“I take back everything bad......”

Renaissance Nashville Hotel
Ranked #11 of 155 Hotels in Nashville
St.Paul Mn
“I take back everything bad......”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

When I first checked in at the Renaissance I immediately began comparing it to the other Nashville hotels that I've stayed in,(Hilton and Marriott) So,ok I wasn't wild about the somewhat dated decor.I wasn't wild about the fact that I was getting charged for wifi in my room. (It's avail in the lobby for free)I wasn't wild about getting charged for alcohol in the "Concierge" room.Although the morning breakfast fare was slightly better than most hotel breakfast packages. The afternoon "Happy Hour was actually pretty good. Mostly finger food and small sandwiches.
So, all of that aside what won me over was the front desk crew! These kids should put on class on how to run a front desk at a hotel. My morning flight was cancelled and I was re-booked on a flight leaving at 6:40p that evening. My worst fear was about to come true.I was looking at spending the whole day sitting in the airport. I decided to check with the front desk about a late check out. I explained my situation to a girl ,(I'am very sorry I didn't get her name because I couldn't read her name tag but it was a very short name approximately three or four letters and she had shoulder length dark hair.Mgr. take note) In any event, this young lady worked some magic on her keyboard and the next thing I knew she was telling me that I could stay until 4:00. Some people I have talked to said that the hotel must not have been full or that would never have happened.Well all I can say is that I was in the lobby during peak check in times and it did not look like a hotel that wasn't full.
This wasn't my only experience. I had a couple occasions to make inquires or request the assistance of the front desk staff. Every time they were fast,efficient, beyond friendly and they made you feel like they really cared about your stay.I have encountered other hotel desk people that leave you thinking that they are just there to do a job, and don't much care for it at that.
So my hats off to all the young men and women who man the front desk at the Renaissance. Good job!!

Room Tip: I had a "Concierge" room on the 24th floor for an extra 30.00 a night.Still not sure if it...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank butchpSt_PaulMn
RenaissanceNash... M, Manager at Renaissance Nashville Hotel, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Butchpst_PaulMn-
Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments about the Renaissance Nashville. The girl who helped you at the desk, Lee, will be recognized for your comments! Also thank you for your comments about the staff as a whole I am glad to hear our staff was able to go above and beyond for you to make your stay memorable.
Jennifer Frandsen-Manager Room Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (649)
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Zack at the bridge bar is a phenomenal bartender and always makes my business stays enjoyable, I've visited this hotel several times over the last 3 years and look forward to stopping in after a long day of work!

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Phillytravelr
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Jeremy and Naser in the Hotels Bridge bar and lounge were absolutely top quality. Their knowledge of their craft is unlike any other bar in the downtown Nashville area. Jeremy pours a generous yet fair drink while Naser entertains with his jovial spirit. You must visit this place!!

• Stayed April 2013
Reviewed April 19, 2013

My wife, daughter and I had the buffet lunch at the Commerce Street Grill today. The food was excellent, well prepared, had a good variety and the price was very much in line..

Our server, Keturah Collins, really went out of her way to be helpful. She was attentive and very pleasant which made our dining experience a pleasant and positive one. She checked back with us often to see if we needed anything.

Since we live in the area, we will return often because of our very positive experience today.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Wonderful hotel staff! My friends and I had a great time hanging out at the lobby bar with our cute bartender Frankie. He was very friendly and attentive to his customers. Great atmoshpere overall. The bbq sliders at commerce street grill were my favorite! I would reccomend this hotel to anyone traveling to Nashville. Very convenient to Broadway and attractions around town.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 19, 2013

The Renaissance Nashville Hotel has this very cool restaurant/bar that stretches over Commerce Street. The food is good (great for a quick bite for lunch and happy hour munchies), the drinks are great and with the floor-to-ceiling windows and the ceiling of windows, you feel like you are outside, without being outside. Amanda and Margie took great care of me. They are sweet, friendly, patient, professional, and keep a smile on their faces - all of which I very much appreciate!

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed April 19, 2013

The breakfast and dining options were both wonderful. The food is great and the service is very friendly. At breakfast, I did not get the name of the lady staffing the omelette station, but she was very friendly and prepare the best Hotel omelette I've had. Our table was waited by Janet Cullen, who was extremely helpful and friendly. Southern hospitality at its best!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business