugs everywhere and the tub did not drain.Next morning drove around looking at sites ended up accidentally finding this Motel 6(Thank goodnees)! its only about 25 minuets from downtown Gatlingburg by way of FootHills Parkway which is a beautiful drive. So for a total of 55.00 I had a nice clean room with a soft bed and good pillow which is not common for motel 6 the area is great too and the property is safe and clean not a dump by any means. Saved money and did more fun things in Gatlinburg.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Shelby E
M6mgmt, General Manager at Motel 6 Newport, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

Thank you so much for your positive comments on your recent stay with us. As always we truly appreciate the feedback we receive from our guests. Also thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to give us your feedback. Thank you for choosing Motel 6 in Newport and I hope we get the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed July 21, 2012

Words can't express how filthy this place is. It was our first stay at a motel 6 and will certainly be our last. I could write pages on the filth of the rooms, but the stained carpets, moldy shower curtains, and stench that cannot be described were the highlights. The towels were so nasty we could not use them. Upon leaving my family all agreed we would prefer to sleep in our car than a motel 6 again. This place should BR condemned. Avoid this place at all costs.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank EdK100
Reviewed July 1, 2012 via mobile

Clean and quite. Way better then a usual motel 6. Good loccation. Discount for restirant knext door.

• Stayed: August 2011
Management response:Responded July 3, 2012

Thank you so much for your positive comments on your recent stay with us. Its always rewarding for us to hear such comments as its folks like you that make it a pleasure to be in the hospitality industry. We hope to see you again at Motel 6 in Newport and we will leave the light on for you!

Reviewed June 15, 2012 via mobile

We needed a hotel just to stop and sleep on our way to Myrtle Beach. Our first choice was Best Western but they were full (they serve full breakfast). Our 2nd choice was Motel 6. Our room wasn't huge but had two beds for my wife and i and two small kids. Plenty of room for luggage. Very clean. No complaints about anything. Paid $48.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Redhawks94
M6mgmt, General Manager at Motel 6 Newport, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2012

Thank you for your positive comments on your recent stay with us, it was our pleasure to serve you and your family. Its always encouraging to us to receive comments such as yours and I really appreciate you taking the time to do so. I truly do hope that we get the opportunity to serve you and your family again in the future. Thank you for choosing Motel 6 Newport!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Newport
Comfort Inn Newport
Best Western Newport Inn
EconoLodge
EconoLodge
#1 of 1 in White Pine

Been to Motel 6 Newport? Share your experiences!