“Nashville a Place to Stay awhile”

Comfort Inn Downtown
Ranked #84 of 159 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed December 6, 2013

Front manager was very accommodating and a former Canadian who made our stay very welcoming. Our room was large compared to some of the rooms we stayed in on our trip. We were welcomed from other guests staying at the hotel who were also from Ontario Canada. Breakfast was ok but nothing special. It was ok. Beds were comfortable. Needed an extra chair and they brought us one within 15 minutes. The overall atmosphere of the hotel was very inviting. Laundry facilities was good. Will definatley stay here again in the future. PS: great pool, fullsize

Room Tip: Most rooms are great with nice views of the city and river. Rooms in the back at present have to dea...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dannooyens

Reviewed December 3, 2013

Stayed here for 6 nights, was here for business meetings on music row everyday so was perfect location, 10 min walk. Few bars and restaurants right across street, reasonably priced.close to downtown 15 min easy walk.
helpful staff, I asked to move rooms after 1st night as they are building apartments right out back which started at 6am, was moved without question.
Breakfast ok, same thing everyday, was hot and enough to fill up on for the day ahead.
rooms were cleaned everyday and are spacious, good wifi.
Suited me for what I needed, a bed for the night and a base to work from.. back in february again and will def be staying.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank mfg75
Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

This was a perfect choice for us. We weren't expecting much, seeing as how it was only $100. I was so shocked that this room was comparable to ones for which we often pay well over $100. The lobby was very clean and bright. Service was excellent. The room was super-clean. There were lots of other guests, but noise was not an issue. The tub/toilet area is very small, but this was a non-issue for us. Fridge, microwave, closet, and plenty of light. Pillows and bed were perfect. This hotel is a bit of a hike from downtown/Broadway and I wouldn't recommend walking to/from at night. We were able to get a cab within a minute and the fare was about $6 for 2 ppl each way. There are a few restaurants/bars just across the street. Overall, an excellent choice and we will return.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Vegetarian13
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Rating this hotel a 3 star is strictly because it IS a motel, well used (as expected), and the walking distance to downtown was a little longer than expected.

Check in was great. The man at the front desk was very informative and polite and upgraded us to a bigger room because we had kids with us. Upon walking into the room I was pleasantly surprised! There was a room with a chair, couch and TV on the wall, then through that were the 2 queen sized beds and TV, then a large vanity area with microwave and fridge, and in the bathroom was a jaccuzi tub with another bath/shower combo. The room was very spacious.

It was about a 15-20 minute walk to downtown. But a nice walk.

Breakfast was basic, but no complaints. It was what I expected.

The rooms were worn, but that was to be expected in a downtown Nashville hotel. I was still very happy with my room.

The pool was open but we didn't use it because it was FREEEEEZING outside.

Wi-fi was IMPOSSIBLE to get. It only worked when the kids went to the lobby.

The ONLY other complaint I have is that I found the room rate to be incredibly high for a motel, in November, with a 20 minute walk to downtown. I later found out that there was a marathon and a couple of other things going on in town that would have brought the price up. We were just passing through on a drive back from down south. We paid $229 plus taxes and fees for what is essentially a motel.

However, I was happy with the hotel and location overall. And the service at the front desk was great.

I would stay here again, but more likely when there aren't other events going on in town to jack up the price. It was perfect for a 1 night stay, and would be perfect as a weekend place to sleep between hanging out downtown.

Room Tip: Room 111 was spacious.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Codester
Reviewed November 25, 2013

It's your basic Comfort Inn - good prices, average hotel. No complaints but nothing to rave about either. You won't be in the middle of all the Nashville fun, but the walk isn't very far at all - about 15 minutes. There are restaurants and bars right outside the hotel as well.

The pool area was just ok. There aren't many chairs and half of them are broken to some degree. But it was nice to sit out there for a little while at least.

Again - its just a basic hotel (in a good way) so not much else to say! I would stay again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Diana B
Mac K, Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

I greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us. Thank you so much for your kind words regarding your stay. I have noted your feedback and will work on that. Once again thank you so much for staying with us. Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

To make this clear: the Comfort Inn Downtown is not a high class luxury hotel - and that's perfectly ok with me. The location is ok - and the 15 minute walking distance downtown is in most situations just what you need. The room I had was big and clean and the hotel offers free wifi. All in all it's a ok place to stay to a nice price!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank baardos

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us on trip advisor. I am very glad to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. I just want to let you know that we are the cheapest hotel in Downtown with free breakfast, free wi-fi and free parking. Once again thank you for your feedback and staying with us. Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

