Comfort Inn Downtown Nashville-Vanderbilt
$181
$167
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Club-Hotel Nashville Inn & Suites(Nashville)(Great Value!)
$119
HotelIndigo.com
$332
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
All reviewsmusic rowtin roofomelette stationminute walk to downtownroom was cleandowntown nashvillethird floorfridge and microwavefree breakfaststayed here for one nightbiscuits and gravycountry music hall of famehonky tonksbridgestone arenalive musicbroadwaycereal
Reviewed July 29, 2013

After seeing some of the beautiful hotels in this area, this place looks pretty shabby. But then you pay a lot less too. They are in the midst of major renovations, so expect to be inconvenienced and see lots of workmen around. Adequate room with microwave, refrigerator, and LCD TV. Free wireless internet. Desk staff were very friendly and helpful. Hot breakfast included. Very comfortable bed, and better AC unit than I've had in many hotels. Kind of a strange lay-out. Rooms open to the parking lot, or, on upper levels, an outside walkway. Very convenient location to the freeway and area attractions.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2013

This hotel is in an excellent location downtown, especially when it comes to parking. The staff is very friendly. The room is clean and the bed is comfortable. For the price not a bad deal at all. A solid three star experience for a good price.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Mac K, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown Nashville-Vanderbilt, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Thank you very much for reviewing our hotel.Your reviews are our strength. As you know we
are located in the heart of the city, which has many bars and restaurants.We also have free parking which is very rare in nashville.Thank you again for choosing us. We are looking forward to seeing you soon again.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

My husband and I visited Nashville for our Anniversary over Memorial Day Weekend. I spent a lot of time trying to find a good deal on a hotel that was in a decent location compared to all the different areas we wanted to be near. I knew going into this that the hotels were going to be pricey because of the holiday weekend. After searching for weeks, I finally booked this Comfort Inn through Hotwire. Here are my pros/cons.

Pros:
Location: We were able to walk to The Gulch, The "Strip" (Broadway/2nd), Country Music Hall of Fame, and a few bars near Midtown. You have to walk over the highway to get to the Gulch, the Strip, and Hall of Fame. I wouldn't walk this stretch alone, however, with my husband I didn't have any issues. There were a few people selling newspapers along the way- they were friendly. There is a strip club on the other side of the highway, again no problems... just a warning. It is only about 5 blocks to get to the Broadway/2nd area & only about 2 to get to the Gulch.

Staff: The two times we had to interact with the front desk, they were very nice. They had complimentary water for you, which was nice on the hot days. No complaints about the room service. Our room was always cleaned before we returned each afternoon.

Cons:
Exterior: The hotel was in the process of a remodel, so it was very chaotic as far as fencing/boards/ etc. The parking lot was a little tight because of the construction out front, however, we never had a problem finding a spot near our room.

Room: Upon walking in the room, we noticed a smoke/mildew smell. We don't have allergies, so it wasn't a problem.. besides the unpleasantness. The furniture in the room was too big for it. Everything was touching! The two beds, the night stand, the table next to the bed were all touching, the extra random chair near the door was not needed and kind of awkward. The TV stand and the armoire were also touching- everything was crammed in the small space. Didn't leave room for our luggage or other belongings. The cleanliness of the room was very sketchy. There were corners that looked as though they had never seen a vacuum. I kept my shoes on most the time in the room. The bathroom/ shower was okay. The remodel they had preformed on the room seemed to be very "quick & half-assed". The "marble" in the shower was un-even and there was caulk missing in places, but it seemed clean for the most part. There is a large mirror in the bathroom and a full length mirror to the left of the sink- that was nice. There was only one outlet near the sink, you had to use this for: coffee maker, blow dryer, and any other items that needed to be plugged in. Light from outside always shinned in the room from beneath the door, also you had to push is really hard to get it to shut. The A/C was sketchy. We had to set the AC as low as it would go just go get the room to not be humid and warm. Our room was near the corner of the hotel, near the highway.. I can't say I heard the noise from that... but I'm a sound sleeper. Only plus- TV was new and worked well.

No Opinion:
Pool: We did not use the pool, however, there seemed to be quite a few people that camped out there all day. Why you would want to sit at a pool in the middle of downtown Nashville, right near the highway... is unknown to me.
Breakfast: The only time we visited the breakfast was on our last morning. I ran in to grab something for the car ride home. There seemed to be a large variety of things to eat, however, it was crowded and a little hectic. Food was standard for a hotel breakfast.

Do I think we got what we paid for? No. I think the rooms were way overpriced because of the holiday. If given the opportunity, I would have stayed somewhere closer but paid more... they would have been a lot nicer/ cleaner.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Elyse A
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I stayed for two nights at this joke of a hotel and I have never stayed at such an unorganized crap hole. At check-in I was directed to take an elevator (which I'm not sure how it passes code) up to the third floor to a corner room. When I got to that location the room did not exist. Come to find out it was clean on the other side of the hotel. The rooms are way over priced for what you get in return. The morning of the second day I called the front desk to let them know that I would be leaving for the day so they could go ahead and clean the room. When I returned back to the hotel around 4pm the room still had not been cleaned. When we went out for dinner we again called them to let them know. Returned back around 7pm to an uncleaned room. I finally had to go down to the front desk to ask them a third time to clean the room which finally worked. The next morning around 7am we woke up to the noise of a maintenance man angle grinding old paint off of the hand rails outside of our door to be repainted. Needless to say we didn't get much sleep. The only positive was that it is only a $6 cab ride to the downtown bars. This place is a joke of a hotel and I will never stay there again. I would recommend staying anywhere else but here.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

I'm concerned about the problems you experienced recently at our hotel. I'm writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention.We accommodate many guests each night, and the principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to each at a reasonable price. Because our success is measured by how our guests evaluate our accommodations and services, I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're doing wrong and how we can improve.Please accept my sincere apology. Your patronage is very important to us. Please give us an opportunity in future to demonstrate the true quality. Again I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

The Comfort Inn is such an average hotel in Nashville that I would not go back. At check-in the process was very slow and the front desk area rather small. The rooms are small and very dated. Breakfast is included but very limited in items. The dining area is enclosed, dark, and small. It claims a downtown location, but it really sits on the fringes and walking is not as easy as said. It is more accessible to some of the music business offices on Demonbreun. One positive aspect of this hotel is the always available parking for guests.

Room Tip: Stay away from the pool area during Summer stays. It is noisy.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family