“Class reunion”

Ranked #106 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
NEWCASTLE
“Class reunion”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

Shuttle service to and from airport was excellent. Motel appears to be rather old. Small repairs were taking place while I was there. For the bargain rate, it was a good deal. I was on the first floor and you could hear the people walk in the room above mine. I did not hear any airplanes.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
CHICAGO
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

I stayed the night to be taken to the airport in the morning very nice and clean hotel. But noisy. I stayed on the 2nd floor and there was alot of commotion

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Houston, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

I stayed here from 9/23-9/29. The whole time I was there the ice machines didn't work. On both floors. I even asked front desk if they had any ice in their kitchen and was told no. Yet the next morning there was yogurt sitting in a bowl of ice?!?! They claim there is no smoking in the hotels and if they find that you are, you're fined $150. I smelled as if everybody was smoking in there room. Very strong stale cigarette smell in hallways. The breakfast was ok but really...how many times can you eat biscuits and gravy!

Room Tip: You get what you pay for. Plain & Simple
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
super8nashvilletn, Webmaster at Oak Tree Inn Nashville Airport, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
Esteemed Guest,

Thank you for staying with us during your last visit to our area.

We also appreciate your review and observations which shall really help us to improve further.

We apologize for whatever inconvenience caused to you during your stay.

We have investigated your remark about the ice machines and made arrangements that it does not happen again.

We also have taken steps to ensure that our guests get the best services and hospitality during their stay.

We invite you once again to choose our hotel again and feel the new experience of hospitality.

Hotel Manager.
s.w. mo
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

Met some friends in Nashville and stayed due to a negotiated group rate. I'm a HI-EX fan, and was not expecting much. In fact my wife and I got burned by a S-8 in another city some years ago and swore off them. But... this one was just fine. Smaller room and bath, but smaller price. Breakfast ok - nothing to brag about - but filling.

Room was clean and mattress was doable. I'd do it again if the price was right for a cheap stay.

Cirencester, England
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

For the money you get a decent room and hot breakfast. I liked the waffles, but no sausage aas in other Super 8s? It is only 10 minutes from Grand Ole Opry, and it has a inside pool. Local eating places seem to be just fast food. Location is good - next to I40 and close to the airport.

Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

I stayed here recently (9/2012) because my flight arrived late and I did not want to drive to my final destination that night. I thought that this place would be a quick and cheap stay without any hassle. The staff was quite rude and unresponsive late at night, and it took them forever to find my reservation and give me my room. I really thought that would be the last of my troubles. The room looked quite pleasant for the price, not aesthetic complaints. But the bed was covered with bed bugs! I woke up the next morning with bites all over my arms and legs. I tried to tell the staff as I was checking out, but they didn't seem to care one bit.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
1 Thank Mark Z
BnaSuper8, Front Office Manager at Oak Tree Inn Nashville Airport, responded to this review, September 23, 2012
Dear Mark,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay.
I would like to personally apologize for any inconvenience that was caused during your stay. We strive to provide flawless services and fantastic experiences; unfortunately we failed to do so that day. I would like to take this time to point out the bed bug issue. Our rooms are inspected by a certified exterminating company on a continuous basic, and the company does guarantee us with 100% service.
We are taking every action possible to investigate this problem, if you would so kindly email me your contact information and the dates you stayed at our property, I would be happy to personally contact you and discuss it with you further.
Thank you again, and we hope to be able serve you on your next stay in Nashville.

Sierra
Front Desk Supervisor
pat@bnasuper8.com
Mount Vernon, Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

We stayed here because we had points. I had to wait about 10 minutes for someone to show up at the front desk. When she did arrive she was very nice. The first room we were given was very hot, the air had been turned off. After about an hour we determinded that the air did not work right. They moved us to another room that was ice cold but had a funny smell. We were headed to the Opry so we decided not to complain any more.

The motel itself is not that bad, it looks like they are trying to upgrade the rooms.

The only complaint I have is during breakfast 3 house keeping employees came in and start taking over keeping the people that have rooms from getting in line.

We would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple