“Spacious rooms, staff was hit and miss”

Residence Inn Nashville Airport
Ranked #79 of 155 Hotels in Nashville
“Spacious rooms, staff was hit and miss”
Reviewed May 16, 2012

Stayed here about a month so got to know the ins and out of this place pretty well. Here is my observation: front desk was ok, sometimes they acted like it was their first day there and did not know how to work anything. The rooms are big but old furnishings, sometimes the cleaning ladies are lazy had my room missed a couple of times and I have also been present during cleaning some clean better then others. The location is great, about 5 minute drive from airport. There is a waffle house you can walk to but there are restaurants within a 5-10 drive. One good thing was breakfast, they did have a nice spread and had these yogurt, fruit, granola cups they made themselves. It was good. I would rate this place as average and you'll get what you pay for.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Roominspektor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Virginia
Reviewed May 11, 2012

OK, so we stayed here with a group of 130 people. The staff was amazing! Breakfast was great! Lots of space in our rooms. Very clean! The grounds were kept up well.
Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
seattle
Reviewed May 9, 2012

I was staying at another hotel that when I arrived with my business packages to be sent out. I was told by the staff, that I could not (it was 10pm on Friday night) -and they laughed at me when I asked if they could help me find a solution. In driving to the next hotel which was the Residence Inn Marriott - they not only allowed me to ship my packages from their hotel, but helped me carry them in. If they provide that kind of service for someone NOT staying there - i can only imagine the service they provide those who do - My next trip to Nashville, I will definately be staying here - thank you again to an amazing staff!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Delaware
Reviewed May 3, 2012

We stayed at the above hotel for 2 nights. The property is well taken care of and the room was very clean. Yes, some wear but CLEAN. People were friendly and very helpful. Front desk personnel were excellent. Suggested a taxi to take us downtown and back and "Leroy" turn out to be an excellent suggestion. Highly recommend him. Location was good, only 5 miles fromt he Opry and easy driving to and from. I would recommend this location.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Sun City West, Arizona
Reviewed April 27, 2012

We loved the location since we'd never been to Nashville. It was an easy drive to downtown and the broadway experience.
Roomey, kind personnel, good breakfast. The only thing I would suggest is to ask for a room away from the road. Elm hill Pike road is a busy street.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Midwest
Reviewed April 23, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here one night in April 2012 while on our way to the Smoky Mountains. We chose this property because it is pet friendly and our usual stop-over location, Drury Inns & Suites, was full. Residence Inn will now be our first choice stop-over location for the following reasons:
Very clean
Softest bath towels of ANY hotel, period.
Adjustable shower head, curved shower curtain rod, PLENTY of hot water
Clean, comfortable bed with soft sheets
40% LESS expensive than Drury Inns & Suites
Hotel layout feels more like an apartment complex-so parking is close to your room, outside entrances eliminate hallway noise, no waiting on elevators
Is there room for improvement? Yes. The room furnishings are not new and a little tired looking. The breakfast buffet was just okay. The juice machine was out of order and they ran out of coffee.
In my opinion, this place gets 5 stars in the most important things that make a stay comfortable.

Stayed April 2012
East Alton, Illinois
Reviewed April 12, 2012

If you remember the first Residence Inn's they are groups of 4 -6 two story units spread out as a little village. This is one of the older ones and great. My room had a fireplace, full kitchen (with stove and oven) and room to strech out. I stay at a lot of Residence Inns and the new ones tend to be three or four story hotels and do not have the same full kitchens or the feeling of being in a village. I guess it is just too expensive to build them like the old ones now. Only really two less than desirable factors. This place is next to the airport and you hear the early morning flights. Second my door lock malfunctioned and the deadbolt remained open, thus the door would not shut. Fortunately this happened after I had a great breakfast and went back to my room to check out. All in all a great place to stay, clean, well maintained, excellent breakfast and a very nice ambiance.

Room Tip: Get a room in one of the back units, more privacy.