“Middle of Nasville Action”

Renaissance Nashville Hotel
Ranked #10 of 155 Hotels in Nashville
Chicopee
“Middle of Nasville Action”
Reviewed June 29, 2008

Nice place that is right in the middle of downtown -- Ryman, County Music Hall of Fame and Sommet Center.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — $2.00 bottles of water
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank ChicopeeJoe

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (656)
North Carolina
Reviewed June 12, 2008

We stayed for a few nights with friends who had booked rooms here during the CMA Music Festival (FanFair) and the main complaint I have is the rooms are tiny! You get four girls and all of their stuff in one room and you can hardly walk. We needed a cot but there was no way to fit one in the room. For the outrageous fees ($379. plus fees per night) for this room you should at least have a refrigerator, which they dont. The furnishings and colors are great, comfortable beds, and you cannot beat the location, but I probably will not stay here again due to the price and the crampy feel of the rooms.

• Liked — The location
  • Disliked — No refrigerators in room, small room
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with friends
Miami, FL
Reviewed June 11, 2008

This is a wonderful hotel with a convenient parking (4-6 dollars a day) garage connected to the hotel by a stunning walkway. Don't bother taking your car in and out because you can walk everywhere from here. There is a Starbucks in the colorful lobby as well as two other dining options. The comfortable, well appointed rooms have a stunning view of Nashville. We were on the 21st floor and kept the curtains open most of the time so we could enjoy the magnificent view. Who said the elevators were slow? Not my experience at all. In fact there are 6 glass evelvators running smoothly all of the time. The Greyline tour (Discover Nashville, 45 dollars for adults) picked us right up at our hotel and delivered us back at the end. Later on we walked down to the Wildhorse Saloon for chicken and ribs and line dancing with my two teenagers. They had such a great time here.
One more thing I must mention is that I needed to refrigerate my medication and the staff had a refrigerator sent right up to the room..no charge. this really was a delightful, caring hotel.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Access to car is a bit inconvenient. Best to park it and forget about it.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank trishnmiller
Louisville, KY
Reviewed May 20, 2008

I stayed at this hotel on 2/27/08 as part of a business meeting. I arrived around 4 PM and left at 8:30 the next morning with Folio in hand. When I received my credit card statement there was a $250 charge for Room Recovery> I called the hotel tyo get an explanation and they said the room had been smoked in (this is a non-smoking establishment). I can honestly say that I never smoked in the room as I do not have an extra $250 laying around. I told the business office that there was no smoking in the room while I was there, but they said they found an empty box of cigarettes and a lighter oin the table and that meant I smoked in the room. Actually I was able to tell them the exact brand and color of lighter. They absolutely refused to remove the charge nor would they provide me with a lsit of the key card accesses to the room. I disputed the charge with my credit card company b ut since I signed the registration card, Marriott can charge anything they want to your card. I stay over 60 nights a year in hotels and Marriott just lost all of my business to Hilton. I am filing a report with the BBB and the Attorney General in Tennessee as they have no proof other than an empty box and a lighter. Beware of this establishment.

• Liked — Locationm
  • Disliked — Obstinent Staff, Erroneous Charges
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
Honolulu, HI
Reviewed May 19, 2008

Stayed for about a week for a business trip. Great hotel for conferences, food was also OK. Close to downtown, music scene, Jacks BBQ, and Vandebilt U. Conference rooms & service was excellent. Rooms were pretty good for this type of hotel. It was large, so there were a few conferences going on at the same time. Had a bunch of kids there at the same time for a music conference, so a bit noisy, crowded and not the best time to be sharing a hotel. I liked the food there. We did go out to a dinner at Stockyard restaurant a short distance away that was excellent. The hotel is great for business travelers.

• Liked — Close to music scene
  • Disliked — Bad valet parking location, hard to reverse in/out
  • Stayed April 2008
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed May 14, 2008

Stayed here for a wedding recently. This hotel is in a great location, walking distance from everything. The lobby is art deco like and there are a multitude of elevators to get you to your room. Check in and check out was simple. The parking attendants were absolutely fantastic about giving directions, finding restaurants, and getting cabs. They even suggested parking across the street for $4 as opposed to $25 for valet parking if we did not need our car frequently. The rooms were standard marriott affair-clean, organized, comfortable and tasteful decorated. The hotel bathroom showers are a little dated but that is my only complaint. For location, conveniance, price and an overall good stay, consider the Renaissance.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Shower
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
2 Thank HawkeyeGoose
park city, ut
Reviewed April 22, 2008

I stayed here during a girls' weekend in April and had a wonderful time. It's a beautiful hotel in a perfect location for enjoying the city restaurants, bars and attractions. We were able to walk everywhere. The rooms were really nice and clean and the beds were awesome! Conveniently there is a Starbucks in the lobby as well as full service restaurant. The doormen were very helpful in calling us cabs when necessary and even recommended some restaurants to eat at.

I only have two little complaints- we only had hot water coming out of the sinks in the bathrooms (in all 3 rooms). We didn't bother mentioning it to the front desk, so I can't complain too much! The breakfast buffet in the restaurant was only o.k. and many of the items ran out and did not get refilled. I ended up ordering off the menu, which was delicious, but with juice and coffee added, was more expensive than the buffet, $25 vs. $19 (after tax, before tip).

All in all, I would highly recommend staying at this downtown hotel!!

• Liked — Location and beds!
  • Disliked — Restaurant
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with friends