“Very nice place to stay”

Renaissance Nashville Hotel
Ranked #11 of 155 Hotels in Nashville
Mobile, Alabama, United States
“Very nice place to stay”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

This hotel is blocks away form downtown Nashville and has a Starbucks inside the hotel. The rooms are very nice with just a few problems. The shower is built where you actually have to get inside the shower to turn the water on. This provides a cold blast while waiting for the water to heat up. The heat in the building does not work well. I had my thermostat up to 78 and was freezing. The meeting rooms we used also was freezing and the thermostat was on 75. Beyond these few flaws the hotel is very nice and well located.

Room Tip: The higher room provide a good view of downtown Nashville.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (649)
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed March 13, 2014

I have worked in offices on top of this hotel for more than 20 years. I believe that the hotel's quality has grown over that time. It has a great general manager.
Our family had a wedding party stay at the Renaissance, and they left with nothing but glowing things to say about their experience. The hotel, its staff and the location near Nashville's vibrant Lower Broadway all combine to make it a great choice in Music City.
Most of my interaction with the hotel is during the several days a week when I have lunch at the Bridge Lounge. It is reasonably priced, offers a different home-style meal each day and has a variety of sandwich choices.
What makes the Bridge extra special, however, is the great service and attitude from Margie and Amanda, who staff this eatery. They greet everyone like family and go the extra mile to make sure you are happy with your meal. Prices are very reasonable, too.
Check this place out for lunch.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
charlotte
Reviewed March 10, 2014

We booked one night at Renaissance hotel for my dad's birthday trip. We had a such a wonderful time, thanks to Ms. Chelsea at the front desk. She was so polite and professional. It was such a great great experience. We stayed another Marriot property near Opry a night before since we went to the show, We had a horrible experince. We should have booked 2 nights at Renaissance !!. Ms. Chelsea went above and beyond providing all tips about downtown and even gave my daughter a candy. My daughter was talking about how nice she was even after our trip. Every hotel needs Somebody like Ms. Chelea. Thank you again!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Stayed here several times while visiting Nashville. We haven't found a hotel that has a better location for visiting the bars on Broadway. The rooms have been recently renovated. The service from the front desk to the Starbucks to the Bridge Bar was excellent!

Room Tip: We upgraded to a king deluxe corner room for an extra $30. It was a good deal.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Wayne, New Jersey
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Dan Popp was extremely helpful and friendly. He is an employee of the hotel and gave us excellent advise regarding which restaurants to dine at and what activities to do while we were in the area.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Bluebell pa
Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

Great conference this year hotel very very nice love the Peewee Herman pillows
Great staff on the front desk Kelsey was great with my check in.and Lp officer Miller suggestion to the bridge was right on the money.Thank Justin really need that good time after that bad travel day.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Johnson City, Tennessee
Reviewed March 8, 2014

This hotel is in a great location -- the perfect spot for our mid-week getaway! We only had a couple of nights to spend in Nashville so we wanted a hotel close to all the downtown spots we wanted to visit. Bridgestone Arena, many restaurants, and honky tonks are within easy walking distance. Hotel staff were friendly and efficient during the check-in/check-out procedures. We didn't encounter any problems with elevator wait time. The room decor was modern and tasteful. The beds were not the most comfortable I've slept in, but were sufficient. We were on the 9th floor so our view wasn't that great, but I'm sure the upper floors offer some spectacular views!

I'm giving this hotel a 4 instead of a 5 for 2 reasons: 1) The bathroom shower curtain had a large, black smudge on it when we arrived. 2) Housekeeping arrived early in the morning -- I think it was before 8:30. My husband had stepped out of the room and I was trying to get ready. I called through the door and asked her to come back later. She said okay, but came back within 5 minutes and knocked again. I called through the door again and told her I needed her to come back later. My husband then saw her waiting out in the hallway and told her it would be at least an hour. I understand that this is a large hotel and that housekeeping must start cleaning rooms early. However, we were traveling for leisure -- not business -- and wanted to sleep in and take our time before heading out the door to explore the city. I have never stayed at any other hotel where housekeeping knocked on the door that early in the morning. This was not even enough time to allow us both to shower and get ready. This was a minor annoyance and wouldn't discourage me from staying at the hotel in the future... but I will make sure to put up the "privacy" sign to hopefully discourage from being disturbed early again.

If you don't want to pay for valet parking, you can self-park in the garage across the street for only $10 per day. You can enter the hotel from the 4th floor and walk right in to the bridge lounge.

Overall, I highly enjoyed my stay and would recommend this hotel to others. If you're looking for a hotel in a great location close to the downtown attractions, you will not be disappointed!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple