“So Glad We Took A Chance”
Review of Grill 73

Grill 73
Ranked #1 of 63 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: American, Russian
Description: American - Russian Cuisine Eat In or Carry Out Tuesday - Saturday: 11 am - 8 pm Sunday: 11 am - 3 pm Do you have a dinner to plan and nowhere to go? Do you need a place to go for a family outing? Need a place for a private dinner? Planning to host or throw a party? Or do you not ever have enough time to prepare for a party or event? Call Val for reservations or to schedule a catered meal.
Alpharetta, Georgia
“So Glad We Took A Chance”
Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I visited Grill 73 while in the area celebrating our anniversary. I'm a huge TripAdvisor junkie and when I saw the reviews it peaked my interest. I must admit driving up to the restaurant was a bit of a shocker. We kind of looked at each other and didn't know if we should take a chance or run for the hills. I'm so glad we took a chance. The owner was very pleasant and the food is delicious. Don't let the outside or location of this place prevent you from partaking in the good food that's served on the inside. You will not be disappointed.

1 Thank veneciafoster

Columbia, MO
“Who woulda' thought?”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Eschewing the usual, predictable roadside fare, my fellow traveler and I sallied forth from the interstate strips and lighted upon this unique place, an establishment that serves Russian fare along the banks of Tennessee's Pigeon River. Although by no means swank, for the culinary adventurer, there are rewards to be had. We ordered the two specials of the day, a pork shish-kabob and a plateful of stuffed green peppers. Portions were more than ample--there must have been close to a pound of succulent pork chunks skewered, awash in spicy marinade. Stuffed peppers (4!) were well-seasoned and delicious. We started with piroches, trying the cabbage as well as the potato numbers. Tasty. We can't speak for the American side of the menu, but why drive off the interstate for a hamburger? Still, I feel that Valentina, the owner/cook/server would knock out a fine burger if it were ordered.

Seneca, South Carolina
“Great food, nice people”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

First, the picture on the website is old. The porch has been enclosed. Second, there are picnic tables next to the river, but they are across the road. We almost missed it because of our expectations; which would have been a shame. The food was very good and made to order, so we had a little wait. They really need a waitress, but, at their prices it might not be practical. For this quality of food, I'm willing to wait. I had the borsch and my wife had the cabbage rolls. Both were excellent. Pictures are on the wall of the owner redoing the old gas station into a restaurant. The rock and wood walls and wooden tables make it very rustic. We enjoyed the time we spent there and will be back.

Laurens, South Carolina
“Russian/American Delightful Menu”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

This unique restaurant is worth the drive in the countryside.
We skilled the American fare and were fascinated with the Russian selections. We actually ordered one of everything and the three of us shared them all! The food is cooked as you order it so be prepared to wait just a little bit while your meal is being cooked. It's well worth the little wait, though. It is on our list of great places to eat. We've locked it into our GPS!

Visited June 2013
“Good food!!”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Good burger and fries! The service was fast and friendly. Thus is a repeater for us! Small place with few tables, the sounds was low, place was very clean.

• Visited July 2013

Been to Grill 73? Share your experiences!