“Fantastic. Friendly, Comfortable, Luxurious And Homely.”

Millennium Maxwell House Nashville
Ranked #105 of 155 Hotels in Nashville
Scotland
“Fantastic. Friendly, Comfortable, Luxurious And Homely.”
Reviewed April 20, 2007

My wife and I spent ten nights at this wonderful hotel, just on the edge of "downtown Nashville". The staff were helpful and friendly to a level beyond expectation or requirement. They were BRILLIANT!
The restaurant has an excellent menu for breakfasts, brunches and evening meals, again the politeness of the staff is quite humbling. They are quite excellent.
This is a busy hotel with a lot of people coming and going, yet no matter how trivial a question or request that we threw at the "front counter" staff, not only did they politely help. They went out of their way to do so.
The drivers running the free shuttle service between the hotel, downtown and the airport are more than helpful also, and their knowledge of where to eat, cabaret, shopping etc is second to none.
All in all, a fabulous place to stay while visiting "Music City".
I THOROUGHLY RECCOMEND THIS HOTEL.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank GJLScotland

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (306)
Huntingdon, TN
Reviewed April 12, 2007

I needed a last minute room in Nashville and was finding the city surprisingly 'sold out' on a Thursday night. Going down the list of 'mid-priced' hotels on TripAdvisor, I arrived at this one and they did have a room. Reviews thus far were about 50/50 but I was getting desperate so went ahead and booked it. Glad I did! My thoughts: Check in very friendly, fast, and efficient (and yes, we did get the promised Goo-Goo bars immediately!), plenty of FREE parking available, but no valet if that matters. Parking, however, right outside the front door so no issue to me. Once again, my friend and I in town for an opera performance and were assured the shuttle would take us there, just give them 10-15 minutes notice when we were ready to leave. More on this later. Lobby very large and comfortable with multiple meeting areas and conversation corners. The room: we had a 'standard' room, not one of the pricier 'club' rooms. The hotel is 95% total non-smoking with it allowed solely on the 3rd floor, in none of the public areas to include the lounge. Our room, on the 4th floor, was quite roomy, 2 queens, large desk and very comfortable desk chair, a large 'easy' chair with ottoman, and 4 lamps overall. And it was absolutely SPOTLESS! And believe me, I looked closely. Exhaust fan in the bath, air return vents, door hinges, corners....I really can not find a fault with it. The tub/shower looked to have brand new grout, it was that clean, not a hair, not a water spot. Yes, the bathroom is divided, sink area just inside the door in the main room, toilet/bath in a very small room to the side, but more than ample. A bit dated to be sure, but the cleanliness of it made up for it to me. The beds were very comfortable, and the linen was soft and silky and again, clean! We chose to eat in the on site restaurant for dinner, Pralines, and both agreed it was a good choice. Meals range from $8-$25 and were terrific. My friend had NY Strip, cooked just to her order, I had filet Meddalions, again perfect. And REAL mashed potatoes...and we both can tell the difference! Wonderful mixed steamed veggies, soup, salad, truly excellent! The breakfast buffet, which we also enjoyed, at $8.25 did not seem that 'overpriced' to us and the selection was very good. Service in the restaurant is excellent and prompt. After dinner we requested the shuttle and were on our way within 10 minutes and dropped at the front door of TPAC. We were told that the shuttle runs till 2230 and given a card to call if we were ready to return by then. I called at 2210 and was told they would be there in 5 minutes...which they were, right to the front door. No charge for the shuttle, a tip is appreciated of course. For $8 in tips we saved on a minimum of $20+ taxi fare! Negatives: just a couple. While the lobby and our room were spotless the same can not be said of the dining room and lounge. Nothing huge, but the ceiling tiles all around the airvents on the ceilings were filthy and it appears those vents have not been cleaned in some time. And we stopped in the lounge upon our return for a nightcap to find a band playing.....this is a relatively smallish room but they obviously thought they were playing at a stadium somewhere! There were about a half dozen patrons and the music was so oppressively loud that even a 'screaming' conversation was impossible. We ordered our drinks and as soon as they arrived asked if we could take them to the lobby or our room...and were assured we could. Actually, the band was good, but they were so very loud it was hard to appreciate them...they need to tone it down to fit the room they are playing. They have 'live' music Thur-Sun...just be aware if you choose to stop in. Overall....I rate this a most enjoyable stay and give high marks to this hotel for service, cleanliness, and location.

