“Don't stay here”

Ranked #85 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
Medicine Hat, Canada
“Don't stay here”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

My sister and I stayed here from Sept 27 to Oct 3, 2012. We were in Nashville for a holiday as it was on my bucket list to do so. I will start by saying the only good things about our stay at this hotel. The beds were comofrtable, the tv is a flat screen, the lady who cooked breakfast was friendly. There is nothing else good that I can say about this hotel.
Our room was on upper level. Our door was warped and you could see day light 1/4" from the handle down to the floor. This meant that if anyone was outside talking or walking, you could hear them plain as day as if you had your door wide open. Friday night there were drunk people partying but they stopped partying after midnight so we were able to get some sleep after that. Saturday night those same people started partying at 12:30 am and didn't stop until 4:30am. They were so loud, screaming at the top of their lungs while partying on the balcony walk way. I phoned the front desk at 12:30am to complain and the man said he was taking care of it. He did not. The partying got louder and then the girls next door to us joined in and were flashing their torsos to the guys which made them hoot and holler even louder. I called the front desk again at 3:30 and the man said he was asking them to stop. Nothing changed. At 4:30 there was still constant noise, so I looked outside and saw the group of people still out there smoking and drinking so I phoned the front desk for the third time. He said the cops were coming. I asked why it took so long for him to call the cops and that I wanted my money back for the night. He said to come see the manager at 9am. I went down the next day at 9am and the guy said the manager won't be in until 1pm and he asked for my cell hpone number so the manager could call me as he only stops in for a bit and then leaves. I told him my cell phone is Canadian and I'm not going to turn it on and have roaming charges just so the manager can call me at his leisure. I asked if the drunk people had left and why had they been allowed to party all night. The clerk said "This is a party town". He went on to say that Fridays and Saturdays are loud. I told him I managed a hotel when I was younger and partying was not allowed. It's common courtesy to the other guests. He said he didn't know where I was from, but at this hotel it is allowed.
My sister and I went out for the day and when we got back that evening, our door keys no longer worked so we had to go get them fixed.
The next day, Monday, we went to Memphis and would return Tuesday night. I told the clerk we would be gone for the day. We took everything with us except the food in our fridge. We didn't trust that our room would be left the same while we were away cuz so far, this hotel was not trustworthy.
Sure enough, we returned Tuesday night to find our hotel door propped wide open. We walked in and unpacked. We looked in the fridge and the maid had taken our food that we had left there for breakfast for our early morning flight the next day since the kitchen wouldn't be open so early. Then we received a phonecall from a lady asking our name and why we were in that room. It's a good thing my sister took that call because if it was me, I would not have been nice at all. They looked on the computer and saw that we were supposed to be there. Duh.
So, bottom line, if you want to get some sleep at night so you're awake during the day and able to tour Nashville worryfree, don't stay at this place.
Also, the shower only had hot water one day out of the 7. Sometimes we managed to get warm water.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank JerseyLynn00

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Stayed here again this year on our third visit to Nashville in as many years from the UK.
The friendliest staff who looked after us again first class!
Room was recently refurbished (if not completely new), new carpet, decor etc and vey comfortable.
Breakfast was great as usual, free wi-fi to check emails etc is always a bonus.
15 min walk to the downtown attractions but in the 90 degree heat we chose the free schuttle bus which runs every 15 mins.
Cab back is around $5-6, but we walked it a few times and were completely safe.
The fact that we keep coming back speaks volumes.
Thank you again Comfort Inn, we'll be back!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank DHD5705
Beavercreek oh
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Room was clean enough, location short trip to downtown. STAFF TERRIBLE. Checked in for 2 nights, asked for coupon rate of 79.99. Clerk said they were all taken, but cost was 89.99. Didnt seem bad so we took room. Received call next day, asked if we were checking out, told clerk we had signed up for 2 nights. Said no problem, but they had us down for only one night. Drove back from downtown to do paperwork, only to be informed rate was now 149.99, with no explanation. This was on monday-tuesday so it wsnt due to a weekend rate. Clerk was very unprofessional and unfreiendly, while her husband wouldnt look at us. She obviously needs a course in southern hospitality. I woudnt stay there again, but probably would have if not for them trying to rip us off.

Room Tip: Make sure to double check paperwork maybe bring clerk some chocolate
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank 404traveljunkie

Travelers are raving about these Nashville hotels

Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

We are writing this review after 2 stays. It is a very average, clean, fairly comfortable place to stay and within a little bit of a hike or a short cab ride to the downtown Nashville area. I found it to be very refreshing as we bailed out on the Days Inn Downtown at the Stadium (very unsafe feeling in a bad part of town) and came up to this Comfort Inn at the last minute. In comparison to other hotels in the area this one is at a much lesser price. Good points include the fridges, microwaves, safes, etc in the room. Its well lit, adequate parking, outside entrances to each room. No major issues. Our room had only minor gripes. For the price and its proximity to downtown attractions give it a try.

• Stayed September 2012
Cincinnati
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Stayed at the Comfort Inn for one Saturday night in late August 2012. We were looking for affordable accomodations between downtown and Vanderbilt Medical Center - this was perfect. Rooms are pricey for what you get, but good compared to the prices on Broadway. We walked down to Broadway Saturday evening around 10pm (two 30yr old women) and it was a safe 1mile trek. Cabbed back from downtown for about $10.

Room was very average but the beds were comfortable and the bathroom and linens were clean. A good enough option to rest your head for the evening. Intended to use the pool, but it rained. The size of the pool is rather small though and pretty basic. We didn't have any problems with leaving our car in the parking lot in the evening. Didn't make it to breakfast in the morning. Check in/out was a breeze and we were offered a 1pm checkout when asking for later than 12pm. I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank angelisee
Reviewed September 1, 2012

I stayed here for two days on business. The facility in general looked clean and comfortable. The pool looked very inviting and there were a few kids that were really enjoying it. The staff was OK but did not really go out of their way. My biggest problem was that my non-smoking room smelled strongly of cigarette smoke (especially in the bathroom). There seemed to be mold around the bathtub. Add to this the fact that they had painted the floor outside of my room just before my arrival - the smell was pulled into my room by the AC unit and made it hard to sleep.

The breakfast was OK but I'd pass on the biscuits, gravy (very watery) and eggs (little taste).

While I was initially impressed by the rate for a downtown location, I think I will pay more next time for a Hampton-type hotel.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank DaddioDon
Mineral Bluff, Georgia
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Our most recent stay at this hotel was on 8/23/12, We have been there about 3 times before, within the last 2-3 years. Location is excellent, as it is right off exit 209 B on I-64, near enough to downtown Nashville, but without the downtown crowding. We found our room to be very comfortable, clean, and equipped with a small refrigerator, and ample clothing storage. If you have a medical appointment at nearby Vanderbilt University Hospital, you can request a discounted price, which can save you about $10 to $20 from the standard rate. Our dealings with the staff have always been positive, and they seem very friendly. We think the value is there, and we feel very safe at this motel. There is a nice pool also, and the place looks very well maintained. A decent breakfast is served, starting a 6AM. They have eggs, gravy, biscuits, waffles, cereals, and juice & coffee. Try it. I think that you'll like it.

Room Tip: If you don't want to be disturbed in the summer, get a room away from the pool.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple