“Showing her age”

Millennium Maxwell House Nashville
Ranked #108 of 157 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed November 17, 2008

She must have been quite a lady in her day. Now she is showing her age. The carpeting in the room was stained and worn in places. The mattress sagged a little. The bathroom was an adequate size, but there were a few chips in the tub porcelain. Also, there was a small amt of mold and some small staining on the bathroom ceiling. The shower pressure and drainage was fine. The hotel was very clean. The restaurant was reasonably priced for a nice breakfast. The outdoor pool area was beautifully landscaped. This is not in downtown Nashville, but courtesy van will take you where you want in downtown area. Stayed here because of Priceline. Wouldn't pay full price.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Millennium Maxwell House Nashville

Reviewed November 14, 2008

First of all, the photo on the hotel's website does not at all represent the actual hotel. From the website, it looks like the hotel is in downtown Nashville--in reality, it's surrounded by factories, about 10 minutes outside of town.

The Maxwell House was ok. The bed was fine, the food was fine (if a little greasy). However, I had no hot water the first morning I was there, and when I called the front desk, they told me it would have to be fixed later.

The other thing that drove me crazy was that I had called weeks in advance to let them know that I was bringing my infant daughter. When I arrived, we had no crib in our room. Fortunately, they were able to get us one. Unfortunately, we had been placed in a room right next to a meeting room, with a connecting door. So we could hear EVERY word of the loud, drunken bowling league that was meeting next to us. These guys were roaming the hotel all weekend holding open beer cans, and they were next to us at night. And we had a baby with us! I called the front desk to complain about they noise, and I was told that we couldn't be moved (I hadn't asked--why should we have to pack up all of our stuff and move?) and that the drinkers would be in the room til midnight. That was it, end of story--nothing they could do.

I agree with the reviewer above me about the thin conference room walls; they were very distracting. And no free wi-fi? At a conference?

I would not stay in this hotel again. It's laughable, looking back, but being tired and dirty at a professional conference is not very much fun.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed November 8, 2008

I was here for a professional conference that met at this hotel, and while the rooms were okay, the staff was rude and incompetent from start to finish.

Room Service ordered at 10 am on a weekday never arrived. When we called at 11:00 to ask what had happened to our breakfast order, we were told "I don't know but we're not serving breakfast anymore." No apologies were offered. We were told they would look into it and call us back but they never did. Service in the hotel restaurant wasn't any better.

Rooms were dingy and poorly lit. The beds were uncomfortable. There were stains on the carpeting and the bathtub didn't drain properly. There was no hot water at 6:45 am on a weekday, and others attending the conference said they didn't have hot water in the mornings either.

As for the conference, the walls in the meeting rooms were so thin that you could hear presentations in the next room, too. The meeting rooms were freezing, and staff rushed in to put chairs away as soon as one lecture ended, practically pulling them out from under attendees, and glaring at the people who weren't moving out of the room fast enough. They were also over-eager with clearing plates after a banquet. I had a plate I wasn't finished with whisked away when I was mid-bite. A continental breakfast served from 8:00 to 8:30 one morning was packed up and cleared away at 8:15. In short, this is not a hotel I'd recommend for a conference, even though that seems to be their main raison d'etre, since they're pretty much in the middle of nowhere.

I would never stay at this hotel again, either for business or pleasure. I would probably choose not to attend an event in Nashville if it were held at this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed October 8, 2008

When I originally got this hotel via Priceline I was incredible anxious after reading some of the reviews on this webiste but I must say there was no need for me to worry at all. Yes, the hotel is a long way from downtown (I do not recommend walking at all) and the rooms perhaps may need better sound insulation but my experience at this hotel was absolutely wonderful. From the moment I checked in (which was at 10:30ish in the morning), to the room I was given and to the shuttle drivers I could not ask nor want for me. I certainly will have no hesitation whatsoever to stay at this hotel again if I am ever in Nashville, TN. I am a traveller so I enjoy interacting with the locals of a particular city or town and I welcomed using the local bus network to get around and there are certainly two bus lines that stop close to the hotel. Just a final point, the hotel does not in the main have any free internet access (be it wifi or otherwise) but on the 6th floor of the hotel there is a computer that people can use free of charge - be mindful however it is primarily for the use of the airline staff that frequent this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed September 30, 2008

Only problem with hotel is their charging for internet usage and even having to use a credit card in the business center. First time I have seen this in a hotel in a very long time. Outrageous!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed September 27, 2008

The Hotel was 3 miles from Downtown Nashville, but the Shuttle Service they have is brilliant like having your own private Taxi, just step out the Door and they are on hand to take you Downtown (Even if you are the only ones traveling), and a quick call to the Hotel and they will pick you up wherever you are, the Staff were really helpful, Room was clean and fresh towels daily, we had a great stay.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 26, 2008

I stayed at this hotel a year ago also and found that it has gone down hill a little. The breakfast buffet was awful. everything was cold and the selection of food was poor. I attended a banquet and I must say management needs to look around. It was located on the 10th floor and the view was beautiful, but the floor needed vacuuming and the chairs were very dirty on the back.
The room was clean but the bathroom shower needed new grout, there were stains and mildew.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business