“Convenient location”

Ranked #86 of 155 Hotels in Nashville
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Convenient location”
Reviewed June 7, 2012

This property is convenient to downtown. It is tired and needs an update.
The breakfast was satisfactory. Did not use the pool. If you are just in and out, this place works.

Room Tip: Pool area can be active & a little loud.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed June 5, 2012

The hotel was more than willing to make a last minute reservation for me. HOWEVER.. when my flight was announced as 2 hrs delayed, and there was no way into Nashville... I called the hotel immediately back w/in ONE HOUR to cancel. They said it was against hotel policy to refund my money because it was w/in 24-hrs of the reservation time!! The email to "apologize" said to ..."imagine if I tried to show up later and the reservation was given away"... I don't know if there was a language barrier, but I told them I was stuck in CHARLOTTE for the night. Sure they gave me some 50% off my next visit, but who would really want that after an experience like this one. INCONSIDERATE MANAGEMENT and "customer service" is bull there.

Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Scotland
Reviewed June 2, 2012

Clean room, clean linen and clean towels: that's all I ever want from a hotel and this one came up trumps. Reasonable breakfast too and all at a fairly cheap price. Its about a mile from here to the action in Nashville so its pretty handy. I'd stay here again.

2 Thank TheGoodShag
Lafayette Hill, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 30, 2012

I've stayed at several Comfort Inns and so I know they are usually comfortable - but nothing special. The price was right and the location was good and I don't stay in the room that much anyway.
The people at the front desk were very helpful in finding me an adapter and charger for my cell phone, which I had left at home.
When I walked into the unit, the room was neat and clean but it strongly smelled like heavy-duty rug cleaner. I had to run the fan on high to get rid of the smell but figured that at least it was clean!
I stayed for four nights, and each night when I returned to my room, I found bugs... either large moths, small flies, or gnats. I guess the unusual hot, humid weather brought them out - but it's still not acceptable.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank etraveler19
Clarksville, Tennessee
Reviewed May 13, 2012

I booked a hotel on March 3, 2012. I was going to meet some friends that were in town and enjoy Nashville. On the evening of March the 3rd I received the news that my father had passed away. I called the hotel shortly after hearing this news. I spoke with Vic at the front desk at 6:30 p.m. and he said speak with the manager next week and he will take care of this for you. So as you can imagine this was the furthest thing from my mind, but I called the Comfort Inn and couldn't get ahold of a manager. I then spoke with Comfort Inn Customer Support the next day and spoke with Bob. Bob once again insured me that this would be taken care of. The manager was unavailable, that is why I spoke with Bob. So I finally get ahold of Monty (manager) the next day. Monty informs me that I need to fax over a copy of proof for my father's death to get this resolved. Not only is this insulting, how do you not have the heart or piece of human dignity to understand this ordeal. This has been an extremely difficult situation to handle as it is, and you have the audacity to ask me for proof of my father's death? After numerous attempts to contact this facility, the only thing that I have received is a letter from customer service telling me "its under review". I work in the hospitality field and have friends in the hotel business. I have never experienced, none of my friends have experienced, or would I ever treat a patron of my establishment like this. I could understand if I was a no call, no show. But I booked a room, found out the news, and gave the hotel an opportunity to sell that room. I can't help that the death didn't occur before 4 pm. One would think that the management and ownership of this hotel would understand my situation. I would hate to think about how they treat the guests that they actually receive after this predicament. I just want my money back for a room that I didn't get to use because my father passed away, especially after two employees of the Comfort Inn told me it would be taken care of. I just want anyone looking to book at this hotel to know how the staff and management handled this situation. I don't wish this situation to happen to anyone else.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank DP615
Reviewed May 13, 2012 via mobile

To get the only negative out of the way, coffee was weak. Other than that, great hotel, service outstanding, great rooms and pool area and within walking distance of all the action . Great place

• Stayed May 2012
Maryville, Tennessee
Reviewed May 13, 2012

We stayed at the Comfort Inn because it was close to TPAC, not too expensive, breakfast included, etc. On arrival the king room was clean, comfortable bed, nice linens, flat screen TV, etc. very nice...However, at 3:30 am I was rudely awakened by a dozen or so drunk young men loudly enjoying themselves in front of our door, on the balcony. I asked them to quiet down, they did for 10 min, then I called the front desk to complain and the mgr came out, quiet again for 15 minutes, upon which I had to call the front desk again. This went on until 4:30am...I slept with a pillow over my head until morning. We got coffee but skipped the breakfast which was crowded with hung-over college kids from the night before!!!! The hotel itself was fine I wish they put us down at the far end away from the action/elevator area to get some quiet!

Room Tip: Get a room at the far end away from the elevator, pool area. Be prepared to put your a/c on high to...