WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #12 of 156 Hotels in Nashville
Sydney, Australia
“Good deal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

I got this room as a Priceline bid, making it good value. The hotel was clean and modern as you would expect from this Marriott brand. Its a large 'convention' hotel that is attached to the Nashville convention centre, and is well located and within easy walking distance from major attractions. The standard room was reasonably sized. I got a room mid-way up the hotel which offered good views of the area, I can imagine views from the higher floors of the hotel are very impressive.

Parking via valet is offered, but cheaper parking is also available across the road in the 24 hour self parking facility. The upper level of the self parking facility is attached directly to the hotel which is convenient.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (585)
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

If you find yourself needing to be in Nashville and you can secure a good rate, then there's nothing terribly wrong with the Renaissance. It's just that for me, it's just OK (and not my favorite in Nashville). I'd read that the elevators were slow, so when I was asked at check-in if I'd prefer a room on a high floor (and I did appreciate the question), I mentioned what I'd heard. I was assured that five elevators were brand new and that wait time shouldn't be an issue. In fairness, I was there during a very busy conference. But when trying to come down from my room, I found that I always waited...and waited...and waited. I found the bed to be too hard and tremendously uncomfortable, which may be a matter of taste. Also a matter of taste - the temperature in the hallways was kept at 74 degrees, which seemed far too warm (maybe if I hadn't spent so much time in those hallways waiting for the elevators, I wouldn't have cared!).

In short, I didn't find anything particularly objectionable about the Renaissance. People were nice, rate was reasonable, location was good. Just wasn't blown away.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
RenaissanceNash... M, Manager at Renaissance Nashville Hotel, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
onthelanai-Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments about the Renaissance Nashville, I apologize your stay wasn’t up to ours or your standards. We have just finished a modernization of our elevators and you shouldn’t have to wait…and wait…and wait, I will be happy to look into the elevators, your bed and also the temperature in the hallway. If you would let me know what room you were in and the dates of your stay I will be happy to get some answers for you. My email is Jennifer.frandsen@renaissancehotels.com
Jennifer Frandsen-Manager Room Operations
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

Karen in the Commerce street grill was fantastic, enjoyable and made a delicious omelette. I would recommend you stop by and have one of her omelettes on your next stay. I am local and live in the area and Renaissance Nashville is an awesome place!

• Stayed February 2014
Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014

So we here at the renaissance hotel wow nice hotel but I could Do with out the few Roaches on the freaking bed pillow and lamp shade...and the broken heater in the indoor pool enjoyed swiming the few minutes we were there..oh and maybe its just me I haven't beenout lately or something but no free breakfast anymore and they have the nerves to out s bottled water look the stand for $5.00 if you open it. ..its charged to your credit card

• Stayed February 2014
Yorktown, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

In spite of a problem with my booking from our travel agent, the staff worked through it. Great facility and super location -- around corner from Ryman and a block from Broadway. Room was recently renovated and nicely appointed. My compliments

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Guntersville, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014

We always try to stay with Marriott and even more excited to stay here because of its great location and excellent staff. This location is just around the corner from some of the best night life in the south.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Hendersonville, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014

I work in the penthouse offices at the Renaissance and visit the bridge frequently. Amanda and Margie are absolutely AWESOME! They are so sweet and personable, every restaurant should have a staff that cares this much about their patrons!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business