“Great location to downtown bars & fun”

Renaissance Nashville Hotel
Ranked #11 of 157 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed November 20, 2012

We went down to Nashville for a birthday celebration (40-50 y.o) for a 4-day weekend. We really liked the close proximity to the downtown area of Broadway and 2nd streets where all the fun is. We could get anywhere downtown on foot comfortably. Anything outside city center, we took a cab which was plentiful.

The king room was clean and the bed was comfortable. We didn't spend a lot of time in the room so location was the most important aspect.

The service was great. When the vending machine ate my money, they gave me bottled waters from the front desk without hassle.

Would recommend and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Renaissance Nashville Hotel

Reviewed November 18, 2012

The hotel was very clean, had a Starbuck's (definite plus) and was within walking distance of everything in downtown you'd ever want to see. It was pretty noisy with the music playing outside, but I expected that being downtown. Housekeeping did not come until 5:30 pm when we were relaxing in our room before dinner, so that was a bit inconvenient. I did not like the fact that free Wi-Fi was not available, but the location and comfort offset that inconvenience for us. We parked ourselves in the garage, and paid $4 a day. I don't know if it was the time of year that allowed us that break (mid Nov.), but considering all the $ we spent downtown, it was good to not spend that on parking. Valet is a waste. Be sure to request a room on a higher floor if possible to get a great view.

Room Tip: Don't stay here if you want quiet, but request a room on a high floor for the view.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 13, 2012

I travel for business and personal quite frequently. I really didn't want to stay here but was here for a conference at the Hilton which was sold out for the group discount. So this hotel was a sad backup. First off the room I got on the 7 th floor was worn. Needs much updating. The green chair and ottoman were dirty and old. carpet stained. Towels are worn and thin. Room was stuffy and walls are paper thin. Heard the tv next door loud and their conversations as if they were in my room! Buses drive by alot and too much street noise. Shower head had no pressure and hot and cold temp was switched so I burned myself. They use a lot of chlorine in the water. The Bed was comfy. The pillows not. Pillows are 2 sizes only: jumbo and child size. I don't get that. So I piled them up to support my head. Not comfortable. Housekeeping did a good job of cleaning my room though. A refrigerator would have been nice to have in the room. I do recommend the restaurant downstairs. Food was very good. Service was great. Staff at hotel are great. They are the best thing about this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Good location for downtown/Ryman auditorium etc.
Very expensive perhaps due to CMA week. Also valet parking + Tax was almost $30 a night!
free WiFi only available on 1st 4 floors & didn't work for my UK mobile.
Room comfortable 7 large with view.
Overnight received receipt which charged my CC in full.
Reception advised no breakfast included. My records showed it was, but I was nearly charged for it again, but refused to sign the charge.
Left with mixed emotions....

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 9, 2012

We stayed here for a concert. It was perfect because we were in walking distance to everything. Downtown is so fun at night and it's very nice to not have to worry about parking and enjoy Nashville. The rooms were very nice. Elevators fast. Beds soft. Room service delicious and fast. We stay here for everything we do in Nashville from concerts, to races. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Very pleased with room we had. Clean, quiet, and comfortable.
The staff was friendly and very efficient. We used the convenient parking garage across the street, and were able to walk wherever we needed to go.
Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 6, 2012

We stayed here for a Gator game. The lobby was nice. Parking was a NIGHTMARE! They charged $70 for two days! Location is good...not for a Vanderbilt game, too far to walk. The rooms were nice, service was good. Breakfast was pretty good and reasonably priced. I cant say that I would stay here again though.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple