“Commerce Street Grille”

Ranked #12 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
San Diego, California
“Commerce Street Grille”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

My co-workers and had had the best dinner at the Commerce Street Grille on Wednesday, April 30, 2013. The food was delicious, the service was impeccable and the atmosphere was amazing!.. Harold Summer, Kenna and Cody did an amazing job taking care of all three of us. When we didn't finish our meal, they offered to box it up and send it to our room, they even had a refrigerator put in the room for us.

Room Tip: The views were amazing!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (625)
New Bern, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

This hotel was in a great location only blocks away from the action. This hotel needs some major updating and repairs. The room looked old and worn out but the worst part was the elevators. There were 6 elevators to support 25 floors but only half of the elevators were working. Every time we left our room we waited 5 minutes for an elevator to open that was already full of people. For the price of this hotel, Marriott should be ashamed of this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

We wouldn't stay here again. There simply isn't enough elevators to deal with the hotel crowds which means long waits. Valet parking during early evening was similarly annoying. Our room was small with very little room to unpack our family of four. Bathroom was average but missing a hair dryer. TV was full of static. The hotel had limited dining options given its large size. The pool was freezing!! We stayed on the 24th floor but still heard a lot of noise from outside. The only open outlet in the room was the bathroom.

On the plus side, the front desk staff presented as friendly and helpful. My little boys also loved the glass elevators despite the long wait for them. The hotel is in a nice location.

• Stayed June 2013
Great Bend, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

Rooms were extremely clean, and quiet. Only thing was that their elevators took forever (I was on 25th floor). In their defense, they are currently updating the lift systems so this will be resolved soon. Food on "the bridge" was awesome and the entire staff was great.

• Stayed June 2013
Naperville, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

This is the second time we have stayed at this location. All been stated before. The location is perfect if you want to be in the center of it all in Nashville. The lounge and staff that run it are second to none. As we all know, the lounge is generally closed on the weekends but they set up a larger conf room on 3 to accommodate all the guests that were there for the CMAFEST on Thursday and kept it open through the weekend. FANTASTIC. They even had security near the entrance to screen out folks without status or that did not pay for access through their room rate. Crowded the whole time but the team managed it well. We needed a refrigerator, no problem. Asked for a quieter room (I know, it was CMAFEST Weekend) and got one. Staff is very attentive. And the valet parking staff, top notch, quick, and very helpful with bags, directions, and overall great moods (it was crazy there for 6 days!).

Many portions of the hotel can use some renovation and they are making progress (won't keep us away from the property). My biggest complaint is the elevators. We stayed here last spring and again this last week/weekend and the problem is the same (big crowds or not). The elevators are slowwwwwwwwww and many times out of service. They really need to get this under control (14 months between stays and still a problem?).

Otherwise, I would not hesitate in the least bit recommending this property to anyone coming the Nashville. We stayed at the Union Station in September 2012 (Carrie Underwood Blown Away at the Bridgestone). Nice property, a lot of character but walls paper thin and not as central a location (but very nice).

Have fun Y'all!

Room Tip: If you like to see it all and even hear music, ask for a view of the Bridgestone arena and lower Bro...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
New Haven, Connecticut, Usa
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

My colleagues and I stayed for a conferences and three of us share a room for three nights and one of us stay for two days extra. When the first one checked out, the receptionist can't straight out the bill so she divided the bill in two. Well, then, each of us will pay for one night end up the same. So, when I checked out, I paid my portion and asked the front desk to take out my name in the reservation after I checked out. However, five days later, when I opened up my credit card account, the card was charged three more extra nights which I was not even there. I called, but the accountant told me that since I was the one make the reservation, I was responsible for bill. Also, they do not know whose credit cards were on file, so they tried the first one, and that person called to remove the charge, and they only have two cards on file, I am the one responsible for the whole bill even I totally checked out since I am the one who make the reservation!! Also, they charged a breakfast even before any of us checked into the room and refuse to take off the charge.

Also, the elevators were horrible. Five elevators but three of them were not working and we needed to wait for 20 minutes for the ride from 10+ floors to come down to the conference center. Besides, the stairs did not have access to 4th floor or above, the same as not able to come out from higher floors by using stairs.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Wei Ti C
Slingerlands, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

Often in reviews the issue of service comes up, and the closely related issue of friendliness of the staff. Many hotels, even on the upper end are lacking in that quality.

The people here were extremely nice, helpful and friendly. I usually use the "greeting test", ie what percentage of the staff greets you when you go by. They were great. I have to thank Ashley who checked us in, and left a hand written note under the door offering to help if she could. Justin who e-mailed in advance to see if we needed anything, and Yasser, the breakfast waiter.

Our room was a bit small, but comfortable for 3. Two comfortable queen beds, desk, good TV. The concierge lounge was fantastic, and Cathryn was helpful and lovely. Perfect people person for this job! She made you feel as if you were in her living room! Food was plentiful, drinks reasonable.

The hotel is in the middle of everything, with great views of the wonderful Nashville architecture. Short walk to the Capitol, Broadway (nightlife, restaurants) Ryman Auditorium, State Museum, etc.

I would love to return to the city and the hotel!

Room Tip: Ask for a view overlooking the library courtyard, with a view of the "Batman" building.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family