“Wonderful hotel experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #78 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
Abingdon, Maryland
“Wonderful hotel experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

We stayed at this hotel from June 24 - June 27th, 2013. It was a great experience. I love the fact that this Residence Inn has mini apartment type rooms. We loved our room. It was on the second floor, plenty of space for our family of 4 to spread out, and very clean. The hotel offers a wonderful selection of items for breakfast and they have a nice Manager's reception in the evening. The hotel pool is very clean and the hotel has a nice covered area with comfortable chairs for evening relaxation. The hotel is in the perfect location with a 10 minute drive to the Grand Ole Opry / Opry Mills shopping and a 15 minute drive to downtown Nashville. I think the staff at this property is top notch. Everyone from the front desk staff and housekeeping staff, to the always friendly food attendants was beyond high level service. We are thinking about relocating to the Nashville area and we wanted to find out what people thought of the area. Everyone we encountered gave us wonderful recommendations and really helped us to solidify our desire to move from Maryland to Nashville.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Lisa E
Rick C, General Manager at Residence Inn Nashville Airport, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you for taking time to share your recent experience at the Residence Inn at Nashville Airport. It was great to read about how well our large guest room met your families need for space. I will share with my desk and housekeeping staff that you found you found your room very clean and our staff incredibly friendly. After all, clean and friendly never go out of style.

Please let me know if there is anything we can do to help make your move to Nashville as easy as possible.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Loudon, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

My company sent me for weeks training in Nashville and reserved lodging for me at the Residence Inn by Marriott. I was able to take my wife with me so we turned it into a mini vacation. The hotel is clean, well maintained and easy to get to. Our room was nice, including an Ethernet connection instead of wireless. Ethernet makes me feel a little more secure than wireless. The hotel serves a pretty good breakfast, including make-your-own waffles! Monday thru Wednesday they have "Social" which can be your supper. Great for someone on a budget. The bed was comfortable, there was a large flat screen tv, a pool, an exercise room and an area to grill out. The staff was super. Every request or comment was met with instant service with a smile. I will stay there again, and can recommend it without hesitation.

Room Tip: The view can be fabulous from the rooms overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

The hotel is very nice and clean, and what's more important is that there is someone to help at midnight when the lock to your room doesn't recognize the key. After a long drive on a cold night (it was April and 38 degrees), the last thing I wanted was to be locked out of my room while unpacking the car. Several unsuccessful attempts with new keys later, the staff finally had to call someone to come in to fix the lock. Fortunately, it only took him around 15-20 minutes to make it to the hotel (and by this time it was around 1am), and he fixed it in roughly 5 minutes. Trust me, I didn't leave the room again. Throughout the entire experience, however, I have to say that the staff was very nice and certainly tried their best to make a bad situation better. If it hadn't been for the friendly staff (who kept apologizing profusely), this would have been a much different review.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
Rick C, General Manager at Residence Inn Nashville Airport, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
Thank you for taking time to share your experience. It's great to hear that our property engineer responded so quickly at 1:00 in the morning. You are correct in your comment about my team's desire to provide exceptional service. I am fortunate to work with a great group of people.

Thank you for choosing the Nashville Airport Residence Inn. We hope to serve you again the next time your travels bring you to town.
Madison, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Stayed here last night en route airport. We booked using points and got a duplex apartment (two bedrooms on two floors with two bathrooms) - very convenient for a large family like ours. The front desk staff was friendly and gave us extra sheets and blankets we requested. The sofa was comfortable to sleep on. The shuttle to the airport arrived exactly on time, an enjoyable experience throughout.

Room Tip: Ask for a duplex at check-in.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Rick C, General Manager at Residence Inn Nashville Airport, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Thank you for taking time to share with me your experience with regard to your recent stay at the Nashville Airport Residence Inn by Marriott. We are pleased to hear that our two bedroom loft suite worked so well to accommodate your family. It's always nice to have extra room.

Thank you for choosing Marriott Hotels. We hope to serve you the next time your travels bring you to The Music City
Newburgh, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Spent a week at this Residence Inn in Nashville. Place was extremely comfortable and clean. Great service. Staff was willing to recommend restaurants and print maps to various places. Facility has a pool, BBQ area and tables, breakfast room with many choices for breakfast (all included in the price). Laundry facility was great, no waiting, reasonable prices.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Rick C, General Manager at Residence Inn Nashville Airport, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with regard to your recent stay at the Nashville Airport Residence Inn. It is good to hear that my staff did an awesome job taking care of you. I am fortunate to have a tremendous team.

Thank you for choosing Residence Inn by Marriott Nashville Airport. We hope to serve you the next time your travel brings you to Music City.
Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

We had a free night's stay from Marriott and used it at this Residence Inn near the airport in Nashville. The service was good, the room was very clean, and the breakfast was very good. The breakfast included eggs and sausage, eggs and ham on English muffins, a few pastries, cereal, fruit and yogurts, hot oatmeal, waffles, and juice and coffee and soda. The room we had was very comfortable and roomy. The TV was great. The staff was pleasant but not bothersome at all. This was what a hotel stay should be -- accommodating, comfortable, pleasant, and not being bothered. My only negative is that food places are not too handy. You have to get back on the interstate and go looking. It's not too far from Opry Mills shopping and eating, though. You can also go a few exits further to McGavock Pike and find places. The doors to your room lead to the outside -- not into a hallway. These hotel rooms are small buildings with a few hotel rooms in each -- only two stories. It looks like a group of apartments. No problem with noise where we were even though the highway is close. Nice stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
Rick C, General Manager at Residence Inn Nashville Airport, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Thank you for taking time to share your recent experience at out hotel.

It was great to hear how much you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast, clean, spacious guest rooms and friendly staff. We know you have lots of choices. We appreciate that you decided to stay with us.

We hope to have the opportunity serve you again the next time your travels bring you to Music City
Elko, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

My friend and I agreed to meet somewhere we both had never visited before. She was from Connecticut and I live in Minnesota. We had managed a "get-together" only three times in 35 years! We decided on Nashville, and began looking for lodging.

While I sort of wanted to stay someplace "historic", she talked me into the Marriott Residence Inn, Nashville Airport location. She stays at Marriotts frequently and vouched for their reputation.

I couldn't be happier that we decided to stay there! It was so conveniently located close to the airport and was in the middle of every attraction we wanted to see! The best part was the super friendly service!

We each had our own "suite" and they were clean, bright, modern and VERY comfortable! Seriously, I have NEVER slept on a better "hotel" bed!! This one is nicer than the one I have at home! Of course, having a FULL kitchen is awesome also. It was great when I wanted to make a late night "pizza rolls" snack in the oven, and put my dirty dishes in the sink and came back the next day to having everything cleaned up and put away! (I need this kind of service at home!)

One thing that I particularly appreciated was how personable and genuine the staff were! We were only there for an extended weekend, but the front desk staff greeted me by name, with Southern charm and hospitality, (Hello there Miss Mary) EVERY TIME they saw me. They shared funny stories, suggestions and ideas, and lots of smiles!

The 'free breakfast' served each day was phenomenal as well. I'm used to a hotel's free breakfast being fruit, cereal, some stale bread and bagels and maybe a waffle maker. This breakfast was different each of the days we were there, and included items like scrambled eggs with 'fixings' (tomatoes, onions, salsa, sour cream, etc.), bacon, sausage, biscuits and gravy, and so on. Of course, we still had the waffles, fruit, muffins and danish and so on.

All in all, I was VERY happy with my stay and am already planning a return trip to Nashville with my husband, and I already know we WILL be staying here again! The price was fantastic also!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank M E
Thank you for taking time to share your experience concerning you recent stay. I am very fortunate to work with such an outstanding group of people. They strive to provide an exceptional hospitality experience for every guest every day.

Thank you for choosing the Nashville Airport Residence Inn. We hope you staying with us the next time your travels bring you to Music City.