“Nice hotel. Just as expected.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Member Rates
Ranked #78 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
Florida
“Nice hotel. Just as expected.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

We stayed here on some free certificates. We visit Nashville frequently and have stayed in most of the Marriotts at least once. This is a nice hotel, and just as we expected.

One little oddity: we left at 7am and returned at 4:30pm to find the maid's cart blocking our door. We assume, since we couldn't get in, that it was being cleaned. After an hour of checking, we decided something must be wrong so went in to check on the maid, finding the room hadn't been cleaned and the maid wasn't there. We checked with the front desk to confirm that, indeed, at 5:30pm they were still cleaning and would be until 9pm. We asked if they could get to ours after 7 so we could shower and head to dinner. They were happy to do so.

It's clearly an older Residence Inn, but it was clean and well maintained. Everything worked just as it should, and it was a clean, comfortable stay. They are currently remodeling, which should remedy those "showing signs of its age" problems.

Check in was quick and efficient (and we were staying on a couple of free certificates, so it wasn't a straightforward check in). It's the first time we've ever had to sign a form explaining they'd call the police and throw us out if we had a loud party, but we suspect there's a good reason for this. Desk staff was professional and friendly, and pretty much what we expected from Marriott (and, when we came back to find our room not clean, they were happy to grab us a couple of towels out of the drier to tide us over). We stayed on a sold out weekend (indeed, just about everything in town was sold out) and found the service excellent.

Room was clean and well maintained. We've stayed in bigger rooms at Residence Inns, we've stayed at smaller. Everything was clean. Room was well appointed. And, if you like good water pressure, this hotel is worth a special trip -- I'm pretty sure you could use the shower for stripping paint! Have mercy, have they got some water pressure! AC worked well. Bed was nice. Ample good pillows. Free internet worked well. Except for the occasional guest talking a bit too loud on the sidewalk outside the patio doors, the room was quiet. Pretty much all we ask for in a hotel.

Free breakfast was good. Would recommend arriving early -- on our Sunday morning departure day there was a long line for waffles and seating was limited (apparently everyone had the same sleeping in idea we did)!

Location is tough to beat... 5 minutes from airport; 15 minutes from downtown; 15 minutes from Opryland/Grand Ole Opry / Opry Mills.

We were some of those "weekend guests" other reviewers were complaining about (sorry people, we don't bring the coat and tie on vacation, and Marriott has quietly raised the category of many Nashville properties so high that our certificates no longer work there). And, we did note lots of other short staying tourists -- Navy aviators, a church group, a school sports team, other vacationers -- which caused us to speculate that the week or two hotel dweller business must be dropping off. But everyone seemed nice (and we tried our best to be nice as well) and we simply encountered no difficulties whatsoever. We really don't blame the hotel for welcoming us and other short term guests when they have vacant rooms.

We'd stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Klomo
Rick C, General Manager at Residence Inn Nashville Airport, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Thank you for taking time to share your experience from your recent visit.

I enjoyed reading about the great service you received from my staff. I am fortunate to work with a great group of people. I've been a General Manager for a few years. This team might be the best.

We appreciate your loyalty to Marriott Hotels. We hope to serve you again the next time you travel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Grimes, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

The Residence Inn Nashville Airport has a wonderful location for what we were doing in Nashville. We were there to enjoy the sights and sounds of that Nashville is known for. The motel is midway between the Opryland/Music City Drive area and Downtown. We had less than a ten minute drive to either of these destinations.

We were there over the 4th of July holiday weekend and on the weekend the breakfast was pretty crowded but we still didn't have to wait for long. The food was always fresh and hot and changed slightly each day of our stay. Weekday mornings the breakfast was much less congested.

The room we had was very well apportioned and the housekeeping staff did a good job. On the busy weekend it was later in the day than I would have expected that our room was cleaned but this did not cause us any problems - just an observarion.

I would recommend this location to anyone traveling to Nashville with similar needs to ours.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tom H
We appreciate you for taking time to share your experience.

I was pleased to read that you found our location to be convenient to so many attraction. I will share your comments with the housekeeping staff that they did a great job. I know they will appreciate the positive feedback.

