“Good night good deal”
Review of Motel 6 Newport

Motel 6 Newport
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Newport
Reviewed January 19, 2012

This Motel 6 has free wifi!!! Clean rooms and hallways, though my hall smelled of smoke, the room did not. Heard a dog bark once, but had been offered no pet floor (3rd). Can't beat the price ! Gentleman at desk was courteous, offered a no pet floor, and choice of locations. Handled a sudden gaggle of people efficiently. I'd stay there agin, absolutely.

Room Tip: If you don't mind 3rd floor, it's pet free--no barking in the night.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank GoDWB
M6mgmt, General Manager at Motel 6 Newport, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2012

Thank you so much for your recent comments about our property! Its always a pleasure when we receive positive feedback, as it serves as a reminder why we're here, and thats the satisfaction of our guests. Thank you again for choosing Motel 6 in Newport!

Reviewed November 14, 2011

I stopped here to spend the night because I did not want to drive through the mountains in the dark. The rate was absolutely agreeable, and probably the least expensive, yet newest motel, at this highway exit. The room was certainly clean. The lady at the front desk was very courteous. Having never spent the night in a Motel 6, I was not sure what to expect. I liked the fitted sheet on the mattress. The TV was of decent quality. The mattress was firm and the pillows were very fluffy and full.

The only thing I was disappointed with was that my room was on the back of the building, and the motel sits so close to I-40 East that I could hear the tire noise from the 18-wheel trucks go by all night long even though I had used ear plugs to help reduce the noise. I would suggest asking for a room in the front of the building (facing the nursing home/Burger King).

Room Tip: Rooms in the back of the building face I-40 East, and you may hear freeway traffic.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
M6mgmt, General Manager at Motel 6 Newport, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2011

Thank you for your recent comments and the positive feedback on your stay with us. I'm sorry about the road noise, hopefully on your next stay we will make sure you are on the side away from the interstate, but thank you for letting us know. I hope to be serving you again in the future.

Reviewed November 4, 2011

I went with a friend to watch the fall colors in the Great Smokies, and booked this Motel 6 online. Nicely located, Attractive exterior, much more like a much more expensive hotel; pleasant, welcoming staff. A real furnace with a thermostat (not one of the under-window units), roomy and attractive bathroom (with a wheelchair-accessible door). Clean, comfy. Free wi-fi that actually worked well. Real coffee cups (not the dwarf ones this chain usually provides) with lids! Bottom line, the nicest Motel 6 I have been in, and I've been in a bunch. My friend had the same opinion, and she has used this chain all across the country. I would be happy to go there again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank plantlover42
M6mgmt, General Manager at Motel 6 Newport, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2011

Thank you so much for the positive feedback of your recent stay with us. Its always a pleasure to receive such feedback and to know that you were pleased with your stay, as that's always our goal with every guest. I hope we get the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed October 19, 2011

Over this past weekend (Oct 13-16) I was down in Tenn to visit my alma mater and visit with some friends. I picked this Motel 6 because it had easy access from the freeway, and was centrally located to all the places I would be driving over the weekend. Welllllll let me tell you I have stayed in a number of motels and other Motel 6's over my time traveling, and have not had 1 that could match the wonderful stay this Motel 6 offered me. From the start the staff was incredible, they worked with me on a late arrival, they worked with me on my friend getting a key when he arrived even though I was going to be out on the road and were great when we needed something. The room itself couldn't have been nicer. The bed was hard and while I know some don't like that, I love it and got some of the best sleep I have gotten in a while. The sheets were clean and they actually used bottom sheets on the mattress. The bathroom was huge. The motel is located right next to Interstate 40 but you heard nothing of the road traffic at all. The entire motel was clean and looked fairly new. The pillows were awsome, in fact each bed had 2 but I only need to use 1. Full choices of TV channels including HBO. My only 1 small complaint was they did not provide those small bottles of shampoo that some other places do. But that was of little concern as given the rate I paid and it was packed that weekend in nearby Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge, the Newport Motel 6 staff and motel was an incredible stay and a place I will look at staying at again on future trips to the Smokies.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank indy4192
M6mgmt, General Manager at Motel 6 Newport, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2011

Thank you so much for the wonderful comments about your recent stay with us. I'm really glad that you enjoyed your stay, as thats our ultimate goal and it encourages us when our guests take the time to give us positive feedback. I hope to be serving you again in the future, as the pleasure is always ours. Thank you for choosing Motel 6 in Newport.

Reviewed October 17, 2011

This Motel 6 is a very clean and satisfying place to stay for the amount the nightly rate is. It is very close to several restaurants, shopping and to the Smoky Mountains. One side of the motel has the mountain view, but it also faces I40, and the noise is not very loud either. The property is well maintained and clean and the housekeeping staff does an excellent job in cleaning the rooms. But stay on the third floor to avoid smoking rooms and rooms that have had pets in them. Each time I am in this area I stay here.

Room Tip: Choose a third floor room if you have any allergies to smoke or pets.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
M6mgmt, General Manager at Motel 6 Newport, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2011

Thank you so much for your compliment and comments about your recent stay. As always we appreciate the feedback from our guests. It was a pleasure to serve you and we hope to again have the privilege of serving your hospitality needs.

Reviewed September 7, 2011

Rooms were clean, bathroom laid out nicely. Bed was firm but comfortable. Staff was friendly and efficient. Rate was great for a non-smoking queen bed. Only "complaints" would be the only ice machince is on the first floor, and the rooms do not have coffee makers. Not a huge deal, especially considering the rack rate. It was far more important to me to be able to check in quickly and have a clean, comfortable room, and the Motel 6 knocked it out of the park!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
M6mgmt, General Manager at Motel 6 Newport, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2011

Thank you for your comments, as its always nice to receive positive feedback from our guests. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope you will return in the future. I look foward to serving you again!

Reviewed September 2, 2011

I don't think I've ever stayed at a Motel 6 before but we decided to stay based on the review here. This is a basic hotel but just fine for travelling. Rooms are small but clean. Beds are good. We had a problem with the TV so they offered to move us but we declined.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
M6mgmt, General Manager at Motel 6 Newport, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2011

On behalf of Motel 6 in Newport, TN. I want to thank you for taking the time to give feedback on your recent stay. I'm glad that we were able to meet your needs, however I'm sorry for the problem with your television, but thank you for letting us know so we can take care of that. I hope that we will be able to serve you in the future. Thank you again for choosing Motel 6.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Newport
Comfort Inn Newport
Hampton Inn Newport
Hampton Inn Newport
#4 of 10 in Newport
Best Western Plus Morristown Conference Center Hotel

Been to Motel 6 Newport? Share your experiences!