Residence Inn by Marriott Nashville Airport
Omni Hotels
  • Pool
$289
Hampton.com
All reviewsfull kitchenapartment complexbi level suiteapartment styleliving roomnashville airportwaffle house next doorhome away from homeyogurtbed was comfortablepull out couchfirst floorfront desk staffopry millsbreakfast buffetcomfortable stayeach morning
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 21, 2013

My friend and I agreed to meet somewhere we both had never visited before. She was from Connecticut and I live in Minnesota. We had managed a "get-together" only three times in 35 years! We decided on Nashville, and began looking for lodging.

While I sort of wanted to stay someplace "historic", she talked me into the Marriott Residence Inn, Nashville Airport location. She stays at Marriotts frequently and vouched for their reputation.

I couldn't be happier that we decided to stay there! It was so conveniently located close to the airport and was in the middle of every attraction we wanted to see! The best part was the super friendly service!

We each had our own "suite" and they were clean, bright, modern and VERY comfortable! Seriously, I have NEVER slept on a better "hotel" bed!! This one is nicer than the one I have at home! Of course, having a FULL kitchen is awesome also. It was great when I wanted to make a late night "pizza rolls" snack in the oven, and put my dirty dishes in the sink and came back the next day to having everything cleaned up and put away! (I need this kind of service at home!)

One thing that I particularly appreciated was how personable and genuine the staff were! We were only there for an extended weekend, but the front desk staff greeted me by name, with Southern charm and hospitality, (Hello there Miss Mary) EVERY TIME they saw me. They shared funny stories, suggestions and ideas, and lots of smiles!

The 'free breakfast' served each day was phenomenal as well. I'm used to a hotel's free breakfast being fruit, cereal, some stale bread and bagels and maybe a waffle maker. This breakfast was different each of the days we were there, and included items like scrambled eggs with 'fixings' (tomatoes, onions, salsa, sour cream, etc.), bacon, sausage, biscuits and gravy, and so on. Of course, we still had the waffles, fruit, muffins and danish and so on.

All in all, I was VERY happy with my stay and am already planning a return trip to Nashville with my husband, and I already know we WILL be staying here again! The price was fantastic also!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank M E
Rick C, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Nashville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Thank you for taking time to share your experience concerning you recent stay. I am very fortunate to work with such an outstanding group of people. They strive to provide an exceptional hospitality experience for every guest every day.

Thank you for choosing the Nashville Airport Residence Inn. We hope you staying with us the next time your travels bring you to Music City.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

The Residence Inn is an excellent option if you want to avoid the more expensive downtown hotels, if you can't get a room when there is an event at the convention center or you want a home-like experience. The rooms are spacious with a full kitchen - handy if you have a large group. If you plan to drive downtown during rush hours, set your GPS to avoid the highway and take the back roads. The hotel does not maintain a list of nearby restaurants maybe the assumption is that you'd cook instead. Ruby Tuesday is about five minutes away.There is free breakfast with excellent options, make sure you go early in order to get a seat. Coffee is available throughout the day. Despite being close to the highway, the noise level is minimal. Housekeeping forgot to empty the bin once during my stay and failed to provide moisturizing cream bottles. In all, good value.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Rick C, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Nashville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2013

Thank you for taking time to share your comments. It was great to hear how much you liked our spacious rooms. In addition, we get many positive comments about being one of the only hotels in Nashville that offers full size kitchen appliances. Also, we provide a grocery shopping service at no additional cost. You just drop your shopping list off in the morning and your food is in your room when you return that evening. We are in the process of updating our restaurant list. We will have it available early next week.

Thank you for choosing the Nashville Airport Residence Inn. We hope to serve you again the next time your travels bring you to Music City.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

After a long 8 hours in a car, I was greeted by an extremely friendly person who said that I could have a 2nd floor room as originally preferred or, since they had no elevators, I could switch to a first floor room. Really? How thoughtful! I took the first floor. I came just in time for dinner/social hour and was greeted by an equally friendly and very warm person who said new burgers were just about ready and she would bring one to my table. She was so warm that I made sure to get her name, Edythe. The room was recently renovated. It was clean. The bed was comfortable. Although the room was perfectly satisfactory, it was the hospitality that made my stay. I returned on the way back. Same wonderful experience except this time I met the manager, who was very proud of his staff and his hotel. You'll get a comfortable bed and your day will be better for your stay!

Room Tip: No elevators because there are only two floors.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Rick C, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Nashville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Thank you for taking time to share with me your wonderful experience with our Gatehouse Associate, Edyth. We are fortunate to have Edyth on our team. I am also pleased that you liked our recently renovated rooms and found our beds comfortable.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

The room itself was great, very spacious, and has an entire kitchen with stove, fridge, sink, etc. Definitely a good choice for a longer stay. There is plenty of free parking, and the rooms are in a variety of standalone buildings, so 4 rooms per building. This makes it feel less like a hotel and more like home. The only complaint was breakfast. The food was mediocre, and it was always super crowded. Not enough space for that many guests. And it was arranged poorly, so that the line would bottleneck at the toaster, preventing people who weren't toasting anything from getting to the eggs and bacon.

Room Tip: You can hear people walking upstairs if you have a room on the first floor, so go for the second floor.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank egbeneze
Rick C, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Nashville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Thank you for sharing your comments about breakfast. We have replaced the toaster that had two slots broken. This will eliminate the bottleneck. We will continue to work to improve the quality of breakfast with on-going training and soliciting feed back from our guests.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

We were only staying one night in Nashville, so we just wanted somewhere inexpensive but nice for the night. My husband's company has deals with various hotels, so he went in thinking we would have the discount. The lady couldn't find the discount information, so she did the next best thing: She upgraded us. We originally reserved a queen with a sofa bed. She gave us the "penthouse" suite. We had a full kitchen, living room, and two queen bedrooms with full bathrooms. The only issue we had was the door was difficult to open.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family