“Millennium Maxwell House Nashville”

Millennium Maxwell House Nashville
Ranked #101 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
Chicago, Illinois, United States
“Millennium Maxwell House Nashville”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

The hotel has a great lobby and pool but that's about all. The service upon entering was underwhelming, I think I was received by a simple hello. The room was not worth the $130 dollars which was supposed to be a "deal.". We were placed in a room right outside the elevator, when door is open you can see into the entire room. The bathroom was outdated and the sink is outside the bathroom. I think I would of been happier staying at a chain hotel which would have offered better accommodations for a better price. The room next to us put a bag of trash in the hallway and it sat there for at least 12 hours because it was still there when we checked out, need I say more.

2 Thank Candace L
Pfranzone, General Manager at Millennium Maxwell House Nashville, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thank you for helping to make the Millennium Nashville be a better place. We are logging and addressing these issues while still providing the most enjoyable experience to our guests, and keeping the most competitive rates. You mentioned $130 dollar rate, with that we offer complimentry shuttle to and from airport and downtown plus free parking. We pride ourselves on our guest satisfaction and appreciate your feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (295)
Union Bridge, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

We stayed here one night. The Maxwell House is better than some of the reviews led me to believe going into the deal. It's better than your average Knights Inn but not up to snuff for a convention hotel -- to which this one aspires. Our room was clean. The bed was a bit on the lumpy side. I agree it's ridiculous for a hotel in this class to charge for wireless when every Super 8 in the country offers it for free.

My big beef with this hotel is the lack of adequate soundproofing. Walking down the hall, you can hear every TV set and conversation on the floor. Shortly after we checked into our room, a rowdy group of young men checked into the room next door. A disastrous night was avoided by asking for a different room for which the staff accommodated. Sound proof doors would be a good improvement.

Room Tip: Find a room at the end of a hallway so that you have only one adjoining room. as the rooms lack basi...
1 Thank Gary M
Pfranzone, General Manager at Millennium Maxwell House Nashville, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thank you for helping to make the Millennium Nashville be a better place. We are logging and addressing these issues while still providing the most enjoyable experience to our guests, and keeping the most competitive rates. We pride ourselves on our guest satisfaction and appreciate your feedback.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here as a present for my 40 from my husband, was requested by the trip planner for an upgrade if possible.which didnt happen but thought that maybe a bowl of fruit or a bottle of wine would have been nice but nothing .....was here for the whole week definately went to reception most days for one thing or another and was slightly disappointed when the same girl asked me was I checking in .I told here no ive been here nearly a week ...the resturant staff were really friendly and nice to deal with ...the resturant manager lovely man..and food very good .....also the bar man was very nice and chatty to us aslo..the shuttle to broadway was good couldnt fault it but u need to get in once u see it . My overall stay was grand as we used the hotel purely for sleeping and getting changed to go out but was disappointed as its not a cheap hotel

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us feedback. We appreciate all guests taking the time to give us their comments on their stay. Thank you for the nice comment about the Restaurant, Lounge and Shuttle staff and we hope to be able to serve you again soon.
Huntsville, Alabama
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

First thing: Nashville hotels are just very over-priced -- you can stay in a fabulous hotel in Chicago for the same rate as this place.

The room was average in decor, cleanliness and upkeep. I found the the cheesy guitar motif charming, actually, but otherwise it's totally nondescript.

If you want to stay out of the downtown mess (and I recommend that unless it's your goal) the hotel's location is nice -- just slightly outside downtown. They offer a shuttle service from 7 AM to about 10:30 PM, which is handy

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank WilliamW262
Thank you so much for your comments. We value our guests and thank you for taking the time to give us feedback.
Chesapeake, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

I'm really surprised by the "do not stay here" reviews! It's certainly not THE fanciest place I've ever stayed, but it's definitely not the worst and we would stay here again 100%! We found the entire staff to be exceedingly friendly, professional, and efficient. Check-in is 3:00 PM, but they were able to accommodate us with a room at noon. Our room had a great view of downtown, the bed was comfortable, and the room had a mini fridge, mini microwave, and coffee maker. The shuttle was very convenient! We used it to go downtown & back several times. We ate at the bar and the restaurant and both were pretty good. On our last day there we had a late flight which meant that we had to check out of our room at noon without being completely ready to leave Nashville. Again, the staff was exceptional! They stored our luggage while we lounged by the pool with a drink. They really made us feel at home! Again, it’s not The Ritz (although the lobby sure looks like it!), but for the price and the hospitality I would whole heartedly recommend this hotel.

1 Thank Melissa C
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

I bid for a hotel in Nashville on Priceline and ended up with this hotel. I was disappointed when I found out that I had to stay there since I had read so many bad reviews on the hotel, but there was nothing I could about it. My husband and I checked in to the hotel planning to stay for 3 night (at least we were saving money), but we ended up forcing Priceline to cancel our reservation and refund our money after one night. The wall in this hotel is so very thin. We could hear everything that happened in the room next to ours and boy, we had some super obnoxious neighbors. They woke us up in the middle of the night when the came back to their hotel room. We could hear EVERYTHING. I ended up reporting them to the hotel staff (btw, I had to go to the front desk. I could not call them since the phone in our room was not working) and they sent the security person up. The neighbors were more quiet after that, but we could still hear them. The next day we checked out and moved to Hampton Inn, which was more expensive, but totally worth it. Save yourself some trouble and book a different hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank LFAGM
Pfranzone, General Manager at Millennium Maxwell House Nashville, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank you for helping to make the Millennium Nashville be a better place. Our staff is trained to serve our guests to the highest standards and we apologize if that is not what you experienced.
Ann Arbor, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

We stayed during July 4th week for a large convention and we kept the staff scrambling to meet our every need of which they totally succeeded at doing. We ate at both the restaurant and pub and food was excellent at both. I did not appreciate having to pay $9.95 per day for internet and we've gotten used to staying at hotels that provide a free continental breakfast, the Millennium did not. The rooms aren't old but not new either and don't expect a refrigerator though there are coffee makers. While downtown Nashville is not in walking distance from the hotel, they did provide free shuttle service to all the areas where you'd most likely want to go and with a simple call, they'd come back for you (for as many people as there was at the convention, there was never a wait), for us, this was a great perk! The staff was friendly and accommodating and there was a very nice pool

Room Tip: Even number rooms have a view of Nashville
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you and we’re glad you enjoyed your stay! We appreciate the positive comments on the shuttle service and we look forward to seeing you again soon