11/20/13
PROS:
Didn’t use the tub/shower so don’t know about water pressure. But tub & toilet super clean!
Comfortable bed, & it had box springs rather than just a box as a foundation.
Plenty of towels, etc. but were rough – could use some water softener when washed so they will soften up.
Taza’s restaurant delivers meals (they have steaks, etc. & you don’t have to just order pizza or Italian. You do have a choice). The delivery fee is only $1.
AMENITIES:
No closet but there’s a wardrobe. In the wardrobe was ironing board, iron & a safe. Refrigerator cracked but it did look like it would cause a problem (was cold inside) it was very clean, but I didn’t use. Small microwave & was very clean. Hair dryer (didn’t use), phone, wide screen TV – worked great. coffee in room, soap, shampoo, moisturizer. Nice high back chair (only 1 chair in room as there’s no more room for a second chair).
CONS:
Bathroom flooring looks relatively new, but I spilt water on the floor & used a towel to sop it up & the towel ended up being dirty (glad I wasn’t barefoot);
Rugs thread-bare, old & looked dirty, but I notice outside a few roles of carpet so I assume they just hadn’t gotten to this room yet (room 253).
Had room with 2 beds (only needed one). One bed had ripped sheet.
Front door didn’t always close you had to manually push/pull it closed. But the day I was packing to leave it decided to close completely & my then key decided to quit working. Had to get a new key at the front desk.
Bottom of bathroom door looks like it sat in water for a long time & frame & door needs painting.
Behind toilet paper it’s deep where they can put another roll there. It was dirty & had crumbled plaster in there (I cleaned it).
Very, very, slow draining sink.
MISC.:
Could use an overhead light, but that’s not a big deal, plenty of lighting in dressing area.
In the morning, while I was putting my items in my car, my key decided it didn’t want to work anymore. Did get another key, but he told me to come to the front desk & get it & I said I can’t walk far (slightly handicapped) & I drove over there - when I went to the front desk he was just coming back in to the office & said he went to my room with a new key. How thoughtful.
Real cheap ($10 type) bedspreads. But that could be a plus too as most places don’t wash the bedspreads & no telling what was on them (I always take them off the bed). These bedspreads can easily be washed.
4 tiny square pillows per bed. That’s OK as when put together they were fine. If you're picky about the sheets being a tight fit, these are not & not the top of the line. They were fine for me.
I think this motel is overpriced, but it’s close to downtown & Vanderbilt, so who's to complain. Choice Hotel’s price is more in line for what I thought the price should be, but my daughter (who’s a member) wasn’t with me this time. I booked through Hotel.com & saved $10 over every other site & the motel’s rate. With Choice Hotel you save about $25-$30.
The toilet seemed low. Guess that’s because some travelers may have children.
It’s no smoking inside any facility now in Nashville. I am a smoker. When I went outside all I could hear was this constant beeping. Don’t know what it was. And lights outside go off at 5:45am & it’s dark.
If you’re allergic to pets, keep in mind this is a pet friendly motel.
OK, now for the construction:
It starts about 6AM (sunrise about 6:10am). I was on the side where the construction work goes on. It didn’t bother me at all, (but I was up at 4am), as it’s not that noisy. I was in room 253 (next time I’d like room 254 as it was at the end of the group of rooms, had access to go to pool area where I believe food is at-they have a continental breakfast-I didn't partake, where washer & dryers aren't far, etc.). At least I wasn’t near the main street as it’s noisy, nor was I near the dumpsters as they come about 5am. However, at about 4:15 (before lights go out), there was a man searching the trash cans for food????…homeless???? Construction ends between 3:30pm & 4pm. No problem with workers being in the way or taking up parking spaces that might be needed.
Would I recommend this motel to others? YES. Basically very clean, no bugs, mice, bedbugs, etc. And when the new carpet gets put down it will be almost 100% done. Maid just needs to MOP the floors – she may have just vacuum over them…they are phony dark wood looking & you can’t see the scum on the floor. Very friendly & helpful people at the front desk (heard one talking on the phone in another language so they’re bi-lingual as well).
Because of the cons & not all renovations or construction being completed, & higher price than what I felt it should be, I rated this only a 4 star. Nobody’s perfect, but some of the cons will no longer be there as they continue to improve. I will be coming back to Nashville for surgery at Vanderbilt & will definitely stay at this motel (only about 10 mins. away).

Room Tip: If you're not a late sleeper, take a room by where the construction is going on. It's the 2...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank MJ J

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us on trip advisor. I am so glad to know that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. As you know, we are almost done with our renovations. We are putting new bedding's in our rooms and our new lobby is ready for our guests. Once again, thank you very much for your appreciation. Looking forward to see you soon.