“Wonderful hotel”

Ranked #79 of 155 Hotels in Nashville
Collingwood, Canada
“Wonderful hotel”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

From the check in, the size and quality of the room, through to check out, everything was perfect. The two receptionists (evening and morning) were so friendly I could hardly believe it. The room was huge and very well laid out. The free breakfast was good and ample. Location was great, we were driving, right by the interstate. And it's close to the airport for anyone arriving by air. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
St. Augustine, Florida
Reviewed December 30, 2012

This is the first review I have written and I travel 80-90 night a year From the check in, to the stay. I have never had a poorer experience at a Marriott property. At check in 5 PM We had to wait almost 90 minutes to get into our room. They were overwhelmed with check outs. The next day when we arrived back at the property at 330, our room still hadn't been serviced. When I called the manager, he told me they had a lot of check outs and the staff was working to take care of those rooms. Yet, a friend of ours in the same building had his room cleaned several hours earlier. The property is clean and accessible, yet the service is EXTREMELY poor!!
Under the current property management, I would not recommend the property!!

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank robaconk
Winchester, Tennessee
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I stayed here to catch a very early flight out of Nashville. The room entrance was at the back of the property facing a fence. Felt a little uneasy. The room smelled musty when I entered. Finally found out why...the carpet near the bed was soaking wet and had begun to mildew. Yuck. The TV remote did not work either. Would suggest a different location next time. As I have found out several times in the past year the Residence Inn brand has definitely fallen on hard times.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Stayed here as it was handy for a conference. Was somewhat hesitant due to reviews commenting that it was "dated." Found that the room and furnishings were totally up to date, room on first floor was quiet, never heard anyone upstairs, the social hour food was enough for our supper (entree, salad, soft drinks or beer/wine) one night when we were trying to go quickly to the Grand Ol Opry and I had gotten out late from my conference. Breakfast was the typical one for RI, but included yogurt and granola parfaits, so could take it and "run" getting up late one morning. Like this older style (outside entrances vs hotel) of Residence Inn--easy in and out. There is an excellent steak house restaurant--local--less than a mile down the road--Darfon's. Had a memorable meal there. Would return to this location.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank ChautauquaNY
Florida
Reviewed October 27, 2012

The best part of this stay was the very kind individuals overseeing the kitchen and of course the comfortable bed. The rooms are very out dated and need to be remodeled. While the grounds were clean, you enter your rooms from outside meaning if you are on the second floor, you must climb stairs. Would I stay here again, yes as long as it isn't raining.

Room Tip: If you can not climb stairs make sure they have a ground floor room available.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Overall, I was very disappointed with this property and felt that it was nowhere near Marriott's usual standards.

The landscaping and common areas around the property were well maintained and the breakfast had a great selection, but the property itself felt run-down, dated, and very dirty. When I arrived, my room smelled like mildew, and my towels were still wet. I ended up finding crusted food in my fridge and clothes tags from a previous guest beside the bed, so I don't feel that the room was cleaned well at all. The room itself also felt poorly maintained, because the furniture and carpet in my room were quite tattered, and the wallpaper was beginning to peel in several places. Finally, I had a billing issue, because someone had purchased a canteen item at the front desk and billed it to my room.

I was on a quick business trip through Nashville, or I would have moved to a different hotel. The next time I visit my client, I will not be choosing this property or the eastside of Nashville in general.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank underwater337
Holt, Michigan
Reviewed August 23, 2012 via mobile

Hotel was nice. Price was good. Free WiFi. Only down was a small stench and small flying bugs.

The happy hour was bad on Monday they had beer but they poured it out of a 40oz. I've been to others where they had kegs.

Breakfast was decent.