“Not a good experience”

Ranked #27 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
Birmingham, Alabama
“Not a good experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

The renovation was decent, but the bathroom left a bit to be desired. The tub was slightly clogged and it never felt clean, but the biggest problem was the service. The first night after we checked in we were told we needed to switch rooms (this is around 1 AM) for no apparent reason other than it seemed like we were mistakenly put in the wrong room from the beginning. I was never really sure what went wrong, but after about 30 minutes at the front desk they finally realized they didn't need to change our room. The next night, the same thing happened and I had to spend about 30 minutes at the front desk trying to help them figure out the issue. Lastly, we had booked several rooms for friends, and despite us all giving them separate credit cards and specifically asking that our card not be charged for the other rooms, the day after getting home, I found multiple charges on my credit card for the other rooms. We spent an hour on the phone with them trying to get it fixed, which they did take off some of the charges, but i'm not sure we have actually been charged the correct amount. Also, there is no real concierge service, they rely on the front desk workers to suffice for it, and they were not really very helpful at all.

The only positive about the hotel was the valet and shuttle service. They were very prompt and helpful with getting around nashville

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank pjadams83

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

Staff were very responsive. Safe didn't work, called front desk and they sent someone up immediately to fix it. Room was very clean with a great view of the government buildings outside my window. Walked a few blocks down to Broadway and all the honky tonks at night and felt safe walking the streets. It is uphill from Broadway but not too bad if you don't do it during high noon (90 degrees) in the humidity in July. I was there for four days. All good.

Hotel has a pool table in the bar which was a great way to relax at night.

I would recommend based on location to Broadway, nice staff and good clean rooms.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Lacon, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

Booked off of Hotwire. First time they have ever let me down. The room is fantastic. However, cost us $30.00 to park and an additional $14.95 for Internet usage. Outrageous. We should have stayed out by the airport and paid to park downtown. There truly is no reason to stay here if you are traveling through. Stay at the airport locations for a cheaper rate and more amenities.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Nashville, TN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

My bf and I stayed here for his birthday/4th of July weekend. We live here in Nashville, but wanted to do something special and "get away" from normality for a couple days. I chose the Sheraton Downtown Nashville and I am very happy that I did!

Some of the other reviews I read before we checked in about construction and bad service had me a little worried, but what we experienced was a clean, newly remodeled, stylish hotel, with fantastic service, in the heart of our own Music City.

The front desk/guest service agents were always very helpful, kind and professional.

Our room was beautifully decorated, stocked with complimentary Starbucks coffee, a large flat screen and a great shower. We had a nice view of the city from our window, too... Make sure you ask for a room on the 20th floor or higher if you want a great view.

We actually visited the bar downstairs on three different occasions. Our first night, just for a before dinner cocktail. I recommend the Tennessee Tea cocktail! The final time, we had lunch after we checked out and while we were waiting for our car from valet. I recommend the Black Angus Burger! Service was friendly and prompt and the burger was extremely delicious. -- We tried to eat dinner there before we headed out for a concert on our second night, we both ordered the New York Strip steak... After the chef tried two times to cook our steaks to "medium-rare", and failed both times, we decided to just cancel the order altogether. Also, the meat itself was tough and didn't look or taste fresh. That was the only letdown during our 2-night stay.

Valet is $30 a day. I saw some people on here complain about that, but being a local I can tell you that Nashville parking downtown is very pricey. Just to park in a lot downtown for 4-6 hours is $25...so $30 for 24-hours is honestly a great deal.

I would definitely recommend the Sheraton Downtown Nashville to any of my friends & family who come to visit! We had a great time, and the Sheraton helped give my bf, in his own words, "the best birthday yet!"

• Stayed July 2014
Southbury, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

Very nice and clean hotel, complete with a blue suede chair in the room. Nice gym and pool too. No real complaints, but my wishes were for better programmed/faster elevators and dining offering. Easy, safe walk to all the fun... though other hotels are closer. I certainly recommend.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

The hotel was recently upgraded. They has a modern sleek look. Don't know why this hotel get so many bad reviews. I'm guessing it was before all the upgrades. Check in was smooth and quick. Room was nice and clean. We didn't like loading and unloading on the street. Other than that we had no complaints

Stayed June 2014
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

Hotels in Downtown Nashville can definitely be outside of some budgets but I found an awesome $120, after taxes & fees, deal on priceline. I was going to the Ryman for a show, and while there was a short walk (less than 10min) to the venue, it was still conveniently located. There are lots of galleries and cafes within a few walks on the Sheraton, 5th Aves honky tonk bars are also just a short walk away. I loved the open, atrium style lobby and the customer service was top notch. My room was immaculate, with incredibly comfortable beds & linens. I love the fact that they allow pets and it seemed that many people were taking advantage of the policy. The only negative thing I could say is that the tub didn't drain didn't drain as quickly as it needed to to accommodate the shower pressure. I only stayed one night, so it wasn't an issue and when I thought to call them later and report it, they were extremely grateful for the tip, so hopefully its fixed for the next tenant.

• Stayed July 2014