Thank you for choosing the Nashville Airport Residence Inn. We hope to serve you again the next time you visit Music City,
Memphis, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

I recently stayed at the other location in Brentwood. It was great. I had to come back to Nashville and Brentwood was all booked so Airport location it was going to be.
I stayed here Sunday through Saturday. The first few days were great, business folks and nice people everywhere... THEN... Thursday came.. the crowed changed gears and shady people everywhere. I don't like to stereotype or profile, but if you act a certain way, dress a certain way, talk a certain way, you are a certain way. You would have thought the hotel began excepting EBT cards or something. My neighbors next door had their truck broken into, trash was dumped all over the grounds, staff was disrespected and I was sooooo ready to leave.. Truthfully I could not wait til Saturday to come so I could pack up and go. If I hadn't had so much gear with me I would have left early and found some place better.
I know the hotel can't pick and chose its patrons but c'mon.... Residence Inn is no Super 8 or pay by the hour place, but I was sure confused.
The staff here was great and showed they cared but the "weekend" patrons were just horrible...

Room Tip: If the A/C seems its not dehumidifying put the "fan" and "cooling" settings on...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Rick C, General Manager at Residence Inn Nashville Airport, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Thank you for taking time to share your observations from your recent visit.

You our correct that Residence Inn has multiple target markets. Often the demographics of these market segments is not the same. In my +28 years in the hotel business, I found this to be the case in every hotel I worked.

I'm sorry that you experience discomfort as we transitioned from our weekday guest to our weekend guest. One of the core components of our Marriott culture is to create an inclusive environment for all of our guests.

Thank you for choosing Marriott Hotels. We hope to serve you again the next time you travel.
Cumberland City, Tennessee, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

While our location was close to where we needed to be, wasn't up to the Marriott standards. I really don't understand why Marriott has changed their standard of quest quality? I use to work for this hotel chain and always was impressed with the service to guest that we always tried to furnish. I would guess that now they are relying on the Name more than the quality of service they provide. Really disappointed again in this chain line of hotels.. while the room seemed cleaned .. they lacked some amenities , the housekeepers didn't speak English, was asked to pay $100.00 deposit.. and was made to feel like they were doing us a favor by staying with them?

Room Tip: As a last resort... and be prepared to only speak to the front desk for any of your needs!
Green Features: There were none so I cant express any??lacking in this area.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
I appreciate you taking time to post your observations and questions.

It was good to read that you found our rooms to be clean. I will share your comments with my housekeeping team.

You are correct, one of the recent changes in the hotel industry is that for many of our Heart of the House Associates, English is their second language. I can say that they work as hard at mastering English as they do cleaning hotel rooms. I'm proud of the progress they make on a daily basis.

The only reason you were asked to leave a security deposit is if you were planning on paying cash for the room. The security deposit is returned at check out.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

My family and I are in the process of moving across the country from Fresno to Nashville.

We thought we were in a for a treat when booking our suite and the Marriot Residence inn.

Let's just say we were very underwhelmed. The carpet is completely frayed where the carpet meets the kitchen floor. There's bird poop all over the upstairs window, and we've already found one big spider in our room. The popcorn ceiling is pretty dirty and everything in the kitchen is outdated. It's just so disappointing because this isn't what they show on their website at all.

Pros: the staff is really friendly and the internet is super fast.

Unfortunately, we're cutting our stay short and will be staying in another Marriot suite that is much newer, better fitting for our needs, and pricing is similar.

I want to also add that the stairs outside and inside are playing into this decision as well.

• Stayed July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking time to post your review.

It was great to read that you found our rooms to be clean and the staff to be friendly. I will share your comment about the carpet fray with my Manager of Engineering. We will get this fixed right away.

I was pleased to read that you were able to find another Marriott Suite Hotel in the area that had interior access.

Thank you for choosing to stay at Marriott Hotels. We hope to serve you again the next time you travel.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this Residence Inn the week before CMA Fan Fair. It is an excellent location - close to Opryland and Music Valley Drive, and not too far from downtown Nashville.

The breakfast was good and the folks at the front desk were very friendly and helpful.

The property is in need of rennovation and had some maintenance issues. On our next visit we stayed at the Courtyard down the street.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank CalifKidRetired
Rick C, General Manager at Residence Inn Nashville Airport, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Thank you for your post.

I was please to read about how convenient our location was for you during your stay. I will pass on to my team how much you enjoyed our full hot breakfast and that you appreciated the exceptionally friendly service you received from my staff during your stay.

We know you have may choices when you travel. Thank you for choosing to stay with the Residence Inn at Nashville Airport.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

Needed a two bedroom hotel that was at a good price, and this was it. Plenty of room in the penthouse. Clean carpet and furniture. Cold air. Comfortable beds and pillows. Full stocked kitchen. Clean and stocked bathroom rooms. Pool. Basketball/tennis court combo my kids loved. Only complaint is can be fun finding a spot to park.

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Kimco93
Thank you for sharing.

It was great to read how much you and your family enjoyed the many amenities available here at the hotel. I will also pass on to the housekeeping department that you found their work to be exceptional.

We hope to serve you again the next time you come to Nashville.