“Last Minute..”

Ranked #10 of 155 Hotels in Nashville
Eugene, Oregon
“Last Minute..”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

My dad was hospitalized at the very last minute for an emergency heart surgery, and the Renaissance was an oasis away from Vanderbilt. Having grown up in the Nashville area and attended all kinds of Nashville Predators games, I always thought the Renaissance Nashville Hotel would be a great place, and they were above all an excellent place to stay on such short notice.

Cons - The hotel is showing it's age, it certainly could use an overhaul -- especially considering the other properties in the area, and the fact that the new Omni will soon be arriving in Nashville.

Pros - The hotel staff was nice, the bed was comfortable, and I left wanting to stay at the hotel again.

Room Tip: As high a floor as you can get!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank joshinnorthGA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (657)
Cleveland
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I stayed here at the last moment, and I'm glad. I originally had a reservation at the Downtown Courtyard. I checked the day before, and the rate for the Renaissance had dropped to the same as the Courtyard. So I switched. We stayed one day.

And I'm glad. We were there just for the "trashy" sightseeing. The hotel was one block from the Ryman Auditorium. And about two blocks from the trashy honkytonks and other tourist attractions.

The check-in was no problem. The young woman waiting on us (I can't remember her name) was extremely helpful. We were on the 22nd floor, which gave us a great view of the city.

The room was excellent, and, as with all Marriott hotels, the beds were wonderful. I don't know about the parking, because we used the valet. When we were leaving the next day, the car was waiting even though we called five minutes before going down.

We did not eat at the hotel or drink at the bar, so I cannot give an opinion on those.

One of the reasons I changed my reservation was on the advice of my brother who has stayed there often. I'd do it again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Brian_of_Cleveland
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed July 19, 2012

We stayed here last Dec, 2011, and, understandably there were few staff, and consequently probably more problems than usual. However, this was the worst stay I've had in any hotel. The restaurant was appalling and neither one of our meals was even edible. Our room was unclean, and to top it all off there was ONLY hot water running in every faucet, including the toilet. Maintenance came and "tried" to fix the problem by running all the faucets for an hour, but eventually gave up. Apparently, it was due to low occupancy in the hotel and less hot water being used overall. The conditions for being far from home on Christmas were bad enough, but this hotel made sure that our experience ranked up there as "worst-ever" hotel stay!

Room Tip: Choose another hotel!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank natarr0
USA
Reviewed July 18, 2012

I stayed for 3 nights, every day the housekeeping just got worst. They are not even running a vacum or putting the pillows back on the bed. For the price of this hotel they should do a much better job.

To top it off, there is a used dirty hair brush under the chair in my room, I moved the chair slightly to see if the housekeeper would notice - NO WAY, I guess they just do not clean the rooms if you are staying more then one night. The bathroom is only marginally clean, the comforter had some stains, over all - I would not stay here again. It is NOT up to Marriott Standards.

Plus 4 people in our our group got sick after eating a salad the first day at their in house dining. They must not have washed the lettuce, after being sick for 18 hours we were all afraid to eat anything at the hotel. They must not have washed the lettuce - 101 in food handleing!

Only good thing I can say is that the bed was comfrotable.

Room Tip: High floor, quiet room
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Bardstown, Kentucky
Reviewed July 16, 2012

If you want some place with in walking distance to the row of honky tonks, visitors center, country music museum and places like then you might think this is the place to stay ? FYI they are over priced rooms no refrigerator in rooms no fans in the bathrooms and no parking with the hotel. You have to pay $8.00 more per day to park across the street in a garage. They also don't put any brochures in your rooms of local tourist sights. You have to ask for them at the front desk.There is a book but it's more on history not hours of operations and prices .of local interest. They do have a very nice breakfast buffet and you can add the price to your room CAUTION be sure that your name is put on the list because the hostess does have to call and ask for sure. We did include it in our stay and when the hostess called to verify w e had to argue a bit that we had added it to our stay at check in and who ever was on the other end of the phone felt the need to Yell at this young lady over it. It was not her fault and It was unnecessary we offered to go back up to our room and get the receipt but the hostess was nice enough to take care of us. Then the server brought us a bill which we had to explain it all over again. Also when we got home and checked that we had not been billed extra the amount that we were billed was more than what it was suppose to be and we had to call a they did fix it but,they charge you a fee if you use a debit card {that info was not mentioned at check in } and we used our bank card which a credit /debit card and my husband was not asked which way we wanted it to be ran. Any where else we've stayed if your not asked they have always ran it a credit ?? I would not stay here again !!!! AS a matter of fact we went to the Gaylord center which is a bit farther out but the rooms are much nicer and to our surprise they were the same price as what we paid. And they have a shuttle to take you to this area and that's where we'll stay next time!!! We didn't do research before we went down it was a spur of the moment get a way . Be sure to do yours before you get there.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 15, 2012

My family spent a night here on our way home from another destination. We were excited upon entering the lobby seeing all of the excitement from guests coming and going. We felt the room was a bit smaller than expected and had no refrigerator but for one night it would do. We were disappointed when we found out the concierge level was closed for the weekend (it was Friday night). However, we were given a 25% discount at all of the food establishments/bars and room service there and the gift shop. Not a bad deal! The only disappointment was that Starbucks closed at 6pm and did not open unit 6am. We wanted some evening coffee and had to leave by 5am and the bathroom tiles in the shower had mildew and one of the clean wash rags had a dark streak across it! (WTH?)

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Jerseygirlz4
Vienna, Virginia
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Let's start with the fact that it was horribly hot in Nashville last week and I was in a room on the top floor. But the AC couldn't be coaxed into cooling and we finally settled for a fan. (I've been in Zimbabwe with better cooling!) The shower was awesome - that was the best feature of the rather small room for a suite of this "caliber." Elevators were inadequate to transport people when there many people trying to move at the same time - and people on the top floor didn't have a prayer.
So, I would hope there are better accommodations in Nashville.

Room Tip: Definitely stay down a few floors if it's hot!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business