“Great Staff”

Renaissance Nashville Hotel
Ranked #12 of 159 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed November 30, 2012

The staff at this hotel was great. The front desk, bell hops, mangers, overall the entire staff. I felt good about asking for assitance when needed and helpfull tips on getting around the city. First time stay at this hotel and in the city of Nashville and it was terrific. The only negative was that a charge for printing and faxing and internet use in the business center. If they get rid of that, i will be a guest again when i am in town. Justin, the front desk manager and Justin the parking attendant manager is two people to seek out for first class service above and beyound the call of duties.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (2,944)

Reviewed November 27, 2012

Great downtown location with excellent service. The room was spacious and comfortable and the room service was very good. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who desires the downtown location as there are great restaurants and music venues within walking distance.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

Hotel was worth what we paid for it. Very conveniently located close to bars and restaurants, rooms were very nice, clean and the bed was super comfy! The staff were not overly welcoming though but not bad either. All in all it was a good experience and I would easily stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Stayed here during the first week in November for a conference. The rooms were comfortable and clean. We stayed two people to a room, and there was plenty of space for our "stuff" during the 3 day stay. Nice restaurant off the lobby. Breakfast buffet was good, and the service was fantastic. Nice that there's a Starbucks in the lobby, as well. I didn't interact with the hotel staff much - if at all. They were professional upon check-in, but that's about the extent of my experience.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

The Renaissance Nashville is one of my favorite places to stay in Nashville. It is connected to the current convention center (although they are building a new one) and is easy walking distance to the main downtown music attractions.

My most recent stay was for a conference. This front desk person was kind enough to allow me to have the conference rate even though I had not registered in time for it. I was on the club level so had access to appetizers and breakfast, but have also had breakfast in the restaurant and thought it was very good.

I will say the place is not cheap. I only go if they are offering a weekend deal, there's a conference rate, or I'm using points. Otherwise I can't say it's worth a $300/night price tag.

Also, I always park across the street in the parking garage and walk across the walkway. Depending on when you are there it can save $20/day or more off of the valet price.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 20, 2012

We went down to Nashville for a birthday celebration (40-50 y.o) for a 4-day weekend. We really liked the close proximity to the downtown area of Broadway and 2nd streets where all the fun is. We could get anywhere downtown on foot comfortably. Anything outside city center, we took a cab which was plentiful.

The king room was clean and the bed was comfortable. We didn't spend a lot of time in the room so location was the most important aspect.

The service was great. When the vending machine ate my money, they gave me bottled waters from the front desk without hassle.

Would recommend and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 18, 2012

The hotel was very clean, had a Starbuck's (definite plus) and was within walking distance of everything in downtown you'd ever want to see. It was pretty noisy with the music playing outside, but I expected that being downtown. Housekeeping did not come until 5:30 pm when we were relaxing in our room before dinner, so that was a bit inconvenient. I did not like the fact that free Wi-Fi was not available, but the location and comfort offset that inconvenience for us. We parked ourselves in the garage, and paid $4 a day. I don't know if it was the time of year that allowed us that break (mid Nov.), but considering all the $ we spent downtown, it was good to not spend that on parking. Valet is a waste. Be sure to request a room on a higher floor if possible to get a great view.

Room Tip: Don't stay here if you want quiet, but request a room on a high floor for the view.