“Find another hotel in the area”

Oak Tree Inn Nashville Airport
Ranked #107 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
Johnson City, Tennessee
“Find another hotel in the area”
Reviewed April 17, 2010

When I reserved this hotel with my family, I reserved a (prepaid) room with two queen beds and some other amentities. When I arrived, my room had only one double bed and hardly any of the listed amentities. When I complained about the room, the front desk said there was nothing they could do. They would not refund my money so that I could go to another hotel for the night. I ended up sleeping on the floor for the night with my family slept in the double bed. I have stayed at my first and last Super 8 hotel. If it were convenience to the airport alone, then I might suggest this hotel. But there are others in the area that are closer. As far as satisfaction, service, and getting what you reserved, you should pan on another hotel. I will never stay at this hotel again. I have photos of the room tha I got for comparing to the what the reservations stated (in case anyone doubts this terrible experience). If you are smart, you will find another hotel

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Florida
Reviewed December 9, 2009

Booked through Hotels.com for handicap accessible room 12/ 1 & 2/ 2009. I have stayed here numerous times in 2009, most recently 11/23/09. Upon arrival 12/1/09 I was refused access to the only remaining (they have only 2 handicap rooms) room--129. I was refused access to ANY room and told to go elsewhere based upon my pysical disability, (along with morbid obesity, and ethnic origin: Native American-White). The owner has refused my attempts to contact him and I was humiliated, embarrassed and treated as a non-entitiy on 12/1/09 by his on-site managing partner and his director of sales. At present I am filing a formal complaint with the U.S. Dept. of Justice as it was OBVIOUS the hotel did not rent to me based upon my physical limitations due to the lesser price that was secured through Hotels.com (and had been paid for in full on 11/23/09!). Instead, the management there humilated me in front of other guests in the lobby, forced me to wait nearly half an hour while Hotels.com attempted to work on my behalf--to no avail, and the matter of my size and skin color, while not a disability, was a consideration in their refusal to rent to me. AS A DISABLED TRAVELER, I WOULD AVOID THIS HOTEL AT ALL COSTS! If you have any physical limitations, DO NOT attempt to book at this hotel. You will be humiliated and made to feel as a complete non-entity by management and the owner--who had adamantly REFUSED to consult with me regarding this serious infraction of the Civil Rights Laws governing Title III of the ADA!!!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank Travelqueen121
Chicago IL
Reviewed May 8, 2009

The pool and fitness center close at 'dusk'. The wi-fi doesn't work. The TV only has 12 channels. My non-smoking room reeks of cigarette smoke. The staff are rude at best. What a horrid hotel.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
Arkansas
Reviewed April 27, 2009

The hotel itself was not bad. It was smoke free and although small, the rooms were clean and comfortable. The problem with this hotel is the service staff. I was sitting in the lobby watching the front desk attendant answer the phone and roll her eyes at every potential customer that was on the other end of the line. She was rude to nearly every person that came in the door or approached her sacred desk area.

When I got home I discovered that they double charged me for my room. I first tried to call the hotel and was told that “we only show you were charged once”. They asked me to “fax them my credit card statement”. Yeah right! I’m just thankful I’ve got a good cc company that will handle this issue for me. Just beware.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Huntingburg, Indiana
Reviewed January 11, 2009

This was one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in. The staff was rude, crude and just plain grumpy. I reserved a room online through Super 8's website that had a micro/fridge in it. When I checked in, they said one wasn't available, even though that's why I reserved this hotel! They refused to honor what they said I got on their website. The "hot" breakfast description online included biscuits, gravy, sausage and eggs and more, but it was nothing more than dry, nasty eggs, horrible biscuits and waffles. No meat, no gravy, not even butter or jelly to go with the dry, nasty biscuits! Not at all what I was expecting to get from how they describe themselves on their own website.

Furthermore, the bed was uncomfortable, though the room was clean and freshly painted. The "free" WiFi that they advertise on their website supposedly now costs 12 bucks a day and they don't bother to tell you that until you've already used it! Furthermore, the shower got lukewarm at the best and never reached anywhere near the level of heat that makes one comfortable. This hotel is mediocre at best and I only give it that because it is clean. It's not comfortable. The people are rude. They lie to your face in what they tell you. The ice machines were also broken and they could care less about fixing them. The hot tub was also broken, so that was a waste of money to go here. Only stay here if you have to. There are plenty of hotels across the street that are probably much better for you. Our room was only 50 bucks and I could have stayed at the Red Roof Inn across the street for 55 bucks and probably gotten better service!

• Liked — I didn't pay an arm and a leg for it!
  • Disliked — Rude staff who lied to us all the time!
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
USA
Reviewed October 26, 2008

Hotel clerk that checked us in was polite and quick but after that
is was all "down hill". After entering room decided to use the bathroom and almost fell in floor from water leaking from the seal at the bottom of the toilet. Called the clerk and he said he would call us right back. He didn't bother! So we went to the desk with all our luggage and asked for another room. Same problem in new room so we returned to the desk and ask for the third room but not from the clerk that checked us in and this one didn't want to give us the time of day. This room was better but nothing to right home about. Comfortable bed....but bathroom door wouldn't shut and breakfast was below average. They need to renovate and fix maintenance problems. There are other hotels in the vicinity that are clean and respectable for the same price.

• Liked — Check in clerk
  • Disliked — Most everything
  • Stayed October 2008
Tennessee
Reviewed July 15, 2008

No locks on doors ... air conditioning does not work ... very old and needs remodeling ... "non-smoking" hotel but, several people were walking around smoking ... dishonest staff and not very helpful. Absolutely terrible! I would not stay there if someone paid me! Don't waste your time or money!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)