“Awesome staff” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #14 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Awesome staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

Recently my wife and I stayed at the Renaissance for a conference. This hotel is fantastic and is just a 5-7 mins walk to the happening music street! We would like to give a shout out to Marina at the front desk who is just awesome and Fatima our cleaning lady - what a gem you are and what hard work you do. Overall - just an awesome experience! The elevators are fun...

Room Tip: Ask for Marina - and ask her for a higher floor!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (609)
Dallas, TX
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

Fitness center was a joke. A couple of the treadmills didn't work. (No out of order signs.) TVs on each cardio machine were either working poorly or not at all. A couple would only display 2 channels--CSPAN and some medical "miracle" selling channel. Others no sound or couldn't turn off text display of dialogue. Noise in the hallways on sleeping floors was constant. This hotel has really gone down hill since the last time I stayed here about 3 years ago.

Room Tip: Don't bother packing exercise gear.
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

This is great hotel typical of the Renaissance brand with the usual amenities. It is in a great location in downtown, an easy walk to the nightlife many visitors are seeking.
However, if you are not here for the late night party, ask to be on the Commerce St side of the building. The 2 am music venues on the other side of the building are allowed to crank up the music for their headliners. Even on the 18th floor I could hear every word of the lyrics until the final drumbeat every night of my stay. Combine that with the garbage trucks at 4:30 am (ever notice how a backup alarm sounds just like an alarm clock?) and your 8 am meeting the next morning may not go as well.
It's nice to have the evening diversion, but if your here on business you may not want to bring the party back to your room until 2 am!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Pedestrian53
San Diego
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

Recently I stayed at the Renaissance Nashville while attending a conference. The hotel was in a great location to walk to the fun sights we had scheduled to see - Country Music Hall of Fame, Ryman, Frist Museum, Puckett's, Wild HOrse Saloon, etc. My room was not overly roomy side, but was very comfortable.

Some of our excellent meals were in a private room, but on three occasions I ate in the restaurant and was served by Le Ann. Two of us diners craved hot dogs from the under 12 kid's menu and Le Ann said "why not." She ended up having to hunt down buns from another restaurant in the hotel, but she made it happen. Two other times I had breakfast with my son and two young granddaughters and Le Ann went out of her way to make us happy. During my stay every staff member I passed greeted me. With some elevators being renovated, sometimes there would be a wait for an elevator. Staff member Ed would open up the service elevator on the consierge floor to let us down. I would definitely recommend the Renaissance and will be back.

Room Tip: ASk for a room away from the Downtown street noise.
Chicago
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

We stayed at the Renaissance only one night on our way to Florida. Despite some nice points, I don't think I would stay there again.

First, the good parts- the staff is wonderful. Everyone I ran into was exceptionally friendly and helpful, especially the ladies in the concierge level lounge and the wonderful gentleman who took pity on us as we waited for the elevator for sooooo long and took us up in the service elevator. I wish I'd gotten his name. I also wish the people above them who are making the big decisions were as good at their jobs as the service staff.

Second, the view. We had a Broadway-facing room on the 25th floor and the view was terriffic, especially after dark. The location is good as It's very close to Broadway and the arena, which also unfortunately means that it's very, very noisy until closing time. Even that far up you can hear the music which went on until 2:00, and add to that the fact that some loud construction started up in the street below at 6:30 in the morning...not a good night's sleep.

Third, the food we had was quite good. We were very tired and ordered dinner in-- we had the fried chicken (which is a breast but was still very moist and delicious) and a nice steak. Room service breakfast the next morning was also fast and tasty. Again, all the room service staff, on the phone and delivery, were friendly and efficient. The appetizers at the Concierge Lounge were SO good, and lots of variety, hot and cold. Lovely view from the lounge and the ladies were beyond nice. We didn't do the free breakfast in there the next morning, it was just a little too crowded.

Now, the bad: Elevators- awful. Long, long, long waits for the elevators. They need to get that problem fixed fast because it is a PAIN. The rooms need some electical outlets. There are almost none, and none that are convenient. Marriot management-- people do not want to recharge their tablets and phones in the bathroom--give us some outlets! It's the 21st Century. There were no spare blankets or pillows in the room. No free internet for concierge level guests. It's ridiculous that these large hotels still charge for wifi at all, but you could at least throw us some free internet when we pay extra for club level. But the biggest problem was when I came back from the pool in the morning and got in the shower only to have my lukewarm-at-best water actually turn COLD after a minute. Your hotel room is way too expensive for you to run out of hot water before 9am.

All in all, it wasn't the worst place I've ever stayed, but I think I will try another hotel if I'm in Nashville again.

Room Tip: If you love a nice view more than a good night's sleep, a higher floor Broadway facing room is t...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Piner, Kentucky, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

My wife and I stayed here, the weekend we got engaged. Had never been to Nashville. We loved it. So convenient to the strip. The price and Elevators were the only issues, but hey we survived!!!! If you get a chance walk to the war memorial......... absolutely beautiful. They have a neat farmers market there as well.

Room Tip: Our room overlooked all the action on the strip.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Herndon, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

I stayed here for only a night on business, but in the brief time that I was here, the staff impressed me. From the nice lady at check-in (Ashley) who took the time to orient me to the hotel and made sure I had everything I needed, to Katherine and James in the Concierge Lounge, to Scott with the Valet Parking team, every need was met or exceeded.

My room was great - not super opulent, but quiet, comfortable, clean, and well-equipped. And, OMG, the bathroom was amazing - for its shower head, marble finishes, and counter space. The bed was your typical Marriott/Renaissance bed, so it was very comfortable with wonderful pillows.Workspace in the room was nice, as was the view of Downtown Nashville from my 14th floor room.

Concierge Lounge on the 24th floor has a great view, better food selection than any other Marriott/Renaissance I've experienced, and the staff went out of their way (thank you) to source some fresh fruit for me at dinner time and have it delivered to my room.

Also earning the 5 stars in this review is the full-service Starbucks in the lobby, not just a generic coffee shop that brews Starbucks, but an actual Starbucks location.

Internet in room and in lobby was fast and reliable, both valet and self-parking options were easy, and meeting/banquet space were great as well. I will definitely look into staying here again and hopefully having more time to experience all Nashville has to offer, especially since Ashley at the front desk gave me a nice local map and visitor's guide!

Room Tip: The higher the room, the better the view of Nashville.