“Great location!”

Ranked #11 of 155 Hotels in Nashville
Johnson City, Tennessee
“Great location!”
Reviewed March 8, 2014

This hotel is in a great location -- the perfect spot for our mid-week getaway! We only had a couple of nights to spend in Nashville so we wanted a hotel close to all the downtown spots we wanted to visit. Bridgestone Arena, many restaurants, and honky tonks are within easy walking distance. Hotel staff were friendly and efficient during the check-in/check-out procedures. We didn't encounter any problems with elevator wait time. The room decor was modern and tasteful. The beds were not the most comfortable I've slept in, but were sufficient. We were on the 9th floor so our view wasn't that great, but I'm sure the upper floors offer some spectacular views!

I'm giving this hotel a 4 instead of a 5 for 2 reasons: 1) The bathroom shower curtain had a large, black smudge on it when we arrived. 2) Housekeeping arrived early in the morning -- I think it was before 8:30. My husband had stepped out of the room and I was trying to get ready. I called through the door and asked her to come back later. She said okay, but came back within 5 minutes and knocked again. I called through the door again and told her I needed her to come back later. My husband then saw her waiting out in the hallway and told her it would be at least an hour. I understand that this is a large hotel and that housekeeping must start cleaning rooms early. However, we were traveling for leisure -- not business -- and wanted to sleep in and take our time before heading out the door to explore the city. I have never stayed at any other hotel where housekeeping knocked on the door that early in the morning. This was not even enough time to allow us both to shower and get ready. This was a minor annoyance and wouldn't discourage me from staying at the hotel in the future... but I will make sure to put up the "privacy" sign to hopefully discourage from being disturbed early again.

If you don't want to pay for valet parking, you can self-park in the garage across the street for only $10 per day. You can enter the hotel from the 4th floor and walk right in to the bridge lounge.

Overall, I highly enjoyed my stay and would recommend this hotel to others. If you're looking for a hotel in a great location close to the downtown attractions, you will not be disappointed!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank haley614

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (649)
Wayne City, IL
Reviewed March 7, 2014

We are Platinum Elite IHG card holders, so we used some of our many points to stay here. So glad my husband picked this hotel for our stay! This hotel was perfect for our weekend getaway. Our King suite was well furnished and super clean! The bed was extra comfy, just how we like it!! The view from our room was amazing! It's within walking distance to the strip which we liked. The service was great. Overall a wonderful place to stay! Will stay here again when in the area!!

Room Tip: Any room on the 23rd floor has a wonderful view!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Great Hotel! I have been staying there 12 years for CRS. Everyone is so accomodating and friendly. Our company buys at least a dozen rooms and Suite. I have never had a problem that could not be fixed. Even after a stay, they make sure that everything was to our liking.

Room Tip: Make sure that you check with hotel that when stay is during a convention, hotel room should not b...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed March 5, 2014

on a cold March night, while on a business trip... I ended my evening with a night cap in the lounge and was very impressed with the service I received from Ainsley. Friendly and professional... great service. The decor and view from the lounge was also very pleasant...

St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed March 4, 2014

The hotel was top rate but the service we received from Ainsley was extraordinary!! Ainsley was very pleasant, upbeat, and positive. She was attentive the minute we sat down and continued to be attentive to our party throughout our stay.

I would highly recommend Ainsley for employee of the month and whatever incentive the Renaissance Hotel deems appropriate for this level of quality service.

Jim Schreiber

Room Tip: Corner suites are best although all rooms are clean and pleasant.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed March 4, 2014

e have eaten several times in the only restaurant in the Renaisance and were very impressed by the food, but most especially by the servers and staff. Jarod, our service manager was wonderful. He recommended sights to see and gave us directions, as well as telling us about the menu and providing special seating for our large group. Le was our waitress at several meals, and she is a joy to have around. She recommended dishes, filled our needs and kept us in stitches.

We were very happy with the consierge service and the door service as well. We ere provided with coupons for local entertainment and eateries and got cabs in mere seconds.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the elevators and you'll also get early cleaning service. The free wifi is...
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Well-placed hotel near the new Music City Center. Hotel staff was SUPERB! Maybe it's just me, but the hotel decor was a bit dated and gaudy. However, the food was good and the room was very comfortable. I guess the most important thing is that I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
RenaissanceNash... M, Manager at Renaissance Nashville Hotel, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Robert M-Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments about the Renaissance Nashville. I am glad our staff was surpurb! We hope your travels will bring you back to Nashville and you will choose the Renaissance.
Jennifer Frandsen-Manager Room Operations