• Liked — cleanliness, excellent staff and service
  • Disliked — location..although shuttle negates it somewhat
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with friends
2 Thank Iamdustoffmom
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed March 18, 2007

Hotel decor somewhat dated and bathrooms could use some renovations. Beds were very comfortable though.
The buffet breakfast was somewhat overpriced for what was offered. While the location is less than ideal for leisure travelers (the hotel is located on a busy thoroughfare 2 miles north of downtown) , the hotels offers a shuttle to downtown and the airport.

• Liked — comfortable bed
  • Disliked — location
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ATLmike
Kilbirnie in Scotland
Reviewed March 9, 2007

My husband and I stayed at the Millenium from the 20th until the 27th of February 2007. We found the Millenium to be luxurious, very clean, staff very helpful and we had no trouble getting a driver to take us downtown or to the Opry Mills Shopping Centre. We can highly recommend this hotel and would have no hesitation in booking this holiday again.

• Liked — Excellent customer service.
  • Disliked — absolutely nothing
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lorraine G
Lexington, KY
Reviewed February 27, 2007

We decided to check into the Millenium because on their website it stated it was less than 5 miles from downtown and was in an excellent location. They could not be more wrong as this was located in a rough neighborhood on the northside of town. It took about 15 minutes to get to town and their shuttle doesn't run past 10:30 PM at night, so you must drive yourself and pay for parking.

Upon checking in, we had to wait several minutes as the desk clerk kept talking with another one and took her sweet time. I even had reservations, so it should not have taken so long. Finally she got me checked in. I had to ask where the elevator was located and she did not say anything about restaurants or the shuttle or valet parking.

Their website mentions: "All our guests receive a complimentary "Goo Goo" cluster candy bar at check in which is made in Nashville, TN."

We didn't get that Goo Goo cluster candy bar.

Our room was fairly small and the doors are at an angle instead of straight. It was clean, except for the bathroom. The bathroom needed a good cleaning of the shower tiles. The sink is separate and in the main entrance way. One of the towels had hairs all over it. We called front desk for more and received them within 30 minutes.

The room has a hairdryer, iron, ironing board, coffee (Folgers), coffee maker, shampoo, conditioner, soap. We also had a king bed, very small desk, and a tv. The view outside of our room was a tree, part of the pool, and part of the building.

Throughout the hotel are Hatch Show Print prints, and in the room were two small ones. Country music played throughout the hotel. There was also a small gift shop with Nashville and country music memorabilia.

Upon checkout, it was quicker and I received my receipt. Upon arriving home, I checked my account online only to find out that the hotel charged $50 more for our visit than what was signed for. There is no mini-bar or anything in the room to purchase like some hotels. We also did not eat at the restaurants there. We just slept there. When I called, I was told that accounting was gone and to call the next day. Now they are reviewing my account and I'm having to call to get that $50 charge off of there.

Hotel (normal cost) was $109 plus tax with no special offers. I could pay a few more dollars and be downtown. For the location, I would have brought the price down to $65-75. Other hotels on their website look nice, but this was below expectations.

• Liked — Hatch Show Prints throughout the place
  • Disliked — Price-Cleanness-Overcharge on my account
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
3 Thank grapevineways

Travelers are raving about these Nashville hotels

Miami, FL
Reviewed February 2, 2007

I booked the hotel through the Nashville CVB who offered discount rates on certain hotels, including this one. This trip was just a fun getaway with some friends and we were all happy with the choice of hotel. Although it is not right in the center of everything, having the shuttle made everything so much easier to visit different parts of Nashville. They were always courteous and picked us up and took us wherever we needed.

The front desk staff was super friendly when we checked in and throughout our stay helped us out and gave us great recommendations on places to go/eat, etc. The roomy lobby and decor made us feel welcomed in Nashville.

I agree, the bathrooms were a little bit small but for the amount of time we were there it was not a huge concern. Plus, the room was nice and comfortable so there were no complaints with that. I would stay there again.

Stayed January 2007
2 Thank gatorslm12
Washington DC
Reviewed January 18, 2007

This hotel tries to be nice and in some rights it is.

Upsides/Downsides

The rooms are nice, the bathrooms are not.

The lobby is nice, the restaurant is not.

One side of the building has views of downtown, the other side of car malls.

The bar has a live band every night, the band is playing a hotel gig (that should say it all)

The location is not great. Their is a flexible shuttle that will take you and pick you up from any location downtown, at Opry Mills (shopping) and at the airport.

Stayed January 2007