“Good for the Money, Great Staff”

Oak Tree Inn Nashville Airport
Ranked #106 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
Salt Lake City
“Good for the Money, Great Staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2008

For the money - you can't beat it. It was everything we needed and even a few extras. For a $75/night hotel we were really surprised by both the staff and amenities. There are several airport hotels in the same area as this one, but none that offered everything we needed AND a 24 hour shuttle except this one. We parked our vehicle at the hotel for less than half than it would have cost at the airport, and they provided a free shuttle to the airport the next morning. The girl that drove the shuttle talked on her phone the entire way to the airport in broken english, but it was a very short drive and she was nice enough i suppose.

Despite reading some of the other reviews on this site, we found the hotel to have just finished what appeared to be a remodel job. The rooms were all brand new as well as the lobby and indoor pool. In our room was a high-back office chair and large workdesk, right beside a refrigerator and microwave. When we checked in we were given an access card for the free wi-fi, which was plenty fast. Beds were comfortable, and both had what looked like a brand new bedspread, I think they just change the color scheme in the room and got everything new to match. There were even hardwood floors in the entryway to the room - something I've not seen at another super8 before.

Even though we were late arriving the indoor pool was still open, and it was heated which was perfect since it was about 45 outside. There was an exercise room beside the pool, but the machine I wanted to use was out of service (Treadmill) but when I told the front desk about it, they said someone would fix it tomorrow.

Our shuttle was on time, and the gentleman at the front desk even printed out our boarding passes for us before we left. The same gentleman, I believe his name was Jason, even recommended a great BBQ restaurant just down the street that was still open for dinner the night before we flew out. Everyone on the staff was friendly and even helped when we had forgotten to pack a few things and gave them to us for free.

For $75 a night, I expected a standard small room with a bed to sleep in and that was it... but we got a large room, comfy chair and desk, huge TV, free wireless Wi-Fi, fridge/microwave, a shuttle to the airport, and personal recommendations from staff that actually helped. I could have easily spent twice this much at the hilton or radisson across the street and gotten less service. From reading the other reviews it appears they have gotten their act together and hired staff that care, and fixed the place up better than any other super8 I've stayed at before. For the money, this is probably your best bet for a stay near the airport. Oh, and they had breakfast in the morning, but we were leaving just as it was being put out, so we didn't get to try that but from what i seen there were some hot items and it was included for free, too.

Stayed April 2008
1 Thank LeahBug

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
St Charles Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2008

We checked in on Thursday. Once in our room, discovered that the water was not working. We were moved to another room. 1am, someone knocks on the door and pulls us out into the hall. It is the front desk questioning us why we are in that room. We never received an apology or anything. The following day our room keys did not work. Friday night we heard kids playing with 2 x 4's that were there from the renovation going on, in the parking lot. We called the front desk, they shoed them off to the grass where they were playing around our vehicles. Saturday, our room keys did not work again. There was this nasty, blood looking stuff on the wall by the trash can. It was there the whole time. The pool area was extremely loud, we could hear the kids in it, in our car, in the parking lot. Not exactly clean, dim lights in the bathroom, you can't hardly see. Sunday, we picked up about 20 nails from the parking lot. We told the front desk, but they did nothing.
We complained. We were told lies about when management was going to be there, we were insulted, all the time we are maintaining our manners. We have filed a complaint with the BBB. I would recommend to NOT use a credit card. They have charged our card twice now. There are nicer, cheaper hotels across the street. We would have left, but nothing really came to head until we checked out.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
Davenport, IA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2008

Hotel was under renovation when we got there, so the pool was closed and some parts (e.g. stairs, some rooms) were stripped bare and were unsightly. Room was dusty. Breakfast area was small. Advertised waffles were not there!

• Liked — location - near to highway and airport
  • Disliked — needs some freshening up, looks tired
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with friends
Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2007

Nashville/Music City Airport Super 8
While certainly not expecting the Ritz-Carlton, I can truely say that our single night's stay here was the worst motel experience in 31 years of travel. The motel's coridors had many cigarette butts. Our room's front door was missing the chain latch, and had grime on the interior that was easily visible. The carpet had a hole and a stain by the bathroom. The bathtub caulking was moldy. The sink and tub were not clean, but had a dull and dirty appearance. The tv remote was missing its battery cover and was non-functional. To add to the experience, at 12:30 a.m. we awakened to find that the neighboring room's cigarette smoke was coming thru the communicating door into our non-smoking room. A call to the front desk provided little help. The lobby had a chandelier with missing and burned out bulbs. All lobby windows looked dirty and/or smudged. The carpet up the curved stairway looked as if it had not been vacuumed in weeks. Good thing we were flying out the next day, because this was bad, bad, bad. We shall be contacting the franchise.

• Liked — Only the location
  • Disliked — everything else
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
Nashville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2007

A friend of mine and I were too tired to make the full drive home and decided to stop off at the super 8 motel. We expected it to be cheap and probably yucky, but we just needed it for a few hours of sleep. We were really surprised! The staff was great the hotel was very clean it needed a little updating but thats to be expected from a Super 8. The room was a smoking room and yes it did smell like smoke but the room was in great shape and very clean and all of the toiletries were there and the paper products were all folded and there were plenty of towels, the linens were clean and smelled nice. There was only 1 burn hole in the top cover but it was a smoking room. Check out was quick and painless. I would stay here again!

• Liked — It was clean!
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with friends
Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2007

I have stayed at this hotel several times because the price is good......however, each time (and I stay for a week about every month) that I have stayed, they have messed up my reservation, booking me several rooms (I travel alone) and losing my reservations. The most recent was during June when I was to have a room with two beds (I had a friend staying with me) for the week of June 4-12......The week of Fan Fair In Nashville. The hotel LOST my reservation, then said that they could give me a room with 1 bed, but at a much higher rate. Needless to say, I only stayed the nights that I was rooming alone. NOW, they have charged my Debit card for two more rooms for a night THREE nights AFTER I flew home. I am fighting them for the $142 charge on my account, but they are saying I had a reservation and was a No Show. Trust me,,,,,,,,,,I didnt have a reservation. I think they screwed up my ORIGINAL reservation and are now charging me for the wrong dates that they entered. Anyway, I have had nothing but problems with this hotel and their "reservation" system, and now that they have my card information, turns out they can charge my card and there is NOTHING I can do about it. Steer clear of this hotel, several of my friends have had problems with them too.
Another thing, each time I have been there, the pool has been closed, even though they say that it will be open when I get there, and staying as often as I do, you think it would have been open at least once.

• Liked — the price originally
  • Disliked — fraudulant
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
Belton, MO
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2006

We stayed at this Super 8 overnight before leaving for another destination. I was very concerned after reading the reviews, but we didn't have any problems. The rooms were sort of small, and the hallways smelled a little smoky, but other than that, it seemed like a typical Super 8.

• Liked — Price, closeness to airport.
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple