“Sleep but don't eat (or drink the water)” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Inn Downtown

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Comfort Inn Downtown
Ranked #84 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
Nashville
“Sleep but don't eat (or drink the water)”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

My sister and I stayed just one night and the room was clean, the beds comfy and the area quiter than expected. We woke later than intended so we decided to take advantage of the free, "hot" breakfast. The eggs were rubbery, the Orange Juice watered WAY down and the water cooler empty. When we asked for a new bottle be put in, the "hostess" took the empty to the sink and filled it with TAP WATER. We then noticed, hidden out of view, the Health Department Rating of an 81. Either up your standards, Comfort Inn Downtown, or cut the breakfast back to bagels and coffee so you can serve quality rather than quantity. No one wants to drink the Cumberland Punch (shame on you).

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
Malmo, Sweden
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2014

We were in town for one night only, and we found this a very nice place to spend the night. The location is perfect, they have free parking and it is close to downtown (less than 1 mile walking). Rooms are nice, with all you need, clean and nice. The breakfast was included, but I didn't like it, even if they had quite a big variety of food, the quality was sincerely quite bad, and there was not much fruit. I recommend it if you are spending a couple of nights at most.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

Woke up to take a shower and realized there was no hot water and also the shower head was covered in mold. When I went to the front desk he said his manager would be available in 30 minutes. 30 min later I go back to the front desk and another guy tells me there's nothing he can do and the mgr is on vacation. The mgr calls me later that day and when I tell him what had happened he tells me he can give me xt pts. I explain that we rarely vacation and don't need pts and would like some compensation for this stay. He states that because I didn't tell them about the problem till the time of check out (I didn't need the shower till that am!) he can't help me. We had to drive 5 hours home w/out having showered. I work in customer service and understand that things happen and this might have been an isolated incident, but the customer service I received from Mac Harat, the mgr, was awful. Literally made me feel like it was my fault for not letting them know at the time of check-in.

Room Tip: Pay the extra $20 to stay at a different hotel in this area
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank 33Heather44

Travelers are raving about these Nashville hotels

Surrey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with a girlfriend as we were there for cma fest. The staff was so rude and the rooms were disgusting. It's definately run by a family cause they had some sort of operation going on for dropping ppl off downtown.... Charging more then a cab would and pocketing the money and not giving a receipt. The room had cockroaches in it and the front staff did nothing for us and didnt care.... I would never stay there again and would recommend no one else does either..... It was highway robbery and I am completely disgusted with the service and room. I will never stay there again.... I hope higher up management catches them stealing ppls money at such a fun time of year and they get fired.... Never again!!!! Atrocious!

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Jennitals
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

When we travel, which we do a lot, we normally look for Comfort Inns/Suites or Holiday Inn. We also love to stay in the older historic hotels when opportunity allows.

We had accumulated a number of "points" with comfort inn and decided to cash them in. Little were we aware that "points" buys you the cheapest room in the house. You would think a nice room would encourage the traveler to continue seeking the brand motel. Unfortunately, After this stay, we will be looking for other lodges as destination points and pass on by comfort inns. What's the point of collect points to earn a stay in such a terrible room?

The room we had was so clustered with furniture it was hard to move about. The bathroom was a joke. You could not sit on the toilet without the paper jabbing you in the side.

The heater wouldn't cycle on and off so you had a constant wind blowing across the bed.

I might add that we made reservations in adequate time to have been provided a decent room.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank thed3
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2013 via mobile

The location is close to down town. The room so so cluttered with furniture, 2 beds, desk, tv cabinet and a large cabinet for hanging up clothes. The bathroom is something else, so small you can hardly fit on the toilet. We will never stay here again, I was very disappointed as I spent a large number of my points for this room. They are still renovating!!!!!

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2013

Location is what is attractive in this hotel. By the time I stay there , they were doing renovations. Hopefully it would look nice as I think. The motel style for the rooms is inconvenient for someone who wants to have a good night sleep, since there is a lot of noise from people walking by the halls and being close to bars and pubs.

• Stayed December 2013