WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #12 of 156 Hotels in Nashville
Nashville, Tennessee
“Wknd Visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2014

This is a hotel I have stayed at several times for pleasure. Great location in downtown Nashville. Easy to walk to restaurants on Broadway/Second Avenue. Staff is nice in a reserved way. Rooms are clean and have been recently renovated. However, no extra blankets/pillows are placed in rooms. Asked for one on a previous stay and it was full of holes. Valet parking area is very small and limited. Bar is nice but has odd hours for serving cocktails. They are not available in the afternoon. Bar has varied closing hours depending on business. Starbuck in lobby is usually busy. Halls and elevator areas on floors on extremely cold. Other guests can be relatively noisy due to the party atmosphere of downtown Nashville close to this hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
      Cleanliness
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (585)
nc
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2014

The Renaissance in Nashville starts with a fantastic location. From our window, we could see the Ryman Auditorium next door, Tootsie's Orchid lounge and the main strip. Country Music Hall of Fame is withing walking distance and the Bridgestone Arena is right behind the hotel. The staff were friendly and helpful. The first thing you notice is the smiling valet staff as you pull into the hotel. Valet service was quick and our vehicle was always waiting for us as we made the call before hopping on the elevator. The facility is clean and our room was wonderful. The concierge staff helped out with a special request for a birthday surprise and made great suggestions for a local florist. The location is great, and you can enjoy the Honky-Tonks without worry of driving back. The area is safe and Nashville as a whole is a very clean city. You won't go wrong here.

Room Tip: We were on the 23rd floor and it allowed a great view of Nashville.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2014

I was there for 3 days. I like the hotel is close to everything.
Don't pay for parking you can park you car right across from the hotel for $10.
The concierge lounge was clean and very busy. Great food.
Speaking of food they have the best peach pie with vanilla ice cream salted I have ever tasted. Will most diff go back for that. I'm not sure why they don't warm it up I didn't like that it would be so much better.

The only the I didn't like was they didn't have much LifeTime nor could you move TV to hook up gaming systems. I would stay for a long visit. I need to be able to hook up ports to the TV to do special work out from my doctor.

But all over it was a great stay I would recommend and return.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are better
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Markham, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2014

Nicely furnished hotel conveniently located in the heart of Downtown Nashville. You can easily walk to Broadway to check out all the live music. On weekends there's a spike in people traffic for bachelor/bachelorette parties.

Room Tip: If you can get a good deal on a room ($160 or less), I'd recommend this hotel.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Janesville, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2014

This is a beautiful hotel. Not a far walk from Broadway. Its got some spectacular views of the downtown area. It does tend to be on the pricey side for a hotel stay.. however, you get what you pay for.

Room Tip: There are rooms overlooking Broadway
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
      Cleanliness
Tavares, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2014

I stayed here for a four day conference. The meals were provided by the hotel. Being a Celiac I have to watch my diet closely. The hotel prepared my dishes and kept them separate from the buffet lines. The food I received was hot and tasted very good. I had zero reactions to everything I ate. Thank you very much for catering to those of us with special diets!

My room was very clean and all the hotel staff I encountered were positive and friendly. Would happily stay there again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2014

This was our first stop on a 5 day tour of the South/Midwest and by far our favorite hotel! After a long drive our first order of business, room service. The food was excellent! By far the best room service we have had in a long time. Latrice was efficient and friendly, order arrived quickly. Later that evening we had the luck to meet John Spence who works security for the hotel. Being in hospitality myself I can say this...Marriott is very lucky to have this gentleman working with them. His customer service skills are beyond excellent. He is friendly, approachable, knowledgeable of the area and shares that knowledge, quick to respond to any concerns guests may have...need I say more? Thank you John and the rest of the Renaissance Nashville staff for making our first stop the most memorable, we look forward to our return and will stay nowhere else!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends