“Great customer service” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
new york city
“Great customer service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a conference. My company hosted an event in the hotel so I had to work very closely with the event staff. Linda and Jamil were AWESOME. Jamil went out of his way to ensure the party was a success. He had a great attitude and always found a way to handle my requests - quickly and professionally.

We also had to dine a lot at the restaurant and the service was great :) Yasser Girgis was very attentive and enhanced our breakfast experience. He made good recommendations and got us fed quickly.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
RenaissanceNash... M, Manager at Renaissance Nashville Hotel, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Erinnd920-
Thank you for taking the time to leave comments about your recent stay at the Renaissance Nashville. I am so glad to hear three key members of our staff were able to go above and beyond to make your convention and stay a success. I will be sure they are recognized for their great work.
Jennifer Frandsen-Manager Room Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (534)
East coast
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

My family and I had an impromptu trip to Nashville. We called multiple hotels and after spending 20 minutes on the phone with reservations, settled on a concierge level king room. We arrived to find an extremely chaotic and somewhat dirty lobby filled with convention attendees. A very nice bellman helped us up a back service elevator to our room due to the extreme elevator wait. We arrived to find an extremely small room with 2 queen beds jammed into it, certainly not something anyone would pay a premium rate for. We opted to leave the hotel, late at night with 2 small children. The front desk manager , Justin, had little flexibility to work with us due to the conventions. He did offer to call other hotels on our behalf which we declined. I would absolutely avoid this hotel unless attending a meeting there.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars
EastCoastGray-
I apologize we were unable to meet your travel accommodations while traveling through Nashville. There are times when conventions keep us very busy, at this time we do use a back of house elevators for our bellmen to help with the wait time. I am glad to hear our bellmen was nice and offered that service. We always try our best to accommodate non-convention guest, I am sorry we were unable to make your stay memorable.
Jennifer Frandsen-Manager Rooms Operations
Bristol, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at the Renaissance Hotel for MTAC 2013. The hotel is very accommodating towards this group. The staff is overall very friendly and accepting of this fanatic group. We ate at the hotel restaurant every night during the convention, because after vending all day, we needed a close yet yummy place to eat. Together, my husband and I tried nearly everything on the menu! I especially liked the bacon wrapped meatloaf, which our server, Kelly, informed us was the chef’s personal recipe. We really enjoyed getting to know Kelly over the weekend. She served us at last years convention and remembered us. She supplied a relaxed and caring environment after dealing with hundreds of excited youth all day.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Lowell, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

Perfect spot for everything you want to do in Nashville.
Pros: Location. wonderful beds, pay the extra for the vip floors. Amazing night time snack is a meal, and wonderful breakfast.
Cons. elevators SLOW, Valet is disorganized and trying to get into it or get your car is a mess!
I would stay again but self park.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

I have been staying at the Renaissance Nashville for the past eight years at least twice a year and have found the staff to be excellent on every visit. On my first visit, I met a waitress in the Bridge Lounge who over the years has become a friend. There are other staff members that recognize me from previous visits who acknowledge me with each visit. There is not a member of the staff that treats you as if you are someone special; I may not be a Country Celebrity but when I stay at the Renaissance Nashville that i the way the staff makes me feel. The rooms offer all of the amenity anyone could expect and I have always had a room with a great view of the city.

Room Tip: If you are going to Nashville for CMA Fest or any other time, I recommend requesting a higher room f...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

I always enjoy staying at Renaissance Hotel-Nashville when I am in town for business or pleasure.

The staff is outstanding. Most importantly, Jessica Fry in the hotel's restaurant provides excellent service and is always smiling (something that feels good after a long day).

I encourage the staff to keep up the great work!

• Stayed April 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

As a frequent traveler and a loyal Marriott customer, i feel uniquely qualified in making the recommendation of this hotel to any person traveling to the Nashville area. I have had the pleasure of staying with this property for almost 8 years on a frequent basis and would not blink an eye in staying there another 8 years continuously. The rooms are above average and make me look forward to laying down after a long day on the road traveling. The staff, however, is the highlight of this awesome property. I have truly never felt so taken care of, from the Front Desk staff, specifically Leah, Stanca, and James are always willing to more than accomodate any and every request. The staff at the Bridge bar, specifically Shawn, Zack, Derek, and Judy, have done there part to make me feel like a part of the Renaissance family. The level of profound care by the Concierge staff, specifically Debra and Catherine, has given me a sense of southern hospitalilty that lends to a down home feel in an upscale hotel.

If you are traveling to Nashville, your first stop or call for a room SHOULD absolutely be the Renaissance Hotel. You will not be dissapointed and will ABSOLUTELY leave a dedicated Renaissance Customer.

• Stayed March 2013