“Gator Duals” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #107 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
Mechanicsburg
“Gator Duals”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

Very accommodating as we just stopped in with no reservation. We stopped at a different chain requesting a room. We were not treated very nicely and were almost scolded for not making a reservation.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Wheaton, Illinois, Usa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

This hotel was average. We came from the east, and arrived at Nashville in the middle of the night. Because we'd had car trouble earlier, we hadn't known for sure where would spend the night. We were on day 18 of a 20 day cross-country camping trip, and were thankful to spend the night without setting up camp. We appreciated the complimentary breakfast and shuttle to the airport as hubby had a last minute flight to catch. The kids were excited about the pool, but it was a little chilly and the hot tub wasn't in service. The staff were polite. Overall, it was safe and decently comfortable.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank AMJ0hns0n
Rutledge, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

I stayed here for one night on a business trip in Nashville. It was my first time in town and I was traveling alone. I read lots of hotel reviews before choosing this one. I was mainly looking for a safe place in a decent part of town. It felt very secure. My room was very clean and fresh smelling.
I heard a few planes but it wasn't too loud a d being at the airport, I was expecting more noise. Overall a good experience. I would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank lorijoanna77
Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

I booked this room on Priceline, and when the hotel came up and I read some reviews, I was concerned, but it was definitely well worth the price I got. I was a little disappointed that after I booked the room, I called to make sure we had two beds, and that ended up being an extra $10 per night. The room was clean and the staff were all very friendly.

My only other complaints are pretty minor.

Breakfast is 6-9, and it would be nice if it went at least until 10.
The setup of the room made showers and such awkward since we were traveling with our 17 year old son. The room with the toilet and tub/shower was very small, and too hot to get dressed in after showering. So my son either had to close his eyes or leave the room in order for me to get dressed.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

We spent 2 nights at this hotel. It was very popular both nights, attesting to the lower price than the surrounding, more upscale hotels. It appears to be a much older hotel that has been completely remodeled and updated. We did not have many issues with anything. The rooms were as we expected for the price. They were pretty clean and restocked daily. The beds were very hard.

Breakfast is a feast if you are used to continental: make-yourself waffles, scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy (no meat) which were terrific and kept hot, packaged muffins, cinnamon rolls, oatmeal packets, cold cereals, fresh fruit, yogurts on Sunday, juices, hot chocolate, and coffee. It was all well stocked the whole morning.

They are very dog friendly (for $10/pet/night) and have a huge green area right off the parking lot to walk dogs. The low point was the indoor pool and hot tub area. We found it dirtier than we were comfortable with, especially the hot tub which was dirty and as cold as the pool. Maybe they keep them up better when the weather is not quite as freezing (in the 20's at night) but we were looking forward to a refreshing swim and hot soak and were disappointed. They also have a tiny workout room that we were not thrilled with.

As far a location, many restaurants and gas stations are right off the property as well as easy highway access. It was about 15 - 20 min from downtown, as Nashville is not that big a city. And being so close to the airport, we expected to hear some air traffic noise. There was none from inside the building.

If you stay at upscale hotels that cost over $100/night, don't stay here. If you like a fairly clean, updated place with a great breakfast and price in the $80 range, it is a solid choice you won't regret.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family