“Close to everything you'd want in downtown Nashville”

Renaissance Nashville Hotel
Ranked #11 of 157 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed November 9, 2013

I was in town with a friend for the CMA award show. We wound up staying here and because of his Marriott affiliation, we were upgraded to the concierge level. The hotel has 25 floors and is attached to the Convention Center (not to be confused with the Music City Center a few blocks away). Check-in went smoothly. The room, with 2 queen sized beds, was a bit small, but was otherwise well appointed. The room had a safe, mini-fridge, coffeemaker, iron and ironing board all as standard equipment. The only real complaint about all those items is the fridge did not keep things very cold.
On the concierge level, there is a room dedicated to the needs of the guests. In that room, breakfast is available (not made to order, but there is a hot entree, a variety of juices and fruit, as well as bagels and other baked goods. The coffee is made by a machine that grinds the beans and will make a variety of types of coffee. The coffee was hot, but the time needed to make each cup is longer than having pots already available.
There is a dining area on the first floor, as well as another space on the 3rd floor. I did not use either of those. There is a gift shop, which closes before 11, which I also did not visit. There are soda machines on most floors, but no other vending machines. Check out was as easy as check in was.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
RenaissanceNash... M, General Manager at Renaissance Nashville Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2013

Jimc1956-Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments about the Renaissance Nashville. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay during the CMA award show and were able to enjoy the club lounge upgrade. We hope your travels will bring you back to Nashville and you will choose the Renaissance Nashville.

There are newer reviews for Renaissance Nashville Hotel

Reviewed November 8, 2013

I thought the hotel could have done a bit better with their service. I was never offered help with my bags and ended up transferring to a different hotel because of problems with management. The property was nice. But you are paying for the location more than anything else.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
RenaissanceNash... M, General Manager at Renaissance Nashville Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

246johnnyboy-I would like to first off thank you for leaving your comments and I would like to apologize for the lack of service you received while staying with us. I would like to speak with you about your experiences while staying with us please feel free to contact me john.fleming@reniassancehotels.com.
John Fleming-General Manger

Reviewed November 7, 2013

I've been coming here a couple times a year for the last 8 years. They are redoing the rooms and I stayed in one of them recently. A very nice upgrade to the dated rooms. Great location. The staff are very friendly, with a nice reception at the front desk upon check in.

Room Tip: During the CMA and Fanfare weeks, choose a room facing north, not facing Broadway, unless you really...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank utahrigger

utahrigger-Thank you for leaving your comments about the Renaissance Nashville. It’s nice to hear you stay with us often and this trip you were able to experience one of our newly renovated rooms. I am happy to hear our staff is very friendly during your stay. We hope to see you again, soon!
John Fleming-General Manger

Reviewed November 5, 2013

This was our first visit to Nashville so we had no idea where to stay. Being a part of the Marriott we knew details were going to high and service exceptional. From the location to the warm welcome from Ashley at the front desk. She was very helpful from taking care of my room request to getting around town. Cathryn in concierge made us feel special and will always appreciate her thoughtfulness.
The recently renovated rooms were very comfortable along with a feeling of WOW what a nicely decorated and clean room.
Thanks for the great southern hospitality. Can't recall staying at a hotel and finding that we remembered the names of the staff-right down to our bell girl Jacqueline.

Room Tip: Caring staff - location - newly decorated floors.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Shirley S
RenaissanceNash... M, General Manager at Renaissance Nashville Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

Shirley S-Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments about the Renaissance Nashville. I am glad to hear about your great experience with us. I will make sure to tell Ashley, Cathryn and Jacqueline thank you for taking such great care of you during your stay. I am also happy to hear you were able to enjoy one of our newly renovated rooms.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

I am employee of Southwest Airlines. My crew arrived at hotel on 11/3 in the mid afternoon. We had a long day, kinda tired and mostly hungry. Limited menu in the bar, but by the time we had enjoyed a glass a wine the bartender, Garth, told us that his chef, Keenan, had arrived early and would be able to prepare a salad for us. That was such a nice gesture of customer service. Our salads were fabulous. But more was the extension of customer service. Also, in conversation, the restaurant manager, Novel, came and talked with us. Gave us great information about the upcoming music festival and. Even printed out a flyer about the event that occurred today..

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank gpat54

gpat54-Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments about the Renaissance Nashville. It sounds like Garth and Keenan were able to get you taken care of after a long day. I am glad to hear Novel was able to speak with you during your lunch too. We hope your flights will bring your back to the Renaissance Nashville.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Ok, I stay in hotels at least 3 times a week, this hotel staff was beyond the best I have ever encountered!! Be sure to visit with Garth at the Lobby Bar, try some awesome food from Keena, and listen to any travel tips from Novel! All three. Went hove and beyond, tans for making my Nashville Tay an excellent one!!!!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dixie G-Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments about the Renaissance Nashville. It sounds like Garth and Keenan are always taking care of you! I am glad to hear Novel was able to give you great travel trips. We hope your flights will bring your back to the Renaissance Nashville.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Garth was so friendly and nice. He gave great service and went above and beyond his job description. CMA was the weekend we were there and he looked up tickets to purchase for us, played music on his personal I-pad, and engaged us in conversation the whole time. Great service with a smile!!!

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Stephwar

Stephwar-Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments about the Renaissance Nashville. I am glad to hear Garth was able to take such great care of you during your stay. I hope your travels bring you back to Nashville and you will stay at the Renaissance.