“First time to Nashville” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Renaissance Nashville Hotel

Renaissance Nashville Hotel
Ranked #11 of 155 Hotels in Nashville
“First time to Nashville”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014 via mobile

Our first trip to Nashville and what a fun 6 days :-) Loved our stay at the Renaissance....such great proximity to Broadway, state capital buildings, Ryman, Bridgestone Arena, ext. The Bridge lounge and staff were great, Bernadette is very friendly, informative and a fabulous waitress. Check in was nice and easy, all the staff very friendly and helpful.
My only complaints were the noise ~17th floor and it was as if all of Broadway was in our room! And I expected that our room would be cleaned and bed changed, rather than simply wiped down...the bathtub & toilet were never cleaned during our entire visit and I had to request our bed be changed! Lastly, I found it stupid that such a lovely hotel would charge for internet?!
All in all, we loved it here hI
When we come to Nashville, next, we will visit the Renaissance, for sure :-)

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Mark G, Manager at Renaissance Nashville Hotel, responded to this review, August 23, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and for providing your candid feedback. It sounds like you had a great time in downtown Nashville and were able to take in some of the local attractions. You provided some great suggestions and I will share those with our team, in order to better the overall experience for our guests in the future.
Thanks again for your post and we look forward to your return visit.

Director of Hotel Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (536)
Annapolis, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

Nice place for a break for breakfast and apps. Food and drink options offers even allowed me to eat as I am a vegetarian. Chelsea is great and very friendly. Hotel is lucky to have her! Lounge a bit too small for such a large hotel and not enough places to sit.

• Stayed August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 stars
WOW, thanks for the great shout out to Chelsea! She has just joined our Club Lounge team and is already making a great impact. I look forward to sharing your great comments with her.
Thanks for the post and come back often.

Trondheim
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

The hotel is located very close to all the live music bars on Nashville. The rooms are nice and clean. As usual on Marriott hotels in USA you don't get a room upgrade. We were two colleagues travelling and asked for a late checkout. I got one at 2 pm (platinum member) but my colleague had to check out at 1 pm (gold member) since that were the rules. Not much flexibilty and customer service here even if we asked at the same time at the front desk.

The restaurant is nice and the prices are reasonable

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
      Rooms
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Paal_Kri
Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay at The Renaissance Nashville Hotel, I am glad to hear you enjoyed our central location and that you were able to take in the sights and sounds of Music City. Please accept my apologies for not being able to honor your late check out request. I will share this feedback with our team in an effort to make acccommodations for future requests of this nature. Thank you for being our guest and I hope your travel plans bring you back to Nashville and our hotel soon.

Indianapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

This hotel was very beautiful inside. They have a Starbucks right in the hotel for all you caffeine junkies (limited hours, however, there are close coffee shops nearby). When I arrived the front desk staff was beyond helpful. They asked probing questions to determine my reason for visit and presented me with a map to give me barings as to hotel distances to various Nashville attractions. Me, being more unconventional in my tourism, wanted a more rugged experience and asked them for less touristy suggestions. They were equally thrilled to give me alternatives. The gentlemen working the front desk were refined but also not stuffy. They were able to successfully camoflauge and tailor their suggestions/mannerisms according to client, which I observed when I asked them for less touristy options.

My room had a wonderful view of the city, including Broadway music venues, which is literally a couple blocks away. I enjoyed the iPod docking station in the room for when I wanted to unwind a little or for when I wanted to pump up the music a little bit as I got a little dolled up for going out to the Broadway bars. Several times thoroughout my journeys through the lobby, the same front desk men asked me how it was going with the options they suggested. It was beyond a personal experience for me, which I sincerely enjoyed. I even spent about 20 minutes while the lobby traffic was low having some great conversation with David. He, especially, went out of his way to express his passion for travel. He exuded the warmth and kindness I have grown to love from my visits to Nashville.

The hotel has a nice sized cafe area. I didn't purchase anything from them to give you an idea of taste quality vs price. The option was nice, however.

I would recommend and stay at this hotel for the location alone, but having the warm people who work at this Marriott is like a cherry on top. Thanks so much for making my stay beyond memorable and enjoyable, to say the least!

Room Tip: Ask for city view on a higher floor for the best view
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for your very detailed post from your recent visit to our hotel. It sounds like our staff was able to go above and beyond to anticiapte your needs while finding some of the "hidden gems" in downtown Nashville. Thank you for recognizing David for his fantastic work, I will personally thank him for a job well done. Looking forward to your next visit.

Troy, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

I go to Nashville a few times a year and simply nothing compares now. We just stayed at this hotel again last week, this time I was with my family (typically with friends/colleagues), and I must say this is the BEST hotel in terms of service, staff, beds, concierge and concierge lounge. We were greeted as we always are here, made to feel special and important. Special thanks to Marques and Ashley at the front desk for providing us superior service. They are really the best I have seen, they always go the extra mile to make sure we feel welcome. 'G' drove us to midtown and picked us up which is an excellent service. Also the beds here are true heaven. you really don't want to get up! I had the best night's sleep that I have had in weeks. We had a great breakfast and snacks in the concierge lounge.thank you again Renaissance, you have truly set the bar and spoiled me! Have to mention the location, which is also outstanding.. we walked to the honkey tonks which are right around the corner. Cant wait to go back!!

Room Tip: Concierge levels are amazing. love the views from the high floors.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

When first entering my room for a long day of travel I was sooooooo happy to see the plush bed and the very pleasant clean smell. This only continued when after work I visited the RLife Live Resturant and met Claudette - what a pleasant and kind soul. She recommendation of the Honey Bourbon Chipolte Wings was absolutley on point. Yes Bourbon Chipotle!!! Holy Moley!! We had a 15 minute conversation about these things and her passionate was apparent. Even my wife doesn't talk to me that long. Thank you for a great stay & experience

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank jhernandez64
Your found and expereinced our Bridge! Proabably one of the coolest bars in downtown Nashville, with great food, beverage and service. Claudette is one of a kind and I appreciate you recognizing her efforts. We have an entire calendar of events to include live music in The Bridge, so please come back often and enjoy.

All the best

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014 via mobile

During my extended stay at the hotel, I frequented the Bridge to pick up dinner and head back up to the room. The staff of Claudette, Laura, and Justin are Outstanding. They are incredibly responsive and anticipate my needs in order to provide a more pleasant experience. They know it is not always easy traveling and being away from my family, and they always remained positive and uplifting to help ensure my stay felt a little closer to Home!!! They are a great group, and I appreciate the quality of care they extend. I certainly know my wife was appreciative to know I was in such good hands.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for being our guest and for joining us in The Bridge. It sounds like the team took great care of you and you have plenty of great stories to tell. I look forward to personally thanking this team for making your experience very memorable.
Thanks again for being our guest and let us know when you plan to return.