“Great location, superb service”

Renaissance Nashville Hotel
Ranked #12 of 157 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Had a few nights of business in downtown Nashville, used Priceline, as every downtown location was charging +200$, got a great deal and gave it a shot. Easy valet parking, but pricey. Super easy check in and very nice room with a view of the football stadium and downtown Nashville. I would repeat the stay for sure.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Mark G, Manager at Renaissance Nashville Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experiences from your recent visit. We love to hear feedback from all of our guests, it is truly the only way we can improve our hotel for the future. Please let us know how we can further assist you with reservations back at our hotel.
Have a fantastic summer.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

I thought this was a first-rate hotel, nice accommodations, friendly helpful staff, good hotel restaurant, I would definitely stay here again. Excellent location to walk to downtown Nashville. Stayed for a Civil War Conference and the activities at the hotel were also terrific. The only negatives for me were that one day the housekeeper didn't vacuum the room as a plastic wrapper was still on the floor and one day there was hot water coming out of the cold water faucet in the bathroom but it was fixed quickly.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Mark G, Manager at Renaissance Nashville Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent comments. I was glad to hear that your stay was "Excellent in every way". I did note the couple of room issues that you encountered and will quickly follow up with our Director of Housekeeping to ensure steps are taken to correct in the future. Thanks again for your candid feedback and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

This hotel sits in an excellent location downtown. For those complaining about the price, you're not only paying for the Renaissance brand but more importantly paying for the location. If your wallet can swing it, it's worth it. Keep in mind this is a very loud hotel with a lot going on all over. There was a concert going on at the time, so people were coming in at all hours of the night and I called the front desk to ask them to quiet down the room next door. Of course they can't MAKE them be quiet at 4:00am but they did all they could do and the next morning I had a coupon for a free Starbucks and free breakfast. Totally unexpected! When something goes wrong with your stay, it's important to be reasonable and ask yourself what the hotel at least tried to do about it, then from an opinion. Menu items or drinks being too expensive isn't a reason to give a place a bad review. It's a Renaissance! The Day inn will be cheaper but you'll probably hate your stay!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Great to hear you loved our central location the convenience of being within walking distance of just about every spot in downtown Nashville. let me apologize for the noise disturbance during your stay, I was excited to hear that our Loss Prevention team was efficient in responding to your concern and even left you a little surprise for the next morning. There is alway something going on in Music City, and I hope you make a return visit quickly!!

Reviewed June 16, 2014

For $300 a night plus $35 for parking, I expect a little more. You really can't beat the location, so we were happy with being able to walk everywhere. However, the rooms are small & the bathrooms smaller. There is often a line for the elevators - both waiting to go up & if you happen to be in the middle floors - trying to catch an elevator down at a busy time. We also struggled with the A/C...we had it set very low at night, but it kept turning off completely and the room would get warm, no fan or anything.
Also, the pool is indoor, with doors opening outside to a patio area. It's definitely nothing speical if you are interested in spending some time relaxing at the pool. The fitness center is very nice, though, good size with a nice amount of equipment.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends

Thank you for your candid feedback regarding your recent visit to our hotel. We truly enjoy and welcome learnings from our guest's stay, for this is the only way for us to improve upon our operation. I would definitely love to hear more about your stay and see what changes we can potentially make to improve for the future. If you have time, I can be reached at mark.giovetti@renhotels.com, where we can continue our conversation to ensure any outstanding issues have been resolved. I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed June 14, 2014

My mom, sister and I started coming to Nashville every year for the CMA Music festival 4 years ago. The Renaissance was our hotel 3 of those 4 times. It's a great location, located only a block from the Broadway Street festivities and walking distance to LP Field. I remember the first year (2011) we were able to get a honeymoon package with our room which included two free breakfast buffets every morning and a bottle of champagne with chocolate covered strawberries upon our arrival. We would just do the buffet every morning and only have to pay for one. We had Driton for our server almost every morning and he was awesome! I couldn't make it the second year because I had training for work but my mom and sister still did and said he remembered them from the year before. When we saw him this year we didn't think he'd recognize us because it was two years since we had seen him last. Not only did he remember us, but he asked me how my new job was! My mom and sister must have mentioned the reason for my absence the last time. Driton is definitely a great asset for the Renaissance brand.

We will be back to visit Driton, however, we will be exploring other options for next years CMA Festival. The price for the rooms have nearly doubled since our first stay!! Plus, there is no more honeymoon package. I have paid less to stay at a Hyatt, in a suite, in Hawaii, on the beach. It is ridiculous how they have gouged the prices for that weekend. Plus, we booked it super early only to find out someone who got a last minute room was paying $150 less/night than us. The rooms do seem like they were remodeled, which was nice, but the pillows were horrible!! None of us slept well the entire time and we asked for their foam pillows thinking they would help, they didn't. I travel for work 3-4 days a week so I'm always at a hotel and I can honestly say these pillows were one of the worst I have ever had.

Room Tip: Bring your own pillows
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Michelle R

Excellent feedback on your stay and thank you for being with us for 2014 CMA Music Fest. Driton is certainly one of our superstars, and I was pleased to read that he remembered you from years past. Great comments on the pillows and we agree with you, in fact we are just about complete with upgrading all pillows in every one of our newly 673 guest rooms. I hope you change your mind and allow us to have you as our guest for future years. I realize the rates have grown over the years, however with you really cannot beat our location and hotel amenities in downtown Nashville. I look forward to seeing you next year.

Reviewed June 14, 2014

We stayed during CMA fest. Well located for downtown and the honky tonks, I recommend this hotel to anyone heading to Nashville for business or pleasure.

One of the few negatives was that breakfast was expensive (although there is a decent coffee shop less than a block away).

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us during this year's CMA Music Festival. Nashville had a great crowd of people and it has turned into one of the largest Music Festivals in the country. Reservations for next year should open very soon and I look forward to having you back again. Thanks for the great comments and enjoy your summer.

Regards

Reviewed June 13, 2014

We stayed here during the CMA Music Festival and had an excellent experience. The staff just were amazing and so helpful. We especially had great service from Wally (guard), David (all over the hotel) and Debra and Jennifer in the concierge lounge. They made it a great experience.

The elevators were so much better this year, thereby greatly reducing congestion after the show each night.

Room Tip: Our room overlooked the pool area
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Mark G, Manager at Renaissance Nashville Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2014

Thank you for being our guest during 2014 CMA Music Festival. It was a great week and I was excited to read that you truly enjoyed your visit to our hotel. You personal shout out to Wally, David, Deboarh and Jennifer is much appreciated and I look forward to personally thanking them for taking great care of you. We look forward to your return for 2015 CMA, it should be bigger and even better than this year. Thanks again for your positive comment.