Comfort Inn Downtown Nashville-Vanderbilt
$229
$199
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewsmusic rowtin roofomelette stationminute walk to downtownroom was cleandowntown nashvillethird floorfridge and microwavefree breakfaststayed here for one nightbiscuits and gravycountry music hall of famehonky tonksbridgestone arenalive musicbroadwaycereal
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 29, 2014

We had a friend come to hang out, and within 5 minutes of him arriving, we advised him that he couldn't park in the parking lot due to the most STRICT parking rules ever. He went to move his car, and it was booted. Cost $50 to get the boots off. No exceptions. Room was small and dirty.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank nashokie
Mac K, Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown Nashville-Vanderbilt, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2014

Dear Guest,
Allow me to personally apologize for your incident regarding sharing a parking spot for one you’re friend as well as cleaning issues in your room.
I can assure you that the room was thoroughly cleaned and inspected before you checked in, but definitely I will follow up with housekeeping department, to have more precaution while cleaning as well as inspecting the room.
We recommend all our guests to have extra parking passes received, if they have any friends and visitors arriving to meet the hotel patrons. But due to stringent parking enforcement only, we will be able to save parking spots for our patrons, which otherwise would have taken away from outsiders.

I will convey your experience with the parking enforcement, so he is aware of the issue with the parking.
We hope you come back to visit and allow us to give you the royal treatment you deserve.

Best regards,

Mack Kharat
Comfort Inn Downtown,
Nashville-TN-37203.

Reviewed June 28, 2014

This place was AWESOME!! Best value you will find downtown. My friend and I walked downtown several times (it is only about a mile) and if you aren't into that the cab ride for the two of us was about $6. The hotel has FREE parking, a wonderful free breakfast and we really really enjoyed their pool. The staff is very friendly and took care of anything we needed throughout the week. I highly suggest this hotel!!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Sarah A
Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

The cleanest hotel I have stayed in. In along time very well maintained.The pool was great the staff was awesome beds r great would stay there again if I had to say one thing bad it would be that the bathroom was small. The breakfast was delicious they had a lot to choose from. If u want to see downtown this is the place to stay very nice and safe you can walk to the center of downtown in 10-15minutes take the golf cart tour the brochure is In the office it was awesome.It's close to opry land drive yourself if you can taxi ride is 25dollars each wAy

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed June 27, 2014

Rooms are small, bathroom is falling apart, but having a pool was nice. Location is in between the downtown scene and the college bar scene either walking distance or take the fun golf cart taxis. We didn't spend much time in our room and that was fine.

Room Tip: Don't stay in a room next to the stairs.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 27, 2014

The timing of the trip turned out to be unfortunate because due to construction (not for the hotel, but for the adjacent bldg(s)) the water had to be turned off until 5am the next morning. However, the hotel was as accommodating as they could be. The location turned out to be perfect for my meeting.

Parking spaces are tight. The building is set up like a motel - all rooms open to the exterior.

The room was very dated looking and a little dark, but it had what I usually look for in a room - free wi-fi, TV, and iron.

The breakfast was adequate, there was a waffle station (I did not have), muffins, breads, bagels, etc., fresh fruit, yogurt, hard-boiled eggs, cereal. There were sausage patties, some sort of scrambled egg patty(?) and biscuits with sausage gravy available. They had coffee, juices, water to drink.

Everyone was friendly.

I might look around for other available options the next time I'm in town, but I might end up there again based on location and price.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business