“Good but great”

Comfort Inn Downtown
Ranked #84 of 159 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed November 25, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed November 9, 2012

I work at a comfort suites and I booked a room at the comfort inn for my friends and myself on a trip to nashville. I originally didn't want to stay there due to it being 84 on the best in nashville list and there were some really not good reviews, but it was 40 bucks with my discount and it was near the touristy bar area, so I went ahead and chose it. The lobby was extremely nice and decorated. The front desk clerk was fast, but told me wrong place to park for my room..but I found a much closer place to my room. There is unnecessary LED signs that tell you where things are located, but was a nice plus. We had a two queen non smoking room. It smelled great and I was very surprised at house nice and clean it was. The beds were just fine and it has the usual small choice hotel type pillows. Very nice curtains and extra decoration cloth on the beds. There is a wardrobe that holds an ironing board, iron, safe, and place to put your things. The tv was very large flat screen with a great picture. There was a desk and a lamp with extra plug in outlets. The bathroom was extremely clean and the shower was really nice, with a granite looking wall surrounding it. The odd thing was the sink/counter which was at my thighs in height. I am very tall, but still was awkward, at first thought it was a handicapped room, but there is no room for a wheelchair to get around, so I knew it was not. The ac/heater worked great, it was freezing outside and it worked perfectly to warm us up! We never heard traffic even though its close to busy road/highway. We already had done Broadway st bars, which is too touristy(still extremely easy to walk to from hotel.) My friend lives in Nashville and the street he recommend for bars, was actually the one comfort inn is located on. If you are wanting to go out and drink without driving, this is defiantly the place to stay. We stopped by the breakfast room on way out, it is typical choice hotel breakfast, very large room with lots of seating. It had many items to eat, was disappointed there was no donuts, but that's just me ha. We did find one bug on the lamp shade, not sure what kind it was, it was not a cockroach though. Being an employee myself though, come on guys...I'm sure you take amazing care of your home, but you still find a bug every now and then...obviously there might be a chance when your staying at a hotel. Overall, very clean place and super convenient. Sorry for long review, but it will help some people.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank SkylyrBallew
Reviewed November 7, 2012

I was highly disapointed in this hotel. It is very old and in need of renovation. The rooms are dirty, there was heavy dust, dinghy carpet, mold all throughout the shower, no shower curtain. The TV didn't work and they worked on it 3 times. The room was dank smelling. The ac was very loud and don't stay in the rooms facing tin roof . They are very loud and noisy. After bringing all of this to managements attn they replaced the shower curtain, didn't clean the mold and offered 15% off the first night .They had jacked up the rate to an exorbitant high rate of 209 due to the Country Music Awards in town. I will never stay at another Comfort Inn as long as I live. Stay Away from this one

Room Tip: Go to another Hotel!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

Couldn't have asked for anymore, it was absolutely fantastic. Staff were excellent. We asked directions for somewhere and they gave us a print out every time. We were bed and breakfast there was a choice for everyone. Would definitely stay there again and would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed November 3, 2012

This hotel was absolutely disgusting and infested with COCKROACHES. We complained twice while we were at the hotel and all they offered to do was spray. At the time we had no idea they were COCKROACHES, but the hotel admitted they knew on the phone later when we called. When we called to complain for the FOURTH time they still refused to give us our money back. ABSOLUTELY DO NOT STAY HERE! We will be calling choice hotels and the board of health to complain.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 31, 2012

This hotel is very poorly run, our room was smelly, couldn't use the air con as it just pushed out rank air. Carpet and fittings worn and dirty. If you have to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night, you will be surprised by the the number of cockroaches, scuttling away. It has a new television and new very inexpensive latex mattress, hard as a rock. Pillows are old, bed linen worn.
I have stayed in four other Comfort Inns in the past 3 weeks, and I can't speak highly enough of those hotels, this one is another story. You would be more comfortable sleeping in your car.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jennifer c
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Location was convient to Broadway, a $6 cab ride back. You can ride the bus down for free if you catch the right bus. The Gualt, Green I think, the person at the hotel can give you the info. You could walk by the time you catch the bus. The place is old and I didn't have a good feeling about it. The pillows were wore out and sheets old. It was clean but I expected more. They have tried to update but I wouldn't stay again. The breakfast was average. Being a Choice Privilege member, I used my points for a free night. The amount of points to stay here were 20,000 ( a high amount) compaired to other hotels. You sure didn't get a very nice place for high points. Have to admit the staff were very helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: We stayed on top floor. I think you have less noise that way. You enter the hotel from the outside...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple