“Clean, comfy, great value.”
Review of Motel 6 Newport

Motel 6 Newport
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Newport
Reviewed June 15, 2012 via mobile

We needed a hotel just to stop and sleep on our way to Myrtle Beach. Our first choice was Best Western but they were full (they serve full breakfast). Our 2nd choice was Motel 6. Our room wasn't huge but had two beds for my wife and i and two small kids. Plenty of room for luggage. Very clean. No complaints about anything. Paid $48.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Redhawks94
M6mgmt, General Manager at Motel 6 Newport, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2012

Thank you for your positive comments on your recent stay with us, it was our pleasure to serve you and your family. Its always encouraging to us to receive comments such as yours and I really appreciate you taking the time to do so. I truly do hope that we get the opportunity to serve you and your family again in the future. Thank you for choosing Motel 6 Newport!

There are newer reviews for Motel 6 Newport

Reviewed June 11, 2012

Returning from South Carolina, we were looking for a late night hotel. Stopped at Best Western across the interstate which had an advertised cheap rate. Met by a nasty desk clerk, whose best rate was $89, take it or leave it. Worst experience I have EVER had at Best Western. Decided to try Motel 6 on other side of the interstate. Tom at the desk was more than willing to accept $49 rate for family of four. Big difference an interstate makes. One side Mr. Nasty, this side Nicest Guy you could ever meet. Tom let me know the pool closed at 11:00 so we still had an hour if we wanted to swim. I used to stay at Motel 8 years ago when it literaly was $8 and you fed the TV quarters. My first experience with Motel 6. VERY pleased. Room not much, two twin beds, very clean, very sparse, but VERY functional. Desk, counter, hanging rack, and TV stand all in one. Two side chairs. Not any "extra" room, but all we needed was a place to sleep. No frills, no free shampoo, conditioner, lotion but who needs another bottle of those? Vending machione offered for $1.10 each if you just want more. Bath/shower a little funky set in the corner of the bathroom. Could use a goose neck to make it more functional, but it got me wet, and that was all I needed for a shower. No "free" continental breakfast, but for the cost difference between Motel 6 and Best Western, we enjoyed breakfast at Cracker Barrel next door to the worst Best Western ... My Thanks to Tom and Motel 6 for providing what we needed, a welcome and inexpensive place to rest.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank shawclan
M6mgmt, General Manager at Motel 6 Newport, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2012

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay with us. Its always a pleasure for us to hear positive feedback from our guests. I'm glad that you gave us a chance and I truly hope we get another chance to serve you again in the future, as the pleasure was all ours. Thank you again for choosing Motel 6 Newport.

Reviewed June 10, 2012

Wanted a reasonable place to stay and was pleasantly surprised! Room was small but very clean. Wifi worked perfectly. Walk in AAA rated was better than online rate. Pool was nice. Got in hot tub. Tub was not quite hot enough but ok and had WAY too much chemicals in it. About needed a snorkel LOL. But at least I knew it was clean! Steak house across parking lot was good and service was good. They made a great margarita!

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Knoland
M6mgmt, General Manager at Motel 6 Newport, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback on your recent stay with us. Also we really appreciate the positive feeback as its always nice to hear, however let me apologize for the hot tub concerning temperature and chemicals, I will have this checked immediately. Thank you again for your comments and I hope we get the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed May 20, 2012

If you want a bed and a clean room, you got it. The room is VERY small. Bathroom i actually quite big, though the shower is really awkward. Its a triangle shape. Comforter is made just for Motel 6, and is really fun! 27 inch TV with plenty of channels (they even had SPEED Channel!!!). Internet was VERY good. Bed was comfy, water was hot and the shower pressure was very strong. I used the outdoor jacuzzi but someone had filled it up too much, so when you turned the jets on, it overflowed. I didnt go in the pool. The room has no alarm clock, no tissues, and no shampoo. Bed and pillows were comfy. One of the maids was closing doors very loudly on my floor which woke me up. I did see a few of them and all were very nice AND spoke English! I did get a call at 11:57 asking if I planned to check out (nothing rude or anything). Hotel seems newer and is the nicest Motel 6 ive ever seen or stayed at. Its right off the highway but i never heard the highway from my room (and I was facing the highway). Plenty of food around + Wal-Mart and such. For $35, I couldnt beat it.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank DaysofThundr46
M6mgmt, General Manager at Motel 6 Newport, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2012

Thank you so much for your recent comments concerning your stay with us in Newport, Tennessee. We always enjoy getting positive comments from our guests and we're so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you again for taking the time to comment on your stay and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed May 2, 2012

We travel with two small dogs. Nice place to stay when traveling with pets and no extra fees. Large pet walk area. Little heavy on the air freshner but the room was clean. We stayed two nights. Great front desk staff. No coffee pot in the room but fresh coffee is available in the lobby every morning. Close to restaurants.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Sassea2u
M6mgmt, General Manager at Motel 6 Newport, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2012

Thank you so much for your comments about your recent stay with us. Its always a pleasure to receive positive comments from our guests. I hope we get the opportunity again to serve you and your pets in the future.

Reviewed March 27, 2012

I had a great expierence in Newport. The room was very clean and the employees were helpful and courteous.The price is great. I was traveling with a pet and I was thankful to avoid high pet fees. Will definitely stay here again the next time Im enroute to the Smokey Mountains!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Ljohnson19781
M6mgmt, General Manager at Motel 6 Newport, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2012

Thank you so much for the wonderful comments concerning your recent stay with us as its always nice to hear positive feedback from our guests. I hope we get the opportunity again in the future to serve you, as its always a pleasure for us!

Reviewed January 26, 2012

What a great little find. We stopped here on our way to Hilton Head Island - all 18 of us (5 families). The staff were exceptional and very accommodating with keeping us all close together. Very reasonable and clean. Would stay there again!!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank LoveMyThree3
M6mgmt, General Manager at Motel 6 Newport, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2012

We greatly appreciate the kind words and I'm so glad that your stay with us was a great one! Its guests like you that makes it a pleasure to come to work each day. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve your hospitality needs!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Newport
Comfort Inn Newport
Best Western Newport Inn
EconoLodge
EconoLodge
#1 of 1 in White Pine

Been to Motel 6 Newport? Share your experiences!